- Project Title:
- Small Package Sorting System Performance
- Start Date:
- Wednesday, October 30, 2019
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- April 2020
Since 2014, the Postal Service has deployed Small Package Sorting System (SPSS) machines to address capacity shortfalls at processing facilities. The Postal Service reported shipping and package volume has increased 53 percent since 2014. The SPSS machine was designed to provide automated package sorting and reduce the need for manual package sorting. SPSS performance is measured by productivity and pieces processed metrics.
- How has the deployment of the SPSS machines improved mail processing performance?
- What issues are preventing the SPSS from meeting productivity and throughput goals?
- Please explain any benefits or issues your facility has experienced with the SPSS machines.