• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 weeks 3 days ago

1. I sent my son a package to Italy the week before Christmas, 2014.
    2. The package was listed as undeliverable, so I requested the package be returned.
    3. The package was sent back to the U.S. the last week of January, 2015.
    4. The package arrived in New York customs, was then sent to Chicago.
    5. Chicago sent it back to New York, and New York sent it back to Italy.
    6. It then was sent back to New York , AGAIN.
    7. New York sent it to Miami.
    8. Miami sent it back to Italy, AGAIN!!!!!
    I JUST WANT MY PACKAGE BACK.............................

I have called the 800-ASK-USPS as many times as I could without going crazy, with no resolve. They tell me they have no one that can put their hands on my package, I just have to wait until someone notices that they have screwed up royally and sent my package back to Italy instead of reading what the box says to do! My package has made the trip to Italy three times now, which I am sure has cost the USPS money to fly the plane to get it where it’s “not supposed to be”.

I have been told that I cannot file a claim until my case is closed, but they refuse to close my case until the package can no longer be tracked. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS? IS THERE A DEPARTMENT THAT CARES ENOUGH TO CARE? IS THERE SOMEONE THAT CAN ACTUALLY SAY THEY HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO PUT THEIR HANDS ON THE PACKAGE AND GET IT BACK TO ME?

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 weeks 3 days ago

Why is it when you have issues with the postal service you call thier 1800 number for help and the system takes 10 minutes or more then it hangs up on you when all you realy want to do is talk to someone whos alive and breathing but the dam stupid computer system wont let you no matter what selection you chose no wonder the usps is being phased out even the computer system is a stupid piece of shit

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 weeks 4 days ago

Hello Charlene,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence and we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

The role of the USPS Office of Inspector General is to investigate waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS). Unfortunately, this issue falls outside of the jurisdiction of this office.

However, please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (404) 765-7702 , so they can look further into this matter for you.

As well, if you still would like to file a complaint with our offices, you can do so on our hotline at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form and we can forward your issue to the appropriate department.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 weeks 5 days ago

Customer Service Issue. I entered the Post Office located on 2385 Godby Road, College Park Georgia at approximately 1:49p.m., today to retrieve a certified parcel, and as I stood in this long line and finally made my way up to the counter, a postal employee named Ms. TYLER then informed me that I had to get in another line for parcel pickup. I then stated to her that why wasn't there wasn't a sign posted informing customers of this and she "looked at me and gave me a hard stare" and proceed to say "DON'T YOU SEE THAT LADY" (a couple of rows down,) and she was yelling at this point, and then she smirk at me.

I proceeded to ask for a supervisor (named "JAMES BILL" - that's exactly the information she gave me). After "JAMES BILL" and I conversed a little about it, i.e., the postal employee's "RUDE" attitude and especially the lack of a sign notifying incoming customer (through a visual display) that there was "a specific line" for certified/parcels pick ups, he causally shrugged his shoulders as if he really didn't care and that I was bothering him.

I then informed him that I would be filing this complaint. Still he was unaffected by the whole process and offered no real reason why his staff was "yelling at me" or that they failed to have a sign up.

My points are simple in that HEREIN is a clear portrayal of unprofessional/rude behavior by BOTH USPS employees towards a local customer and where no "REAL" effort was made to remedy a possible solution, i.e., neither an apology or a sign that says " FOR CERTIFIED/PARCEL PICK UPS ONLY!" This definitely would of prevented me from standing in a long line for "nothing", just to be told that I needed to go to another long line and wait again!

0 points for professionalism and customer service!

Thank you.

