• Reply to: The High Cost of Low-Cost Mail   3 years 10 months ago

Maybe the post office should WAKE up and find out why Fed Ex and UPS have been so successful in the few short years that they have come along and taken the bulk of the profitable business away from the USPO. I can help you with an answer. BETTER service and better people. Their rates are higher than USPO but we don't mind paying for BETTER service. Years ago I worked Chicago and had to ship and receive packages via the postal service. Every nite I went to the O'Hare PO to pick up the days packages. The men working there were the WORST people I have ever dealt with in my entire life. After that I switched to UPS and later used Fed Ex. Is ANYONE awake at the POST OFFICE?????

• Reply to: Village Post Offices: A Step Forward or Step Back for Postal Retail Services?   3 years 10 months ago

Bravo! You said everything we've been thinking.

• Reply to: What is the Office of Audit and why do we blog?   3 years 10 months ago

It's good to have more blogs are saying about these issues, more information will be more attentive negocios rentables

• Reply to: Online Shopping on the Rise! What’s in it for the Postal Service?   3 years 10 months ago

I think price will be a huge determining factor with this. Good post!

• Reply to: Moving at the Right Speed   3 years 10 months ago

There are pors and cons to both, I am leaning towards relaxing the overnight service standard.

• Reply to: Envisioning the Future   3 years 10 months ago

Its the waiting in line at the PO that gets to me. Always seems to be at least 30 mins. i can ship at FedEx in ten.

• Reply to: Make Way for www.----.post   3 years 10 months ago

Informative one... Keep sharing

• Reply to: Moving at the Right Speed   3 years 10 months ago

This will fix nothing as long as we Delivery any mail for less than the cost of processing, the law states each class of mail must cover their cost, lets first fix this. Their is no use giving volume discounts if we can not cover our costs. The bottom line fix, The president needs to dismiss all the Board of Govneres, Then the PMG, we needed leaders who beleive in the service we are suppose to be providing to the people of this country, we do not need leadres that are only intrested in handouts, or in the case of the PMG making friends with outsode companies who will be his next employer.

• Reply to: Stamp Vending Machines   3 years 10 months ago

There are none left. USPS will, however, be reinstituting them, but I don't know when.

• Reply to: Is Five-Day Delivery in the Future?   3 years 10 months ago

If the USPS wants to keep any level of self sufficiency, then they are going to have to go to a 5 day schedule and work smarter and more efficiently.

• Reply to: Pay for Performance   3 years 10 months ago

My experience has been that poor performers are not dismissed, they are transferred.

I have seen TV documentaries where some employees slept in their trucks while on duty and others drove drunk. They suffered no consequences.

I have ongoing problems with packages stolen from the post office. Management's response has been a verbal shrug, i.e., "That's the way it is".

Management can't or won't take effective action. No one seems willing to rock the boat.

It is not surprising that the USPS is in debt; if a private business were run the way the post office is run, it would have gone out of business a long time ago.

It is time to start firing people. Get rid of the incompetent, lazy or corrupt employee whether management or staff. Improve security so that crooks are caught and prosecuted (and dismissed).

If there is not a fundamental change the way the USPS is run, then let it go out of business.

• Reply to: Mail Transport Equipment—Inventory Management and Loss Prevention   3 years 10 months ago

Missing plastic pallets are only part of the MTE problem.

The USPS provided pallets, sacks, letter and flats trays, as well as APCs/GPS and OTRs to mailers for the transportation of their product to Post Offices and P&DCs.

But all to often those mailers use *our* equipement for *their own internal purposes.

*I'm not talking about a few trays (tubs) used for office storage. *I'm talking about our plastic and canvas hampers used by their employees to sort their product before it ever gets to us.
    *I'm talking about using our trays, hampers, OTRs and GPCs to transport their *customers'* product to their facility for sorting.

This equipment *never* gets back to the USPS. It stays in facilities like UPS for their own use, saving them millions nationwide while we subsidize that cost.

Even if some gets back to us, mailers obsorb more.

The OIG need to pay visits to big and little mail consolidators to get our gear back. That cost alone should save the jobs of more than a few clerks and carriers.

• Reply to: Is Five-Day Delivery in the Future?   3 years 10 months ago

I agree with 5 day delivery but think the biggest savings would come from eliminating door to door delivery. Can you imagine how much the postal service would save on labor, dog bites, & injuries? There's nothing wrong with cluster boxes. I believe more mail would be secure with these locking boxes anyway. Should have been done long ago. Has there ever been a public vote on it?

• Reply to: Moving at the Right Speed   3 years 10 months ago

Here is last scan on custom form info you provided. "Processed Through Sort Facility

Your item was processed through our FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099 facility on July 06, 2011 at 11:40 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

You can access this info, via website "www.usps.gov" and input your custom number into the tracking search.

