• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   1 week 1 day ago

I don't know where to get help. I get the run around when I use the 1-800 number.

I'm trying to find out what happened to a package from the us to Australia. shipping number LZ320521499US it arrived in LA in 12/12/14 and tracking stated it left 41 days later 1/29/15. (41 days seems a little excessive) Australia has no record of the number being transferred to them. Is there anyway to see what truly happened to this package? Someone at the ISC I can contact myself?

• Reply to: Passing up Passport Revenue?   1 week 1 day ago

Here is a perfect example...I took my mother to get her passport today. We walked in to an empty post office in Madison WI that accepts passports. We had a fully completed application, and picture on hand. The lady at the counter said there was nothing she could do to help us without an appointment...when I asked why not accept the paperwork (all she had to do was mail it), she stated "this is what we are trained to do". So the post office trains their workers to turn away business when they are sitting on their butts? THAT is BAD BUSINESS!

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 week 1 day ago

Hello Frank,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence and we apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced.

The role of the USPS Office of Inspector General is to investigate waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS). Unfortunately, this issue falls outside of the jurisdiction of this office.

However, please contact the Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at 1-800-275-8777, so they can look further into this matter for you.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 week 2 days ago

Dear General Inspector

The USPS website shows that it takes between 6 to 10 days for the recipient to receive an international package from the U.S. (Priority Mail International). I paid insurance and mailed my flat rate box on March 7, 2015. As of today, March 19, 2015 (after 12 days) my flat rate box is still in the U.S. Why is still in the U.S.? Tracking number # CW918326400US. Please help!!!!!!

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   1 week 3 days ago

It should have been done long ago when mobile devices started. I have kept my phone number for years everywhere I moved why not a virtual address also.

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   1 week 4 days ago

i agree with you its very painful and frustrating to order overseas cause it takes forever for mail to go through customs.call there 1800 line usps acts like its not their problem and its a shame.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 week 4 days ago

Dear General Inspector,

I mailed a flat rate box overseas on March 7th and I wonder why my package is still in the U.S. (Oakland, CA was the last scan). Here is the tracking number CW918326400US.

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   1 week 4 days ago

I like the NEW city van that GM is coming out with looks like about the same size as the Grumman and I think it comes with the 4 cylinder engine so it SHOULD have good fuel economy just a suggestion

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   1 week 5 days ago

m from saudi arabia..I got one parcel was returned to sender due to some typo error on the building number...and I requested for the redelivery ..they usps scheduled.on the 2nd of march but until now I havent received the item...I.send a lot on the emails on.the customer service but until now answer from them..And As.of this.moment I dont know whereabout if my parcel....please.help.me

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 week 5 days ago

The kiosk offers little to no variety of stamp images.
    I cannot buy a single domestic post card stamp from the kiosk.
    If I need to purchase a stamp for a heavy domestic letter, but it costs less than a dollar, the kiosk only offers to climb the purchase into the $1+ qualifier with duplicate purchases rather than a quantity of forever stamps.
    The kiosk cannot help me with all me international shipping needs.
    The kiosk occasionally has trouble explaining what it offers in detail, leaving me to worry that I will spend my money on something I can't or don't know how to use.

The only situations I trust the kiosk for are domestic items I just need postage for and nothing else. Such situations are extremely handy in the middle of the night!

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   1 week 5 days ago

Implementing an extensive online virtual PO box would be difficult and could have liability depending on the type of mail being scanned. If someone simply wants a virtual PO box to protect their home identy, their local postoffice could simply include that mail in the home delivery. It is a software routing or sorting at the local postoffice. This would have a minimal impact and could be implemented quickly. This method would eliminate fraudulent shipments as it is effectively renaming a verifyable physical address. If the price point was significantly less then a physical PO box many people would jump on this immediately. This will generate revenue for the postal service by using the same system with minimal change allows for the possibility of several virtual boxes going to the same address at a multiple cost.