Charlene

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   2 weeks 6 days ago

I would like to know if there are any regulations about the amount of space that is required around a mailbox in a residential area where there is curbside delivery. We have lived here for over 24 years and have never had any problems until now. This mailman we have had for somewhere between 2 -3 Years keeps slapping on stickers that say "Please keep the approach to the mailbox clear at all times or we will be unable to deliver your mail".
    We leave approximately 20 feet from where are car is parked on one side of the mailbox. On the other side of our mailbox there is about 15 feet from where an occasional guest will park.
    At no time is there EVER a car blocking the mailbox and yet we get these occasional stickers. We got one today (while I was in the front yard maybe 20 feet away! ) and I headed straight to the main post office here in Chapel Hill,NC. I asked if there were any regulations about the appropriate distance from the mailbox. I was told there are NONE except not to BLOCK it. Why does this postman keep harassing us? I feel bullied. I'd like to be sure that I got accurate information concerning the space around my mailbox. Can anyone verify that information for us?

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   2 weeks 6 days ago

This would be so useful. I move a lot (four times in three years) and there's inevitably someone who I forget to give my new address. This would be way easier!

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   3 weeks 23 hours ago

gas prices

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   3 weeks 2 days ago

usps continues to cut services and raise prices. What company has ever used that model to rebuild a brand?

• Reply to: Do you agree with the Postal Service’s decision to change the name of Express Mail and rename Parcel Post?   3 weeks 2 days ago

You have a problem with delivery a service on a consistent basis. You have closed the airport express mail facility. You no longer guarantee express mail until delivered to the post office very early in the day.

Now, you want to add another area of confusion to a area which you are having problems with a product. Last thing you want to do unless the name clarifies the service you are delivering. Priorlty Mail express sounds like Priority mail. Express mail clearly states the name of the product. My opinion, very bad decision to rename a product which only needs to be improved by being able to accept & guarantee the mail when deliveried later to the post-office. Fedex allow drop-offs as late at 10:15pm for delivery the following day. NOT THE POST OFFICE!! I'm not sure what the hours are now regarding next day delivery.

Douglas Satcher

• Reply to: Calling All Revenue-Generation Ideas   3 weeks 2 days ago

If I have an idea that can generate billions does the person with the idea get a cut. Lets say 1 cent per sale?

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   3 weeks 2 days ago

The South Lake Tahoe area has terrible delivery sorters. My route is the 12th St area and the Mail is delivered to the wrong addresses almost every day ! I have packages delivered to other addresses almost every time! I follow tracking and it will say delivered but not to me. I've had money lost and have had neighbors bring my mail all the time. I've filed complaints to no avail ! When ever I can I ask to have packages shipped by UPS ! The only people that are worse then the USPS here is the weatherman !

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   3 weeks 2 days ago

But you're not required to stop at every house. Nice try, though. Funny, mailmen before never had this problem, and got paid less. Go figure

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   3 weeks 3 days ago

If the line is long I will use the self-service kiosk. However, there is no option for "media mail" rates at these kiosks. This option would be very much appreciated.

Also, during regular post office hours, there is no place to put kiosk-stamped parcels that will not fit in the bin provided.

The clerks are helpful at the LeFleur Station in Jackson, MS. They will get someone to help you bring in heavy boxes or they will help you themselves.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   3 weeks 3 days ago

Hello Loi,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence and we apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced.

Unfortunately, this issue falls outside of the jurisdiction of this office. The two best options in a situation such as this would be to:

1) Contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office, whose jurisdiction this issue falls under, at (305) 470-0890 or (305) 470-0801 so they can look further into this matter for you.

or

2) File a complaint with our offices at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form and we can try to forward your issue to the appropriate department.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   3 weeks 4 days ago

Hello Joyce,

However, please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (858) 674-2670, so they can look further into this matter for you.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   3 weeks 4 days ago

A post office in 6401 el cajon in san diego never delivered my mail containing a check. When I called inquiring about whether it was in transit, I was told they attempted to deliver it but the tracking information online still says in transit. There was no slip indicating they attempted to deliver, when I mentioned this to the person on the phone I was told to 'stop being lazy and pick up my certified mail'. This is totally inappropriate and overall rude. When I went to the post office to pick it up the same day, none of the post office workers would tell me who their manager was. Very inefficient and unprofessional. So disappointing.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   3 weeks 5 days ago

Dear Post Master General,

My complaint is two-folds. On 2/26/15, I mailed two packages (both to the same person) via Priority Mail to Christiansted, St. Croix, 00820 (US Virgin Islands). One package went from Hollywood, Florida (receiving Post Office) to the Opa Locka, Florida, sorting facility, next, on to Pueto Rico, then on to Christiansted, St. Croix. I know that this is the normal route for my packages going to St. Croix as I have mailed many items to this destination over the past six years --- sometimes several in a month.

