• Reply to: Automated Package Stations – Rapidly Expanding Service in Europe!   1 year 9 months ago

i think it is really a great idea but hope its work.

• Reply to: Promoting the Postal Service   1 year 9 months ago

I THINK THE WAY TO ADVERTISE IS STILL WORD OF MOUTH BY EMPLOYEES. WE KNOW OUR CUSTOMERS:} WE KNOW HOW TO TALK TO THEM, WE JUST NEED TO OPEN UP A COUPLE OF CUSTOMERS A WEEK AND DO IT. I RECENTLY DECIDED TO, ONE OF MY FIRST LEADS GAVE US APPROX. $45,000 A YEAR MOSTLY EXPRESS. WHY? BECAUSE I WAS HONEST AND TOLD THEM. LET ME HAVE ONE OF OUR "EXPERTS GIVE YOU A CALL, IF ANYONE CAN WORK FOR YOU, THEY CAN". JACKPOT!

• Reply to: Maximizing Performance-Based Contracting   1 year 9 months ago

How about performance-based delivery? Carriers know the best way to do their jobs. Overall, when given the freedom and accountability to do the job to the best of their ability, I believe the job would be performed more efficiently and productively.

• Reply to: Do you agree with the Postal Service’s decision to change the name of Express Mail and rename Parcel Post?   1 year 9 months ago

no. they should name it snail-mail. I paid for certified mail on august 5th, for delivery august, 8th, and it just now getting processed- August 12th. not delivered yet. My father passed away; the info was important to us, not important to USPS. no wonder the organization is in trouble. this is not the first time this has happened. I just cant trust this service anymore.

• Reply to: Maximizing Performance-Based Contracting   1 year 9 months ago

Customer service number is always busy. No one ever answers and then it hangs up on you. I went in person to 2 different post offices to try and find my certified letter. Got the run around every time and loads of BS. No one will try to help find it or take any responsibility at all. They are totally inefficient, indifferent and unhelpful. I even spoke to a supervisor in Doraville, Ga. He said it was in the "Delivery Process" and would be delivered "Soon". Today is August 13th. It was mailed on June 24th. I paid $11.00 for certified mail with delivery conformation. I got no delivery no conformation and a lost certified letter. No one could give a damn less. What a rip-off and scam! Maybe they will finally shut down because of this kind of crap. Hope so.

I am unhappy with the name change to Priority express. It is very confusing.

• Reply to: Maximizing Performance-Based Contracting   1 year 9 months ago

All contracts should have a process where OIG and Legal have the option to vet and required sign off before RFP is realized. Too late and expensive to fix after contract award. Only way to get performance based in line

I spend $50,000 a year sending packages by USPS. It matters because as an online retailer, these changes were unannounced, confusing and expensive for us, as businesses, to change. I have been losing money for the past month because I got no notification. I'm just seeing these for the first time and I am awestruck.

I have been a strong supporter of USPS and have been in marketing and advertising for decades. This was terribly mishandled and bungled from start to finish. It's taken my IT guy a month to find and send me these updates. NOBODY understood what was coming.

I have been wrestling with problems on my website, as USPS changed these names. For the past month, none of my orders have been working right because of these changes, that were highly unpublicized. I've spent hundreds of dollars on my tech guy trying to track this down, only to find that these changes went into effect without notice.

I have been on board with USPS and have been a huge supporter, but this has caused more headaches than I can even believe. What a bonehead move. It's cost me hundreds in expenses and probably thousands in lost sales.

• Reply to: Making Global e-commerce E-asy   1 year 9 months ago

I have quit a few packages sent to me monthly. They are picked up in Salt Lake City, sometime sent to Nevada, rerouted back to Salt Lake (if not sent to Nevada, they sit in Salt Lake for 3-5 days) then after approx. 7 days, they make it to my home, 2 miles outside of Salt Lake. I believe the post office has serious issues here. They are wasting so much money on shipping things to the wrong place only to ship them back. My last package was picked up 4 days ago and thru tracking I was able to see that it hasn't been logged since pick up. If I order and use FedEx, my packages arrive 2-3 days, ALWAYS. What is wrong with this picture ? (and FedEx is cheaper also). Are the employees doing unnecessary reroutes for job security ? Or ignoring the packages and kicking back ?

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 year 9 months ago

It's no wonder why the postal service is losing money. I had a package shipped to me in Louisiana from Illinois. The package went from Illinois to Tennessee to California and back to Tennessee before supposedly heading to Louisiana. Its been in route for 7 days now and I still haven't received it. All the USPS customers service reps can tell me is that because it's a ground shipment, the trucks take different routes when dropping packages. Tennessee to California and back to Tennessee. Please!!!

Ecommerce user here. Daily shipper of 4 to 10 packages, more around the holidays. You should have renamed Parcel Post to "Economy" and left Priority and Express alone. Now people will doubt whether the new "Priority Express" is overnight like the old "express mail" used to be.

As a shipper, I do appreciate the addition of free insurance and the clearer, more exact, estimated delivery times for Priority now. Thanks for that part.

The other name changes were really unecessary and will serve to confuse.

Exactly. ^^

Way to go, geniuses. Nothing like making your products even more confusing to the general public by prefixing "priority mail" to the express mail product. What dolt with a marketing degree right out of college came up with that brilliant plan? The general public is already ignorant enough of mail classes. Is it your plan to simply trick them into buying the express mail product by renaming it? If so, then maybe you're not so dumb, but you're certainly less trustworthy.

• Reply to: Overtime as a Management Tool   1 year 9 months ago

No one has said it better than rural carrier Mike S. The only thing you left out Mike was the money wasted on the "audit" teams traveling around checking to see if the rural carriers came back to get the 2-3 late letters, another big waste of money.

