• Reply to: Undeliverable as Addressed Costs More than You Think   1 month 1 week ago

Sometimes the mistake is with the post office & not the consumer. I shipped a package First Class on June 16 & on the 18th it ended up at the wrong zip code. It was supposed to go to 44111 & got misdirected to 44113. I notice this when I checked for tracking updates & it was posted that it was
    "Undeliverable As Addressed", so I got online for phone numbers & called SEVERAL post offices in Cleveland, OH (the correct city where the package is supposed to be) & got no where. I got the number for the PO Administration office who got me in touch with Consumer Affairs. They "brought up" the image of my package when it was scanned in Cleveland at 44101. LaVonda, the nice lady at Consumer Affairs, said she could read the address clearly & has no idea why it was marked as "Undeliverable" nor where it was but she was sending, all 3 post offices involved, emails to look for it & deliver it ASAP. That was 2 days ago & I haven't heard a thing nor is there any new tracking updates.

Several? Seriously? It happens, but I guarantee you the amount of misaddressed mail is vastly higher than "several".

I think the real problem here is the hiring of city carrier associates, and rural carriers associates to replace retiring regular carriers, or to handle the expansion of routes in any given area. These CCA's and RCA's are floated around continuously from route to route. They never get to stay in one place and learn who their customers are, and they are under great pressure to deliver the mail in the most inefficient way possible, because they're always the new guy! When you had a regular carrier day in day out, & a sub who always filled in that route on your regular days off, you had people who knew the route and knew their customers. A lot of mail is being handled as undeliverable as addressed because these carriers are unable to complete their route and have no idea what to do with the mail they have left at the end of the day, if they come back to their station with mail they couldn't get delivered they'll get fired. So when you're scared and overwhelmed, you get rid of that mail in the only way you can short of dumping it in the dumpster.

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   1 month 1 week ago

Absolutely! As someone who lives in an apartment and moves around a lot, I can't tell you how often I'm loosing important mail like driver's licenses, bank statements, voter registrations, car registrations, rental property bills, etc... because I forgot to update the mailing address. This feature would be amazing for people that rent (primarily lower income) because they could finally have a consistent mailing address of record and know that they will receive their proper mail.

For all those bringing up the issue of jobs, I can't figure out how there would be any impact? If anything, this would create more jobs as there will be support, programming and possibly even additional carriers required to facilitate such a service.

Haha, what a joke. You have the nerve to say mail gets undelivered because of an incorrect address. What about the number of times mail doesn't get delivered to valid addresses, that are marked clearly and completely on mail? My company has had several items like that returned to us as "undeliverable, no forwarding address, unable to forward" only to contact the customer and have them say "yep, I still live there, haven't moved, address hasn't changed". Then we have to spend more money to mail the item again, when it should have been adequately delivered the first time around. Clean up your act, USPS. You've got way too many lazy, incompetent fools working for you.

Mail is also undeliverable today because of 'fraud of hi-tech criminals and corruption of victims of Identity theft nationwide'.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 2 weeks ago

I did not receive my package on June.19th 2015 at 8:30am and I still have not received it I don't understand what happened I called it in stating to my post office in saint Paul mn on rice street that I did not receive it and then the man that answers the phone told me that I should wait because he looked and my post man was not around my address are street yet and my zip code is 55130 and I said OK so one hour later at 1:00pm I called back and he said will let me get your information your name and number so I can talk to your post man and see what happened and he would call me back and he never called back what was in the package was a black purse and it was a hand bag also have where you can wear it on your shoulder and gold on the straps that click onto the purse for you to wear on your shoulder and no I still have not received my purse yet its medium to big black purse thanks.

• Reply to: Passing up Passport Revenue?   1 month 2 weeks ago

Two days trying to make an apointment for a passport with out any luck. What is going on with this service?
    ÷_=_=&=£×%$%%!!!

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 2 weeks ago

I believe the decision has been made but I just would like to go on record stating that Saturday mail delivery is stupid.

Only priority mail express mail and special deliveryshould be available for Saturday delivery this should be a blanket policy for both residential and commercial

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 2 weeks ago

You need to call your local post office and ask for the number to the local POOM or District manager. Call them to complain

• Reply to: Postal Service Customer Service Is It Working for You?   1 month 2 weeks ago

If you have mail to be picked up and your flag is up the postal carrier is required to stop and get it if it is a curbside box. If it is a house box then only if they have mail to deliver are they required to pick up the mail.
    If a package does not fit in the mailbox, then the mail carrier is required to attempt delivery to the door and leave the package if no response in 30 seconds.

• Reply to: Postcodes and Geocodes – Changing the Address System?   1 month 2 weeks ago

Geocodes could present a new revenue stream, however. since most of the internet is powered by geo. Geo is really a companion to the addressing system, not a replacement

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 2 weeks ago

I had ordered many packages before and had no issues with getting them to the address. I had received notification that the most recent package had been delivered yet it was not in my mailbox or my door. I have called multiple times and keep getting told that the clerk is checking with the carrier and I will get a call back yet I have not after 4 hours. They say it was mailed to the address but since I live on the south road it may have been mailed to the north side since there is a 'new' development. We moved to our home in March and the 'new' development was a few months old before that. If the person they took it to will not give it back or they have permanently lost it I want a refund or the person to be prosecuted for withholding my mail! I am so upset I would rather just never get mail again.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I had a very important Certified Letter where I need the number to stay the same -- and the postal worker told me that the kiosk would issue a new number, making the contents of my letter invalid with a different number. I later figured out that it is not true and I can just add a tracking number in addition to the certified parcel number.