Also on this site you can email. But just in case you have difficulty here is the URL:

I hope this will be of assistance to you.

• Reply to: Moving at the Right Speed   3 years 10 months ago

I read the OIG commissioned study. Very detailed, very expensive, but I continue to marvel that we (USPS) sells "service" and now we are evaluating how to reduce service with slower standards and fewer delivery days. Where, in American business, do we reduce service? (Maybe I don't want to know that answer!) As has been suggested by others above, we do a fantastic job but do not charge enough. UPS and FEDEX have figured out how raise rates EVERY YEAR in order to remain profitable. USPS employees work hard and deserve a living wage! The PM General should be lobbying to raise rates instead of carving up the USPS.

• Reply to: Could Radio Frequency Identification Make the U.S. Postal Service the Premier Delivery System?   3 years 10 months ago

Jr,

Thanks for your input. ROI is definitly one of the factors that would have to be considered if RFID were to come to the Postal Service.

• Reply to: What Do You Think of the Priority Mail Advertising Campaign?   3 years 10 months ago

I have found UPS advertising to be somewhat deceptive. I package my shipment according to terms, but always seem to get over charged. I was kinda pissed cus I had to walk 2 miles, I think i got corns on my toes from it smh.

• Reply to: Moving at the Right Speed   3 years 10 months ago

my parcel from the USA to Namibia (Africa)seems to have been lost, i cannot contact the USPO because they DO NOT HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS!
    Please can you help?
    The parcel was posted on the 2nd of July 2011 and the reference/tracking number is CP827918059US
    My name is Mark Welthagen from Swakopmund Namibia, my phone number is +264 81 1247039
    Please can you help?
    regards
    Mark

• Reply to: Moving at the Right Speed   3 years 10 months ago

Reducing plants, relaxing standards???
    Use what you have. As others have pointed out, the plants have the equipment, use it. Spread the processing out.
    At the stations they still continue to get Hotshot runs with NO mail, since they reduced tour 2. Put some mail on the trucks and let the clerks work the mail in afternoons. Another benefit would be the pressing need to have staffing in the morning and not need the clerks later in the day.
    Did I say use the equipment to process, use the trucks that already run empty and use the clerks to sort the mail in the afternoons
    Use the equipment, use the infrasture that is in place.

And stop requiring Postmasters to redeliver the mail to the appropriate office when it is misdelivered from the plant. Again HUGE waste of time.

I'm on a roll. Why is it necessary to have mail up in PO boxes by a set time in the morning? Customer gets delivery by the end of the day . . . lets say 6pm. Every day. period.
    No more rushing around attempting to distribute and deliver mail and no more FALSE SPMS scans.
    Again a joke.

Use our equipment, our infrastructure our people and stop seeking that score that provides a bonus.

No more EAS bonuses attached to false scores.

Okay . .. off my soapbox.

• Reply to: Moving at the Right Speed   3 years 10 months ago

C. Chaney fails to understand how much money was saved years ago when plants stopped processing mail on Tour 2. The only way to have first class mail available to process on tour 2 would be to delay it--the carriers have not picked it up yet, and they have already left for the streets so what was being processed? It was a cost saving measure and simpler to process the first class and the standard all at the same time, instead of paying an entirely different tour of employees to work for what most people consider "junk" mail. This latest proposal will finally remove the remainder of the waste from the system.

• Reply to: Silly Rules   3 years 10 months ago

Really agree with you.

• Reply to: 5-Day Delivery? What About 3-Day?   3 years 10 months ago

I am a rural carrier, have never heard of a rural carrier that makes that much money, true some of us are done with our rts under the evaluated time. the best way to handle the rural carrier craft is to combine the J rts and aux to the exiting rts in the office. we have 3 J rts in the office where I work.rural carriers save the postal service money. thats way they aren't breathing down our necks like they do city carriers. maybe all carriers should be on evaluated system, no more overtime, do your job and go home. the postal service does need to refresh its system to the times at hand. with fax machines and email we have to move ahead.

• Reply to: Revenue Protection   3 years 10 months ago

Wow, it's really help and useful RSS Feed!

• Reply to: Postal Ping Pong Diplomacy: Opportunity Knocks for the U.S. Postal Service   3 years 10 months ago

Something like simple savings account and a discount on USPS money orders for account holders (rather than a true checking account).
    Jesus Castillo Como Subir la Masa Muscular

• Reply to: A New Kind of Post Office?   3 years 10 months ago

Great work, gradually modernize the post office and with the advent of technology is inevitable and is not used as much as in the past. Still can innovate new services and attract new customers.
    Jesus Castillo Como Subir la Masa Muscular