• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   1 month 3 days ago

It is March 2015. The USPS itself told me with all the kindness in the world that 1st Class Parcel Post simply does not give a hoot in outer space. They'll get your package to you, yeah, right, whenever the lazy bones decides to throw it into a delivery truck. IF he decides to put it in--and then you can depend on it being stuck at your nearest major sorting hub for nearly a week. But I think we need to look at a couple of things: 1) Lazy senders who want to pay 50 cents and expect three-day delivery. 2) Idiots (cheapskates) who forgot Priority thus sending it spiraling down the john. 3) People who still think the letter carriers read and hand-sort every piece of mail on the route when they barely know where they are and mail is pre-sorted before they get in to work. 4) Anyone ever heard of UPS? They don't break or lose stuff any more often than USPS.

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   1 month 4 days ago

Just from the comments above and the experiences I have had in the past year with International packages that did not track from my post office until suddenly, almost a month later, they start tracking, but in the acceptance country, I can promise you, the behemoth quasi Government agency, USPS, doesn't care a whit about and individual or their lost package. Look at those silly response letters above. They do absolutely nothing to offer help. This is why FedEx, UPS, DHL and other private courier services arte doing so well and the USPS is bleeding from every pore. The only advantage they have is price, which in most cases is less expensive than the private services. But if you look at service, sometimes the lure of low prices are a sirens song.
    From my experience, the USPS handles domestic mail pretty well, but I'm not impressed with their handling of International parcels.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 5 days ago

I am so mad! We were gone 3-9-15 to 3-13-15 and had our mail put on hold. We filled out a card and on it were instructions that we would pick up the mail on 3-14-15. I go to pick it up, wait in line only to be told that it wasn't there. Then she asked if we called ahead to let them know when we were picking it up. I looked at her so dumb founded, and said no, we filled out a card. So she asked if I would like her to call the other post office that is conjunction with this one. I said yes please, she said no the mail is not there and that it must be being delivered with todays mail. So I go home and wait for todays mail only to receive just that days mail. It's Saturday and I don't have any mail that was suppose to be on hold. WHERE IS MY MAIL???? Now I have to wait until Monday to try and track down our mail. We always have mail every day!! 5 days worth of mail and no one knows where it is!!! What a bunch of BS! I am going to guess that the girl behind the counter didn't look in the right place or somebody stole our mail at the post office or someone delivered it to the wrong address!!! WHERE IS MY MAIL???? VERY, VERY MAD!!!!!!! What is the point of holding mail if you can't pick it up!! Someone is not doing there job right!!!! Patt

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 month 5 days ago

I live in Burbank, CA. I have used or tried to use the USPS kiosks in each of the three USPS stations in Burbank. Every kiosk has been unable to help me in recent months because the card ( credit / debit) reader rejects my cards. I regularly use my cards in restaurants, bars, retail stores, ATMs, car washes, parking meters and garages, markets and service stations, but these same cards have been repeatedly rejected by the USPS kiosks. EVEN WHEN THE SAME CARDS ARE ACCEPTED BY THE CARD SWIPING DEVICES AT THE USPS SERVICE WINDOWS.

If the USPS is unable or unwilling to provide kiosks that operate properly or to maintain the kiosks as required, then the kiosks are a waste of tax funding, and the USPS should remove the machines from the post office stations.

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   1 month 5 days ago

As a rural letter carrier, I believe the next generation of LLV should be able to switch from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive. In addition, it should be able to handle the large capacity of mail as well as parcels during the Holiday rush and the every day parcel volume. A better heating / cooling system needs to be incorporated into the vehicle as well. Other features I'd like to see included are: airbags, better widow defrosters, maybe a small lighting system for potential night deliveries, maybe a radio. As far as shape and body design, it needs to be bigger and roomier to walk in the back and have shelves for mail and parcels.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 6 days ago

1. I sent my son a package to Italy the week before Christmas, 2014.
    2. The package was listed as undeliverable, so I requested the package be returned.
    3. The package was sent back to the U.S. the last week of January, 2015.
    4. The package arrived in New York customs, was then sent to Chicago.
    5. Chicago sent it back to New York, and New York sent it back to Italy.
    6. It then was sent back to New York , AGAIN.
    7. New York sent it to Miami.
    8. Miami sent it back to Italy, AGAIN!!!!!
    I JUST WANT MY PACKAGE BACK.............................