• Reply to: No More Day of Rest for Postal Package Delivery   1 month 3 weeks ago

Good afternoon. I don't like that post office at all they are too slow and some of the time they only have one window open when you got a line out buy the door and pasting. But it's sad that they don't do there job at all. And the manager that they have in there he just don't care about it at all something need to be done about that post office . I'm not getting my mail at all because I been looking for my mail ever since two week a go and I still haven't received it they need better people in that post office. And they need better manage

Only time I ever use the clerk is for international since that option isn't available at the kiosk. Although I don't really do that anymore either since I can post international online and give to my mailman at home.

• Reply to: Do you agree with the Postal Service’s decision to change the name of Express Mail and rename Parcel Post?   1 month 3 weeks ago

the name "priority express mail" on boxes etc is confusing people with 'priority mail'. In mixing the two terms "priority' and "express' it leads to confusing. I just had to pay $34 extra to receive a package that was sent "priority' mail, but, packaged in a "priority express mail" box. The originator sent it "priority mail" but, in order to receive it, I had to pay the "express mail' price because it was in a "priority express mail" box, not a "priority mail" box. This is highly confusing. Please take the word "priority" off of all marketing and boxes for "express mail".

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   1 month 3 weeks ago

There is a large amount of theft taking place at ISC New York, particularly of inbound registered and other trackable/accountable mail coming from overseas. I have had about a dozen such items disappear in the past 5-6 years. A Google search will bring up any number of results.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 3 weeks ago

Hello Stefani,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this matter.

Please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (513) 684-5794, so they can look further into this matter for you.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 3 weeks ago

My mail carrier stopped delivering my mail after I filed a complaint, it was done strictly in retaliation because of his poor service and the post office which is located on Wessel drive in Fairfield, OH doesn't care. Are these the standards of USPS to retaliate by not delivering my mail after a complaint? If so, someone should investigate this matter because I'm going to put it out there on social media and find out how many others have gone through this in the hopes that something might be done since the local post office on Wessel drive in Fairfield, OH does NOT care!!!!

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I have not been able to find anywhere on your site if it is LEGAL for a post office to HOLD mail from the box at the post office claiming it was "too full for mail"? Yet for THREE WEEKS my mailbox was EMPTY? Each time I visited the post office I would ask if they had any mail turned in that was put in the wrong box? No, I was told if it was addressed to your box it would be there. Week 2 I am STILL asking is there any reason why I have no mail in my box? No one knew again! I called all of my creditors and mail contacts to see if they MAILED anything to me... they all said they did. Week 3 I have a blank yellow card in my mailbox, I take it to the clerk and they tell me it was put in my box by mistake? Three weeks now I have an EMPTY box. Week 4 I asked the post master and she plops a large box filled with 60+ pieces of mail and says it has been held because there was no room in your box??? Now, HOW was my box EMPTY for three weeks if there was no room in it? Never was I notified of any of this, EVER? I had three different accounts I had to pay late fees on because I did not have the statements OR the due dates??? What can I do, and shouldn't there be SOME regulations on this? I have had this box at the post office for 26 years! I have never seen such disregard for mail delivery in my life!

• Reply to: Who We Are and What We Do   1 month 3 weeks ago

Can you please audit this postal office located at 5505 E Santa Ana Canyon Rd, Anaheim Ca 92817...they don't answer their phone (714)921-2304, their self service Kiosks is full last time I used, and their customer service is very poor.

• Reply to: A Package of Opportunity   1 month 3 weeks ago

This examples is exactly why our company quit using this incompetent government organization and went with UPS and FedEx. We ship on an order of 300 packages a day and we require some small resemblance of professionalism and competence in our carrier. Before we switched to UPS and FedEx it was an every day hassle chasing down packages that this incompetent government organization had either lost or stolen. it was costing us time and a lot of money. If they weren't a government organization did have the whole crowd in jail.

• Reply to: Passing up Passport Revenue?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Here is why there is such a huge decline in revenue from dealing with the post office for passports. I went to my local passport office at the post office to apply for my passport. The problem I ran into was the State Department said that my letter photo was not regulation size. This was after asking the lady at the post office twice if it was okay. It should have never been sent if the size was not correct. After resending the photo through express mail it was lost by the State Department. I called and they said that they had not idea where it was. This is after telling them who signed for it.

While trying to inquire about the status I was directed to the web site which did not work. This was after hearing several messages from the State Department message on the phone about how you should use the web site to save time. The whole system is broken. We as tax paying citizens need to privatize the whole operation of how we procure and apply for passports. I asked who I could speak to about this and I was told know one.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 3 weeks ago

I see that there have been some responses to other complaints and am hopeful I might get a reply. After filing numerous online complaints and hearing nothing back, I'm looking for next steps.

Our carrier is inconsistent and negligent, regularly failing to deliver mail. Hardly a week passes without at least one day of missed mail. Worse, we frequently get mail for other addresses (and not just next door) meaning that it's highly likely that our mail is also going to the wrong mailbox on many occasions.

There are many days when our carrier simply doesn't come to the area at all- this is simple observation.

Finally, we have had tracked packages that end up being delivered well past the date determine by the shipment tracking, again because the carrier chooses not to come.

I've tried the online form, social media, and other avenues, but the complaints always seem to dead end and I've never gotten so much as a phone call or email in response.

It would nice to know that someone in the agency cares about service and/ or customer satisfaction.