• Reply to: Overtime as a Management Tool   1 year 9 months ago

I have worked as a rural carrier since 1987 and thankfully will be hitting the door for the last time in less than 4 months. The issue with OT (or in the rural carrier's case, extra pay, as we are "salaried") is one that has many causes and could be easily addressed in most cases. For brevity's sake, I will address just two. First example is the idiotic practice of second trips all because a district manager wants to make his numbers look good. A piece or pieces come in after the carrier has left the office to deliver the route. But because these pieces might affect the EXFC score, managers require the carrier to go back out to deliver 1 or 2 letters that in almost all cases will sit in the mailbox until the next day. So if, for example, I have to drive 15 miles round-trip for 1 letter. I'll be paid somewhere around $30-$35 extra. There have even been sub carriers, not working a route, that travelled over 200 miles because a piece of priority mail was misdirected by the processing plant and again, it might make the manager's numbers look bad. In this example the sub made, wages and mileage, around $300. This happens a LOT! The second example is having carriers work their relief, or off, day. This happens due to a lack of relief carriers. Carriers can make 150% of their daily rate of pay for working their relief day if they chose, or make a half-day's pay with a paid day off. This could be alleviated simply by hiring more subs, but the powers that be have brain-washed lower level managers into believing the post office is going to 5 days and they refuse to hire new subs. The figures put out for one year (a few years ago) was something like $155 million for carriers working their off day.

• Reply to: Do you agree with the Postal Service’s decision to change the name of Express Mail and rename Parcel Post?   1 year 10 months ago

USPS Express Mail is printed on the label as 2 Day. Even for packages with the one day (next day) guaranteed delivery. USPS employees will look at the 2 day and abandon the package until the 2nd day even though it would clearly say the guaranteed delivery day is one day not two. This is causing massive confusion to both employees and consumers. I have shipped three packages so far and all three packages missed the guaranteed date (Packages were actually delivered in TWO days, not One day as promised by the guaranteed delivery and the tracking number). That is simply because of the confusing label. I am asking for my money back on all three packages now..
    IF you want to change the name at least label it correctly.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 year 10 months ago

Due to family illness, I travel from my home in Georgia to Pennsylvania frequently. Despite having submitted an online change of address form mail is intermittently left at my home in Ga. or marked return to sender. My banks and other billers become concerned when the bills are returned to them,bills get paid late because they are sitting in Ga. while I am in Pa. Today I went to USPS to extend the temporary address change and after failing online called the USPS telephone number. I was told my confirmation number is not used by the post office. However I saved the email sent by USPS and the number I gave the person on the phone is the number sent to me by the postal workers change of address site. How do you expect to remain in business when this simplee service is so badly managed ?

• Reply to: Overtime as a Management Tool   1 year 10 months ago

You know what they say, "Do as I say, not as I do"....You go, Mo!!!!!!!!

• Reply to: Promoting the Postal Service   1 year 10 months ago

Whenever a company appoints a new Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), it seems he/she needs to make a mark by firing the incumbent ad agency and changing brand names to demonstrate that they are doing something new. "If it fits, it ships" was a powerful Priority Mail campaign created by the Postal Service's former ad agency, that was fired by the new CMO. The new campaign is bland and the product re-branding confusing. Too bad the CMO didn't simply leave the former campaign alone, appreciating that it was working.

Ok I understand priority mail and express mail, but I just received a package that was priority express mail 2 day what is that? Is it express mail or priority mail? I thought Priority Express Mail was the same as Express Mail which meant overnight? HUH!! What is going on with the USPS? Haves the employees from top to bottom lost their minds. No wonder they are bleeding from all ends. Get a grip and leave things alone.

I am a small business that uses the USPS DAILY. Forget the name game. That is just a needless distraction that has no VALUE whatsoever. Sure go make more boxes and envelopes and waste money all because you think one name is better than another. You need to replace your marketing guru.

Why not focus on helping small businesses in AMERICA grow by concentrating your efforts on making the INTERNATIONAL mail services AFFORDABLE AGAIN???! When I started out with my online business, I could ship a small piece of jewelry to Europe using PRIORITY mail for less than 5 bucks. It is PITIFUL what you have done to America's small businesses. You have seriously damaged our International sales revenue and we can no longer compete in that market.

If you make International mail more affordable... WE ALL WIN.

• Reply to: Rethinking Tractor Trailers for the Long Haul   1 year 10 months ago

This is a really easy solution for the Trucks and Trailers.

Trailer specifications should be lowered to standard E Track equiped semi trailer with 12 inch on center E-track posts and have the best possible roll up doors made. LED Lights all around and Stainlesss Steel rear opening and bumper.

As for tractors. a Manufacturer should be able to lease the postal service enough tractors to the specification they desire. The only thing I would make sure that is done is that these tractors are not so far outside the Standard tractor order of the private fleets. AKA Dont strip them down to bare shells or put to many extra / redundant systems that are not called for.

I have been around the post office working as a HCR contractor for over 6 years and yes the post office have nice equipment but they dont rotate out their fleet like a private corporation to take advantage of IRS tax laws. Tractors should be driven for 3-5 years and then rotated out. Trailers can operate without major issues in the 8-10 year range.

• Reply to: The OIG Wants to Know How You Feel about Sick Leave   1 year 10 months ago

This one is spoken from a true asinine supervisor. Good for you.

I agree. Imagine the million of dollars just to implement this chaotic, idiotic change - educating, advertising, supplies, implementation, etc. Whoever approved this change needs to go. USPS is already losing billions of dollars, this change is NOT cost effective. USPS should cut cost not create more waste. Someone is making $$ revenues, who could that be? Investigation should be in place.