I have called the 800-ASK-USPS as many times as I could without going crazy, with no resolve. They tell me they have no one that can put their hands on my package, I just have to wait until someone notices that they have screwed up royally and sent my package back to Italy instead of reading what the box says to do! My package has made the trip to Italy three times now, which I am sure has cost the USPS money to fly the plane to get it where it’s “not supposed to be”.

I have been told that I cannot file a claim until my case is closed, but they refuse to close my case until the package can no longer be tracked. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS? IS THERE A DEPARTMENT THAT CARES ENOUGH TO CARE? IS THERE SOMEONE THAT CAN ACTUALLY SAY THEY HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO PUT THEIR HANDS ON THE PACKAGE AND GET IT BACK TO ME?

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 6 days ago

Why is it when you have issues with the postal service you call thier 1800 number for help and the system takes 10 minutes or more then it hangs up on you when all you realy want to do is talk to someone whos alive and breathing but the dam stupid computer system wont let you no matter what selection you chose no wonder the usps is being phased out even the computer system is a stupid piece of shit

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 6 days ago

Hello Charlene,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence and we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

The role of the USPS Office of Inspector General is to investigate waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS). Unfortunately, this issue falls outside of the jurisdiction of this office.

However, please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (404) 765-7702 , so they can look further into this matter for you.

As well, if you still would like to file a complaint with our offices, you can do so on our hotline at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form and we can forward your issue to the appropriate department.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 1 week ago

Customer Service Issue. I entered the Post Office located on 2385 Godby Road, College Park Georgia at approximately 1:49p.m., today to retrieve a certified parcel, and as I stood in this long line and finally made my way up to the counter, a postal employee named Ms. TYLER then informed me that I had to get in another line for parcel pickup. I then stated to her that why wasn't there wasn't a sign posted informing customers of this and she "looked at me and gave me a hard stare" and proceed to say "DON'T YOU SEE THAT LADY" (a couple of rows down,) and she was yelling at this point, and then she smirk at me.

I proceeded to ask for a supervisor (named "JAMES BILL" - that's exactly the information she gave me). After "JAMES BILL" and I conversed a little about it, i.e., the postal employee's "RUDE" attitude and especially the lack of a sign notifying incoming customer (through a visual display) that there was "a specific line" for certified/parcels pick ups, he causally shrugged his shoulders as if he really didn't care and that I was bothering him.

I then informed him that I would be filing this complaint. Still he was unaffected by the whole process and offered no real reason why his staff was "yelling at me" or that they failed to have a sign up.

My points are simple in that HEREIN is a clear portrayal of unprofessional/rude behavior by BOTH USPS employees towards a local customer and where no "REAL" effort was made to remedy a possible solution, i.e., neither an apology or a sign that says " FOR CERTIFIED/PARCEL PICK UPS ONLY!" This definitely would of prevented me from standing in a long line for "nothing", just to be told that I needed to go to another long line and wait again!

0 points for professionalism and customer service!

Thank you.

Charlene

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 1 week ago

I would like to know if there are any regulations about the amount of space that is required around a mailbox in a residential area where there is curbside delivery. We have lived here for over 24 years and have never had any problems until now. This mailman we have had for somewhere between 2 -3 Years keeps slapping on stickers that say "Please keep the approach to the mailbox clear at all times or we will be unable to deliver your mail".
    We leave approximately 20 feet from where are car is parked on one side of the mailbox. On the other side of our mailbox there is about 15 feet from where an occasional guest will park.
    At no time is there EVER a car blocking the mailbox and yet we get these occasional stickers. We got one today (while I was in the front yard maybe 20 feet away! ) and I headed straight to the main post office here in Chapel Hill,NC. I asked if there were any regulations about the appropriate distance from the mailbox. I was told there are NONE except not to BLOCK it. Why does this postman keep harassing us? I feel bullied. I'd like to be sure that I got accurate information concerning the space around my mailbox. Can anyone verify that information for us?

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   1 month 1 week ago

This would be so useful. I move a lot (four times in three years) and there's inevitably someone who I forget to give my new address. This would be way easier!

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   1 month 1 week ago

gas prices

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 1 week ago

usps continues to cut services and raise prices. What company has ever used that model to rebuild a brand?

