Office of Inspector General Contacts
To report mail theft, destruction of mail, fraud, or misconduct committed by a Postal employee or contractor, please file a report below with our Hotline.
View a complete list of what our Hotline can help you with; all other inquiries should be directed to the Postal Service or Postal Inspection Service.
What is whistleblower retaliation?
This occurs when an employee with authority takes or fails to take, or threatens to take, a personnel action against another employee because such employee made a protected disclosure. For more information on whistleblower retaliation go to Whistleblower Retaliation FAQ
- For general inquires regarding our office, please call 703-248-2100, or email our Hotline.
- Our mailing address is: USPS Office of Inspector General,1735 N. Lynn Street, Arlington, VA 22209-2020.
- For inquiries from Congressional offices, please contact us by email.
- If you are a member of the news media, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For website-related issues only, contact the webmaster.
- For the hearing impaired, please call our TTY at 1-866-OIG TEXT (1-866-644-8398).
Postal/Inspection Service Contacts
Are you a victim or have you witnessed a mail-related crime committed by a non-postal employee? Alert Postal Inspectors to the problem and prevent others from being victimized.