• Reply to: Is the Price Right?   4 years 11 months ago

I've watched the people at the local post office and the overall personal effiency is a problem. Everything is manual. With the change over from Snail mail to internet mail, the post office in it's current structure is not keeping up with the time. It's time to re-invent it.

• Reply to: Workforce Flexibility – Would it Work for the Postal Service?   4 years 11 months ago

My office used to have 2 six hour city routes carried by 3 PTF Carriers. Thanks to maximization they now have an 8 hour route and an aux. route and I have to find hours at different installations. Your question is a mute point-just ask the NALC.

• Reply to: Neighborhood Mail   4 years 11 months ago

I like the idea. It seems it would help small local business that add so much to a community. I'm not so worried about newspapers, they're in decline as it is and blocking something like neighborhood mail won't change that. And while some newspapers may offer a service like this, not all do of them do so this would be a good option for small business owners to have to get the most bang for the buck.

• Reply to: Cast Your Vote via the Postal Service?   4 years 11 months ago

Historically corruption of votes has occurred at the polls, however no system of voting guarentees integrety UNLESS the public continues to be vigulent.

If voting by mail is totally accountable, and all signatures are confirmed against the voter registration record then the process is more secure than voting at the polls. If you don't believe this then talk to any county administrator in the states of Washington and Oregon.

• Reply to: How is the Postal Service Managing Its Forklift Fleet?   4 years 11 months ago

thanks

• Reply to: Nationwide Wage Uniformity Part 2   4 years 11 months ago

Um.. what prevailing private sector wage should be the basis for USPS mail carrier compensation?

The closest private sector job is pizza delivery.

• Reply to: A Look at India Post   4 years 11 months ago

Extraordinary to find this out. I've always been staggered by the efficiency of India Post, and wondered how they've managed to achieve this. Now it seems simply by pumping money into it... I will say however that India Post's old fashioned model highly impressive, at least as a consumer

• Reply to: Making “Sorry We Missed You” a Thing of the Past   4 years 11 months ago

Terrible idea. I wouldn't trust the USPS with something important enough to have been sent via FedEx/UPS.

• Reply to: Cast Your Vote via the Postal Service?   4 years 11 months ago

Everything those who are entrusted with enforcing the laws of the United States Constitution continues to be Fraudulent (Collusion) creating the American Holocaust. No vote needs to be casted for YHVH's solution the Peoples Righteous Kill Defense.

• Reply to: Cast Your Vote via the Postal Service?   4 years 11 months ago

It seems there's always the possibility of fraud no matter how we do it. Mailing in votes might get more people to vote. I think it's a good idea, as long as it's closely monitored.

• Reply to: Brainstorm Ideas to Help the Postal Service   4 years 11 months ago

REENERGIZE FASCINATING STAMPS
    The Post Office can nurture a long-term love of stamps---as an artform, educational tool and habit-forming hobby. Starting with schools, provide maps of the United States and World, which have slots to be filled in with stamps for each State or Country. Designer stamps, which are linked to pop culture and contemporary hot news, can be rolled out incrementally or sold as limited edition packs.

• Reply to: Cast Your Vote via the Postal Service?   4 years 11 months ago

i think it will be lots of fraud if they do it this way

• Reply to: Mail Transport Equipment—Inventory Management and Loss Prevention   4 years 11 months ago

Theft loss of palets is always a bad thing. However, i think that increased security does not cover the expenses of theft in this case. It is worth researching tough, so you set an example that theft is not tolerated

• Reply to: The Postal Strike of 1970   4 years 11 months ago

Well I hafta tell ya, Ive been involved in strike action before.. Its very stressfull.. Families depending on the breadwinner suddenly have grave fears for their future.
    My advice.. take a Golden handshake.. and set your self up in some little cottage industry business.. Dont buy into Franchises.. they rip you off EVERY time.. be brave.. and start off doing something for yourself ..its easy actually.. I have started 3 business from scratch.. Carpet cleaning Roller shutters and Garage door sales.. all great.. try working on Commission.. if you have some $$ behind you.. you can take your time and get some sales happening quick.. Right now Solar power is BIG..
    JUST DO IT..

- short retail hours is a problem - for USPS packages too! Possibly units that have later hours or someone there after retail close could scan and give packages to customers who would NOT pay - non-USPS shippers would (a la Parcel Select).
    - internet option to move a package close to someone's work location would also be nice, but needs to be handled at dutch door NOT retail counter at busy times. Again-shippers pay, not customers.

• Reply to: The Postal Service’s Green Initiatives   4 years 11 months ago

interesting, i am bookmarking that.

• Reply to: Cast Your Vote via the Postal Service?   4 years 11 months ago

While I’m glad for the additional postal revenue of voting by mail, I hope that my state never adopts it. I am too paranoid. I can too easily imagine the election fraud potentials of voting by mail. The only way to prevent widespread counterfeiting of ballots is to give each ballot a unique identifier—which suddenly allows the government to know how I voted. And even if there is a unique identifier on each ballot, how would anyone know that I didn’t fill out every ballot in my household, or that I didn’t steal my neighbors’ ballots for that matter? Can I receive a replacement ballot by claiming that the original must have been lost in the mail, and then return both? The concept is good postal business, but it’s poor democracy.

• Reply to: Year 2   4 years 11 months ago

You are correct I remember all but one of the topics are they rightfully should be considered the most popular. Great Job.

As an online seller, I think this is a good idea.

• Reply to: A Penny for Your Thoughts?   4 years 11 months ago

Increases in one penny at a time.

sorry that you missed me.

• Reply to: New Business Mail Acceptance and Verification Process — Friend or Foe?   4 years 11 months ago

When Postal One was down, we were required to submit hard copy forms even though we had already submitted them electronically and had the Confirmation paperwork with the mail. This delayed the mail being accepted and created doubl ework for us.

• Reply to: Too Costly to Keep On Truckin?   4 years 11 months ago

why do we need to bring our own trucks the local service center for MINOR repairs. EX. fix wiper blades,fix a fuse, add windshield wash,anti-freeze,etc. When, if we had our uwn supply at each station, we,a manager, or someone, could do the repair. The cost would be NOTHING.WE can do it, and then ther carrier (hopefully)will know that the job was done RIGHT in the first palce.WE are throwing away money,letting the local service,and/or gas station do the repair.Yes, keep them for the major jobs,but the little ones we can do, and save big bucks, in the mean time.

• Reply to: Guest Blog: Automation Refugees   4 years 11 months ago

good job

Thanks for your comment Donna. Would you please elaborate how your part is more involved. What are you now doing extra or differently now than what you used to? This will help us to better understand the customer's perspective.