• Reply to: Do you agree with the Postal Service’s decision to change the name of Express Mail and rename Parcel Post?   1 month 1 week ago

You have a problem with delivery a service on a consistent basis. You have closed the airport express mail facility. You no longer guarantee express mail until delivered to the post office very early in the day.

Now, you want to add another area of confusion to a area which you are having problems with a product. Last thing you want to do unless the name clarifies the service you are delivering. Priorlty Mail express sounds like Priority mail. Express mail clearly states the name of the product. My opinion, very bad decision to rename a product which only needs to be improved by being able to accept & guarantee the mail when deliveried later to the post-office. Fedex allow drop-offs as late at 10:15pm for delivery the following day. NOT THE POST OFFICE!! I'm not sure what the hours are now regarding next day delivery.

Douglas Satcher

• Reply to: Calling All Revenue-Generation Ideas   1 month 1 week ago

If I have an idea that can generate billions does the person with the idea get a cut. Lets say 1 cent per sale?

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 1 week ago

The South Lake Tahoe area has terrible delivery sorters. My route is the 12th St area and the Mail is delivered to the wrong addresses almost every day ! I have packages delivered to other addresses almost every time! I follow tracking and it will say delivered but not to me. I've had money lost and have had neighbors bring my mail all the time. I've filed complaints to no avail ! When ever I can I ask to have packages shipped by UPS ! The only people that are worse then the USPS here is the weatherman !

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   1 month 1 week ago

But you're not required to stop at every house. Nice try, though. Funny, mailmen before never had this problem, and got paid less. Go figure

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 month 1 week ago

If the line is long I will use the self-service kiosk. However, there is no option for "media mail" rates at these kiosks. This option would be very much appreciated.

Also, during regular post office hours, there is no place to put kiosk-stamped parcels that will not fit in the bin provided.

The clerks are helpful at the LeFleur Station in Jackson, MS. They will get someone to help you bring in heavy boxes or they will help you themselves.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 1 week ago

Hello Loi,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence and we apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced.

Unfortunately, this issue falls outside of the jurisdiction of this office. The two best options in a situation such as this would be to:

1) Contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office, whose jurisdiction this issue falls under, at (305) 470-0890 or (305) 470-0801 so they can look further into this matter for you.

or

2) File a complaint with our offices at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form and we can try to forward your issue to the appropriate department.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 1 week ago

Hello Joyce,

However, please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (858) 674-2670, so they can look further into this matter for you.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 2 weeks ago

A post office in 6401 el cajon in san diego never delivered my mail containing a check. When I called inquiring about whether it was in transit, I was told they attempted to deliver it but the tracking information online still says in transit. There was no slip indicating they attempted to deliver, when I mentioned this to the person on the phone I was told to 'stop being lazy and pick up my certified mail'. This is totally inappropriate and overall rude. When I went to the post office to pick it up the same day, none of the post office workers would tell me who their manager was. Very inefficient and unprofessional. So disappointing.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 2 weeks ago

Dear Post Master General,

My complaint is two-folds. On 2/26/15, I mailed two packages (both to the same person) via Priority Mail to Christiansted, St. Croix, 00820 (US Virgin Islands). One package went from Hollywood, Florida (receiving Post Office) to the Opa Locka, Florida, sorting facility, next, on to Pueto Rico, then on to Christiansted, St. Croix. I know that this is the normal route for my packages going to St. Croix as I have mailed many items to this destination over the past six years --- sometimes several in a month.

However, on this occasion, according to the tracking entries, the package supposedly left Pueto Rico on 3/1/15 at 2:44 AM and no entry was made to indicate it's arrival at the destination Post Office in Christiansted until 3/3/15. Might I add, it is only a 35 minute plane ride from Pueto Rico to St. Croix --- 40 minutes at best. No accounting for the missing two days!

The next entry stated that they attempted to deliver the package at approximately 11:43 AM on 3/3/15 and a notice was left in the mail box. The recipient checked the mail box at 4:15 PM on 3/3/15, and there was no notice! Attempted to call the Post Office responsible on their listed number 340-773-1505, which I have used before, and the number is no longer operational! We tried to call another Post Office in the area to ask if they had another number for that Post Office and to my horror, they answered the phone: "hold on please", then put me on hold. No 'Hello'! No 'Thank You for Calling'! No US Post Office'! NOTHING! NADA! I waited on hold for 26 minutes then all I got was a disconnection!