However, on this occasion, according to the tracking entries, the package supposedly left Pueto Rico on 3/1/15 at 2:44 AM and no entry was made to indicate it's arrival at the destination Post Office in Christiansted until 3/3/15. Might I add, it is only a 35 minute plane ride from Pueto Rico to St. Croix --- 40 minutes at best. No accounting for the missing two days!

The next entry stated that they attempted to deliver the package at approximately 11:43 AM on 3/3/15 and a notice was left in the mail box. The recipient checked the mail box at 4:15 PM on 3/3/15, and there was no notice! Attempted to call the Post Office responsible on their listed number 340-773-1505, which I have used before, and the number is no longer operational! We tried to call another Post Office in the area to ask if they had another number for that Post Office and to my horror, they answered the phone: "hold on please", then put me on hold. No 'Hello'! No 'Thank You for Calling'! No US Post Office'! NOTHING! NADA! I waited on hold for 26 minutes then all I got was a disconnection!

Finally, on 3/4/15, the notice was in the mail box and the recipient was able to collect the package from the Post Office.

I can only speak of my experience regarding the deliver practices from the Post Office in Christiansted because they are the ones handling my packages or mail to my mail destination. It has been their practice to post in the tracking that a notice was left, up to two days before the actual notice is in the mail box. How can you conceivably put such erroneous information on the tracing information even before the postal carrier has made the rounds and returned to the Post Office? As I have stated before, I have sent many Priority Mail packages to this destination and I CAN speak of the occurring experience. As to the call to the other Post Office, clearly, their needs to be more intensive training for all postal personnel on the island. Furthermore, how can you have a post office without a working telephone? As of this morning, the number is still not operational! The last time I checked this is the UNITED STATES POST OFFICE!

Now for the second part of the complaint!

The second package: tracking number: 9505 5111 3274 5057 6090 36. Left Hollywood on the same day 2/26/15 at 6:12 PM and went to the Miami (passed Opa Locka) sorting facility on 2/28 at 8:59 AM (what happened to 2/27/15?), then back to the Opa Locka sorting facility on 2/28/15 at 8:01 PM, then to Jacksonville sorting facility on 3/1/15 at 2:20 AM where it arrived at 6:55 PM. JACKSONVILLE! Why on God's Green Earth did my package go to JACKSONVILLE???? No one can give me an acceptable answer! Case # CA121972067.

The last entry made on this package is 3/2/15 at 4:06 AM stating that it left the USPS facility there. Today is 3/5/15 and there has been no additional updates and no one can tell me where my package is! This is totally unacceptable!

I paid for $41.65 Priority Mail for this package! I know that the United States Postal Service do not guarantee the 3-day deliver on Priority Mail, but 8 DAYS? Come on! This goes far and beyond what a customer should expect! I could have saved money and sent the packing by regular package post and it probably would have gotten there already!

If this is not waste, I don't know what is! JACKSONVILLE is NOT the shortest most cost-effective route to Pueto Rico! Not to mention the scenic tour my package has taken since it left Hollywood on 2/26/15 Somebody is not doing their job or cannot read! WASTE! WASTE! WASTE! Waste of my time and money! Waste of the Postal Service's fuel, money and time! I could have bought a plane ticket and taken it myself for less than what this has cost overall.

From now on, unless it is an emergency, I will be sending all my packages to St. Croix via cargo. It will get there faster! If I'm sending it on the mainland, I will use UPS. In the interim, I would like to know what happened to my package! Please do not tell me to call Customer Service --- they are as much in the dark as I am.