• Reply to: Passing up Passport Revenue?   1 week 5 days ago

I think the recent decline in passport revenue is solely due to low productivity by USPS employees. In 2007 my son and I walked into our local post office completed the application, provided the necessary documentation, had our pictures taken, made payment and our passports arrived by mail shortly there after. Today, to get a passport you are required to call and make an appointment. Good luck with that. After calling, and calling and calling, I never could get anyone to answer the phone at both of my local USPS offices. I finally called an office out of the area, they answered the phone and then told me that I would have to wait two weeks to call back just to make an appointment. If the staffing and productivity haven't changed, why can't they answer the phones? Why the waits to make appointments? Why the long wait times for appointments? I suspect the employees don't care about revenue and may prefer that citizens pay the ridiculous fees to third parties to get their passports. These third parties probably employee retired USPS employees. This whole process is a broken mess.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   1 week 5 days ago

It is March 2015. The USPS itself told me with all the kindness in the world that 1st Class Parcel Post simply does not give a hoot in outer space. They'll get your package to you, yeah, right, whenever the lazy bones decides to throw it into a delivery truck. IF he decides to put it in--and then you can depend on it being stuck at your nearest major sorting hub for nearly a week. But I think we need to look at a couple of things: 1) Lazy senders who want to pay 50 cents and expect three-day delivery. 2) Idiots (cheapskates) who forgot Priority thus sending it spiraling down the john. 3) People who still think the letter carriers read and hand-sort every piece of mail on the route when they barely know where they are and mail is pre-sorted before they get in to work. 4) Anyone ever heard of UPS? They don't break or lose stuff any more often than USPS.

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   1 week 6 days ago

Just from the comments above and the experiences I have had in the past year with International packages that did not track from my post office until suddenly, almost a month later, they start tracking, but in the acceptance country, I can promise you, the behemoth quasi Government agency, USPS, doesn't care a whit about and individual or their lost package. Look at those silly response letters above. They do absolutely nothing to offer help. This is why FedEx, UPS, DHL and other private courier services arte doing so well and the USPS is bleeding from every pore. The only advantage they have is price, which in most cases is less expensive than the private services. But if you look at service, sometimes the lure of low prices are a sirens song.
    From my experience, the USPS handles domestic mail pretty well, but I'm not impressed with their handling of International parcels.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 weeks 10 hours ago

I am so mad! We were gone 3-9-15 to 3-13-15 and had our mail put on hold. We filled out a card and on it were instructions that we would pick up the mail on 3-14-15. I go to pick it up, wait in line only to be told that it wasn't there. Then she asked if we called ahead to let them know when we were picking it up. I looked at her so dumb founded, and said no, we filled out a card. So she asked if I would like her to call the other post office that is conjunction with this one. I said yes please, she said no the mail is not there and that it must be being delivered with todays mail. So I go home and wait for todays mail only to receive just that days mail. It's Saturday and I don't have any mail that was suppose to be on hold. WHERE IS MY MAIL???? Now I have to wait until Monday to try and track down our mail. We always have mail every day!! 5 days worth of mail and no one knows where it is!!! What a bunch of BS! I am going to guess that the girl behind the counter didn't look in the right place or somebody stole our mail at the post office or someone delivered it to the wrong address!!! WHERE IS MY MAIL???? VERY, VERY MAD!!!!!!! What is the point of holding mail if you can't pick it up!! Someone is not doing there job right!!!! Patt

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   2 weeks 11 hours ago

I live in Burbank, CA. I have used or tried to use the USPS kiosks in each of the three USPS stations in Burbank. Every kiosk has been unable to help me in recent months because the card ( credit / debit) reader rejects my cards. I regularly use my cards in restaurants, bars, retail stores, ATMs, car washes, parking meters and garages, markets and service stations, but these same cards have been repeatedly rejected by the USPS kiosks. EVEN WHEN THE SAME CARDS ARE ACCEPTED BY THE CARD SWIPING DEVICES AT THE USPS SERVICE WINDOWS.

If the USPS is unable or unwilling to provide kiosks that operate properly or to maintain the kiosks as required, then the kiosks are a waste of tax funding, and the USPS should remove the machines from the post office stations.

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   2 weeks 1 day ago

As a rural letter carrier, I believe the next generation of LLV should be able to switch from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive. In addition, it should be able to handle the large capacity of mail as well as parcels during the Holiday rush and the every day parcel volume. A better heating / cooling system needs to be incorporated into the vehicle as well. Other features I'd like to see included are: airbags, better widow defrosters, maybe a small lighting system for potential night deliveries, maybe a radio. As far as shape and body design, it needs to be bigger and roomier to walk in the back and have shelves for mail and parcels.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 weeks 1 day ago

1. I sent my son a package to Italy the week before Christmas, 2014.
    2. The package was listed as undeliverable, so I requested the package be returned.
    3. The package was sent back to the U.S. the last week of January, 2015.
    4. The package arrived in New York customs, was then sent to Chicago.
    5. Chicago sent it back to New York, and New York sent it back to Italy.
    6. It then was sent back to New York , AGAIN.
    7. New York sent it to Miami.
    8. Miami sent it back to Italy, AGAIN!!!!!
    I JUST WANT MY PACKAGE BACK.............................