Finally, on 3/4/15, the notice was in the mail box and the recipient was able to collect the package from the Post Office.

I can only speak of my experience regarding the deliver practices from the Post Office in Christiansted because they are the ones handling my packages or mail to my mail destination. It has been their practice to post in the tracking that a notice was left, up to two days before the actual notice is in the mail box. How can you conceivably put such erroneous information on the tracing information even before the postal carrier has made the rounds and returned to the Post Office? As I have stated before, I have sent many Priority Mail packages to this destination and I CAN speak of the occurring experience. As to the call to the other Post Office, clearly, their needs to be more intensive training for all postal personnel on the island. Furthermore, how can you have a post office without a working telephone? As of this morning, the number is still not operational! The last time I checked this is the UNITED STATES POST OFFICE!

Now for the second part of the complaint!

The second package: tracking number: 9505 5111 3274 5057 6090 36. Left Hollywood on the same day 2/26/15 at 6:12 PM and went to the Miami (passed Opa Locka) sorting facility on 2/28 at 8:59 AM (what happened to 2/27/15?), then back to the Opa Locka sorting facility on 2/28/15 at 8:01 PM, then to Jacksonville sorting facility on 3/1/15 at 2:20 AM where it arrived at 6:55 PM. JACKSONVILLE! Why on God's Green Earth did my package go to JACKSONVILLE???? No one can give me an acceptable answer! Case # CA121972067.

The last entry made on this package is 3/2/15 at 4:06 AM stating that it left the USPS facility there. Today is 3/5/15 and there has been no additional updates and no one can tell me where my package is! This is totally unacceptable!

I paid for $41.65 Priority Mail for this package! I know that the United States Postal Service do not guarantee the 3-day deliver on Priority Mail, but 8 DAYS? Come on! This goes far and beyond what a customer should expect! I could have saved money and sent the packing by regular package post and it probably would have gotten there already!

If this is not waste, I don't know what is! JACKSONVILLE is NOT the shortest most cost-effective route to Pueto Rico! Not to mention the scenic tour my package has taken since it left Hollywood on 2/26/15 Somebody is not doing their job or cannot read! WASTE! WASTE! WASTE! Waste of my time and money! Waste of the Postal Service's fuel, money and time! I could have bought a plane ticket and taken it myself for less than what this has cost overall.

From now on, unless it is an emergency, I will be sending all my packages to St. Croix via cargo. It will get there faster! If I'm sending it on the mainland, I will use UPS. In the interim, I would like to know what happened to my package! Please do not tell me to call Customer Service --- they are as much in the dark as I am.

I have always supported and rooted for you guys, but unless you step up your game on training, on time delivery and accuracy, I will have to use other means for my packages.

Thank You.

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   1 month 2 weeks ago

Fuel prices won't drop, for a while oil companies are storing crude to keep prices higher at the pump. This allows them to keep pumping the more expensive shale from North Dakota and Canada. When their storage facilities in Cushing Oklahoma fills up, expect to see fuel prices go down

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 2 weeks ago

I recently dropped off 5 USPS first-class packages with pre-printed labels on Feb. 13, 2015 at Grand Lakes Postal, in Katy, TX. They were picked up by the USPS that afternoon. There was no tracking on any of the 5 packages for 12 days at which time they showed up at the North Houston post office...2 of the packages still have not arrived 17 days later. In the meantime, my buyers have complained to PayPal saying that I did not ship the items and PP has refunded them MY money. I am now out my money and my item to the tune of several hundred dollars. Packages continue to disappear at the Katy Park Row and North Houston post offices for up to several weeks before shipping out...THAT is fraud, waste and abuse!

The OIG told me my case did not fall under their jurisdiction!!! Really, you don't call that fraud???

Here is the tracking number of one of my packages that disappeared for 2 weeks and has now taken over 3 weeks to go from Houston to LA!

9400 1096 9993 8182 7188 57

There was an ABC Houston channel 13 news report on this several months ago....apparently the problem has not been fixed. Please get back to me about this and let me know how to keep this from happening on the future. I have now filed several complaints and I am talking to News Channel 13 about it.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 2 weeks ago

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence.

However, please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (732) 819-3260, so they can look further into this matter for you.