What We Do
The OIG Hotline receives information from Postal Service employees, customers, and the general public. It is an important avenue for reporting fraud, waste, and misconduct. We review the information received to identify systemic and criminal issues and potential areas for postal-wide reviews.
We are primarily responsible for receiving and evaluating concerns and complaints, and determining which OIG area would best conduct any appropriate inquiry or investigation.
Please read the below carefully before fiiling out our Hotline form. We want to ensure you are reporting your concern or inquiry to the right office so it is handled in a timely manner.
What the USPS OIG Hotline CANNOT assist you with
- Daily mail delivery and tracking problems
- Post Office customer service issues and concerns. If you have a customer service issue, please contact USPS.
- Day-to-day management decisions
- EEO Complaints
- Issues that are handled by the grievance process
- Issues handled by other government agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor, Justice Department, Office of Personnel Management
- Employee benefits and compensation
For help on these or other issues, please click here.
What to Report to Us
The Hotline will take complaints regarding fraud, waste, and misconduct within the Postal Service. To report mail fraud schemes, vandalism and mail theft by a customer please contact the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.
What the USPS OIG Hotline CAN assist you with
- Injury compensation fraud
- Embezzlements and financial crimes
- Contract Fraud
- Computer Crimes
- Employee Misconduct
- Internal affairs and executive investigations
- Whistleblower reprisal
- Theft of items from the mail by Postal employees or contractors
- Destruction of mail by Postal employees or contractors
How to File a Complaint
The preferred method for filing a complaint with our office is to use our online complaint form.
You can also send us your complaint by mail to:
1735 North Lynn Street
Arlington, VA 22209-2020