I have always supported and rooted for you guys, but unless you step up your game on training, on time delivery and accuracy, I will have to use other means for my packages.

Thank You.

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   3 weeks 5 days ago

Fuel prices won't drop, for a while oil companies are storing crude to keep prices higher at the pump. This allows them to keep pumping the more expensive shale from North Dakota and Canada. When their storage facilities in Cushing Oklahoma fills up, expect to see fuel prices go down

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   3 weeks 5 days ago

I recently dropped off 5 USPS first-class packages with pre-printed labels on Feb. 13, 2015 at Grand Lakes Postal, in Katy, TX. They were picked up by the USPS that afternoon. There was no tracking on any of the 5 packages for 12 days at which time they showed up at the North Houston post office...2 of the packages still have not arrived 17 days later. In the meantime, my buyers have complained to PayPal saying that I did not ship the items and PP has refunded them MY money. I am now out my money and my item to the tune of several hundred dollars. Packages continue to disappear at the Katy Park Row and North Houston post offices for up to several weeks before shipping out...THAT is fraud, waste and abuse!

The OIG told me my case did not fall under their jurisdiction!!! Really, you don't call that fraud???

Here is the tracking number of one of my packages that disappeared for 2 weeks and has now taken over 3 weeks to go from Houston to LA!

9400 1096 9993 8182 7188 57

There was an ABC Houston channel 13 news report on this several months ago....apparently the problem has not been fixed. Please get back to me about this and let me know how to keep this from happening on the future. I have now filed several complaints and I am talking to News Channel 13 about it.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   3 weeks 5 days ago

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence.

However, please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (732) 819-3260, so they can look further into this matter for you.

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   3 weeks 6 days ago

First we are required to shut it off at every stop and as for walking some routes that would work but for my route it would be totally inefficient as /i deliver well over 100 parcels a day which would mean first i Would have to walk the letters and flats then drive up and down the street to deliver the parcels for that street since there would be no way to carry them with me. So now it takes more time to deliver the same amount of mail as I have had to cover the same area twice.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   3 weeks 6 days ago

On monday 3/2/15 there was no mail delivery at my address of 175 prospect street in East Orange, NJ 07017-2634, I was told there was a shortage of carriers and the Postmaster did not want to pay overtime, this happens periodically about several times per year. If you want us to utilize your services, we need to be able to depend on your delivery services or else I will be doing all my personal business over the internet. the deterioration of the delivery services to the poor attitudes of the window clerks shows just how far the professionalism of your organization has fallen.

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   3 weeks 6 days ago

What part of capitalism requires companies to reduce prices because of lower fuel costs? Companies are motivated by profits not fairness. The strong survive, the weak get what they deserve.

• Reply to: Stamp Vending Machines   3 weeks 6 days ago

Stamp Vending Machines are horrible.

Today not only did the machine fail to issue my stamp after putting me through the complete transaction and crediting my debit account, but when I went to the post office staff for a refund, the estimated weight by the machine was $0.65 under priced. So not only did the machine not issue my stamp, the scale was not working correctly and eventually my package would have been returned to me.. This is what happens when you try to replace machines with people. MACHINES CAN NEVER TAKE THE PLACE OF PEOPLE. THEY CAN’T THINK.

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   3 weeks 6 days ago

I appreciate that Uber has disrupted the taxi industry and injected some much-needed competition into it, which only benefits consumers. But the move to the Uber model of surge pricing in other industries is disappointing. Consumers are already squeezed in so many ways ("convenience" fees, fuel surcharges etc.), now arbitrary surge pricing can be tacked on at the supplier or provider's discretion. We hear a lot of talk about the empowered customer, but the customer doesn't hold many cards if a duopoly of providers in a particular industry or industries decide to charge the same price and apply the same new fees to their services. As a postal stakeholder, I suspect the USPS is leaving money on the table by not following suit and charging DIM weight and fuel surcharges, but as a consumer, I am thankful. Hopefully, the USPS can continue to serve as a price ceiling of sorts that UPS and FedEx have to respect or risk losing business to.