• Reply to: Nationwide Wage Uniformity   5 years 6 months ago

After reading the posts on this blog I think the USPS should hire more people who graduate high school and can write understandable and mostly correct English.

Also, wages plus benefits as a package should never exceed public sector compensation. Job security should count for a good chunk of that. As a private citizen subject to the whims of the market, I feel envious of your job security and benefits.

Count your blessings postal workers.

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 6 months ago

how about that stupid rule that in the plants time cards MUST be in the rack and locked at all times. With todays timekeeping no one could clock someone else in and the supervisor not know.

the information on the time card should be on the employees ID badge like at costco and albertsons to name a few.

so much money could be saved when the supervisor does not unlock the time cards in time and then the supervisor must manually input the employees time.

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 6 months ago

Only 2 pitcures and a calender , to be hung on case !
    Family photo's remind us why we work and come back safely at the end of the day ! How do you pick which 2 children are placed on your case when you have 6 ?
    Let's concentrate on building business and cutting costs, not powertripping !

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 6 months ago

Looking for more work are you?

• Reply to: Should the Postal Service Eliminate Sunday Mail Processing Operations?   5 years 6 months ago

WNY Clerk & Carrier comments both have hit a BIG nerve for USPS. (Portion of comment below" from "Periodicals", August 28 for you're consideration.

note: the applications in these devices literally
    have time sensitive dates included in the
    component. This means, the flyer is delivered like a text message to the persons "cell phone", "Blackberry", or other
    PCD, and the store cashier simply scans the
    coupon from the customer device. How Climate Green is that?
    No more printing the flyer, no more transporting the flyer, no more delivering the flyer.

*************

Does the term “Lemonade”, mean anything to any of the OIG’s technical staff?
    Hint-Hint….
    Mobile Internet Applications i.e., Black-BERRIES, I mean mobile application PCD’s.
    (PCD-Personal Communication Device)
    I mean wireless apps…. inferred as paperless media..
    Consider the electronic medical records (EMR)
    a reality within 24 months. (est.)
    Of course, Congress must first approve any current
    legislation.
    Also, lets look at the facts 08/29/09 “I-Phone
    sales increase 34 million units 3rd qtr. 2009.”

i agree with u closed 100 fsm on the sunday day

If the Post office really ran as a business. Management would try to find ways to expand and make revenue instead of taking the easy way out and "save money".

I also think auxiliary routes should be absorbed by established routes. Rural routes can handle much more territory, now, that volume is down. How foolish, that routes are cut to H Routes when my office has 3 Auxiliary Routes. My Salary is down $600/month. Yet, I can touch all the auxiliary boxes and wave to that carrier, when doing my own route. Management inflates their offices to maintain THEIR rate of pay,and keep extra supervisors and 204B's on the floor, while our pay decreases. It makes sense, that if everything is declining, why isn't the number of supervisors in an office declining? I want to have a company to retire from after serving 19 yrs and counting!!

Simply put, I say stop processing mail on sundays in plants where it is beneficial. Some plants require the mail processing time I'm sure.

There deffinitly is too many supervisors and managers. In the last package to reduce management there really seems to have been no cuts. I think I do see a managers job becoming a supervisory level job. Some of the in plant support at supervisor level pay are migrating to other unneeded positions. I have seen so much make work EAS positions since I have worked at the PO. I have to say the Post offices so called diversity plan is destroying the bussiness. It is obvious to me that the supervisors are not capable of managing operations of the importance that they do. This is what we get from our diversification and the the token white guy diversity program. Fill positions based on back ground and expertise. Not race and sex or sexual orientation. Thanks America...

I look at it as a whole, not about me. Maybe I'm one of the few that think of others.

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 6 months ago

On my route, it takes me 5 minutes to deliver to a 20 unit apartment complex.
    If I loose that complex, and it is replaced with 20 delivery points (Park & Loop), my route will have been made 15 minutes longer than it was before the loss of the apartment complex.

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 6 months ago

They must have been in a Park & Loop state of mind. It takes me one minute to walk from one delivery point to the next. How many pieces of mail can you finger in one minute?

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 6 months ago

My route was recognised as being 8 hours and didn't need an adjustment.

However...

The carrier servicing the route adjacent to mine is out of shape and cannot handle Park & Loop. during the adjustment process, 80 of my deliveries consisting of apartments were removed from my route. In exchange I was added 80 deliveries of Park & Loop.

The 80 delivery points I lost used to take me 20 minutes to deliver.
    The 80 delivery points added to my route take me 90 minutes to deliver!

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 6 months ago

Delivering to 20 delivery points (park & loop) takes me 20 minutes. Delivering to a 20 unit apartment only takes me 5 minutes on my route.

Sooo.

If I loose my 5 minute apartment building, I will be added 20 minutes onto my route? That will make my route 15 minutes longer than before.

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 6 months ago

Probably was in a Park & Loop state of mind. It takes me One Minute to walk from one Delivery Point to the next. I finger as I walk, How many pieces of mail can you finger in One Minute?

A noted point in my last comment, by this evening,
    the Senate Finance Committee will presumably be
    wrapping up their extensive review of the Medicare portion of their "current" House driven "NATIONAL HEALTH CARE PLAN".

The number's for consideration equal roughly
    42% of the overall compliment. Which severely
    complicates the Medicaid component of the bill.

See: 1017 pp of.... well, you know.. right?
    H.R. 3200 July 2009

Not until they start laying off management...which they and YOU will never do.....YOU (the OIG) lays in bed with management!!!! You are ALWAYS attacking craft, not management!!!

HOW CUTE???

TO LOU THE MANAGER, I WOULDN'T GIVE YOU TEN CENTS TO GET LOST OR FOR YOUR STUPID OPINION, YOU JUST STAY HERE AND SUFFER LIKE THE REST OF US! NOW THAT THINGS ARE GETTING HARD FOR MANAGEMENT AND THEY ARE BEING HELD RESPOSIBLE NOW THEY WANT TO FLEE! GET OFF YOUR CHAIR AND GO COUNT ALL THE MAIL FOR THE THREE TOUR MDO AND BE PREPARED FOR HER OR HIS NEXT CALL IN FIFTEEN MINUTES, LATER SUCKER!!

its all about you, right?

you can not have split days off, it is not allowed in the contract!! people wake up, the reason the union negotiated the end of split days off was because of abusive managers like the ones in monmouth who had clerks with split days off like tues/fri on tour one. do you want to sign up for that? only if you are a loner or an idiot!

not allowed in the clerk craft CBA!read your contrast!

you got that right brother, but the problem that they face is the consecutive days off in the CBA, they would have to redo everything in the plants and would need more people to staff the rest of the week.

they are too busy prosecuting all the thieving managers all around the country, especially the one that was running your place for awhile until he got kicked out and forced to retire and now he is going to jail, there are a lot more of these hypocrits around!!

do you work sundays for twenty years? stop being so selfish!