I have called the 800-ASK-USPS as many times as I could without going crazy, with no resolve. They tell me they have no one that can put their hands on my package, I just have to wait until someone notices that they have screwed up royally and sent my package back to Italy instead of reading what the box says to do! My package has made the trip to Italy three times now, which I am sure has cost the USPS money to fly the plane to get it where it’s “not supposed to be”.

I have been told that I cannot file a claim until my case is closed, but they refuse to close my case until the package can no longer be tracked. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS? IS THERE A DEPARTMENT THAT CARES ENOUGH TO CARE? IS THERE SOMEONE THAT CAN ACTUALLY SAY THEY HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO PUT THEIR HANDS ON THE PACKAGE AND GET IT BACK TO ME?

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 weeks 1 day ago

Why is it when you have issues with the postal service you call thier 1800 number for help and the system takes 10 minutes or more then it hangs up on you when all you realy want to do is talk to someone whos alive and breathing but the dam stupid computer system wont let you no matter what selection you chose no wonder the usps is being phased out even the computer system is a stupid piece of shit

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 weeks 1 day ago

Hello Charlene,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence and we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

However, please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (404) 765-7702 , so they can look further into this matter for you.

As well, if you still would like to file a complaint with our offices, you can do so on our hotline at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form and we can forward your issue to the appropriate department.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 weeks 3 days ago

Customer Service Issue. I entered the Post Office located on 2385 Godby Road, College Park Georgia at approximately 1:49p.m., today to retrieve a certified parcel, and as I stood in this long line and finally made my way up to the counter, a postal employee named Ms. TYLER then informed me that I had to get in another line for parcel pickup. I then stated to her that why wasn't there wasn't a sign posted informing customers of this and she "looked at me and gave me a hard stare" and proceed to say "DON'T YOU SEE THAT LADY" (a couple of rows down,) and she was yelling at this point, and then she smirk at me.

I proceeded to ask for a supervisor (named "JAMES BILL" - that's exactly the information she gave me). After "JAMES BILL" and I conversed a little about it, i.e., the postal employee's "RUDE" attitude and especially the lack of a sign notifying incoming customer (through a visual display) that there was "a specific line" for certified/parcels pick ups, he causally shrugged his shoulders as if he really didn't care and that I was bothering him.

I then informed him that I would be filing this complaint. Still he was unaffected by the whole process and offered no real reason why his staff was "yelling at me" or that they failed to have a sign up.

My points are simple in that HEREIN is a clear portrayal of unprofessional/rude behavior by BOTH USPS employees towards a local customer and where no "REAL" effort was made to remedy a possible solution, i.e., neither an apology or a sign that says " FOR CERTIFIED/PARCEL PICK UPS ONLY!" This definitely would of prevented me from standing in a long line for "nothing", just to be told that I needed to go to another long line and wait again!

0 points for professionalism and customer service!

Thank you.

Charlene

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   2 weeks 4 days ago

I would like to know if there are any regulations about the amount of space that is required around a mailbox in a residential area where there is curbside delivery. We have lived here for over 24 years and have never had any problems until now. This mailman we have had for somewhere between 2 -3 Years keeps slapping on stickers that say "Please keep the approach to the mailbox clear at all times or we will be unable to deliver your mail".
    We leave approximately 20 feet from where are car is parked on one side of the mailbox. On the other side of our mailbox there is about 15 feet from where an occasional guest will park.
    At no time is there EVER a car blocking the mailbox and yet we get these occasional stickers. We got one today (while I was in the front yard maybe 20 feet away! ) and I headed straight to the main post office here in Chapel Hill,NC. I asked if there were any regulations about the appropriate distance from the mailbox. I was told there are NONE except not to BLOCK it. Why does this postman keep harassing us? I feel bullied. I'd like to be sure that I got accurate information concerning the space around my mailbox. Can anyone verify that information for us?

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   2 weeks 4 days ago

This would be so useful. I move a lot (four times in three years) and there's inevitably someone who I forget to give my new address. This would be way easier!

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   2 weeks 5 days ago

gas prices

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   2 weeks 6 days ago

usps continues to cut services and raise prices. What company has ever used that model to rebuild a brand?