• Reply to: Network Consolidation: It Takes Two … Phases   1 month 6 days ago

I have been waiting for 10 days for a small package to be delivered from Indiana which is only 2 states away from the state where I live, Pennsylvania. After leaving Indiana, it went to Illinois and now is allegedly in route (hopefully) to me. For all I know it will go to St. Louis next, instead of East. This isn't the only package In the last 2 months that I have waited an excessive amount of time to receive. It seems to me the USPS is forcing people to pay for 3 day priority mail because regular service is so terrible!

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   1 month 6 days ago

I am very frustrated with the service I am not receiving from your worthless carriers. This is my 2nd time of having trouble with mail not getting delivered. This last time I ordered online and had it sent to my grand-daughters address. It arrived in So Ca on Mar 3rd. It was handed off from Fedex to USPS. It says it was returned to sender as the address was undeliverable. It should have been St and not Ct. The number was correct. The lazy postman dd not even attempt to deliver. The odd thing is he didn't even scan it to show he was delivering it. I have been trying all morning to contact the po but no one answers. I contacted customer service and this nice lady trying to help me asked if I got a call back from Tracy. I told her no and that's why I am calling. I would just like to know where my package is. I called the sender and they said they have not received it back I am sorry to say but you need to fire some of these worthless employees and hire some that care. Here is another reason I say that. My daughter mailed me a priority mail last Nov. It went from Denver to Prescott Valley (AZ). it got to Phoenix and was sent to Fl. Came back to AZ then back to FL. Came back to phoenix and back to FL for a 3rd time. Finally back to Phoenix and onto Prescott Valley. There are lots of people that want jobs and would take pride in their work.
    I worked for the sorting facility n Denver a Xmas time. I made every effort to get the mail to the places it was addressed to. It seems like at this time you have employees that just don't care. They are making good and if they don't care then send them o their way.

• Reply to: Network Consolidation: It Takes Two … Phases   1 month 1 week ago

During the past few months I’ve noticed a significant slowdown in package deliveries. A package sent from Westport, CT to Salt Lake City, UT now takes over two weeks and, when tracked, seems to sit at a location here or there for days on end before making it’s next leg in transit. What I don’t understand is whether the additional delays are a result in lack of manpower in sorting at a facility or lack of transport mode to move forward, i.e.:

Delivered, In/At Mailbox

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
    Apr-06-15, 14:30 PM, DENVER, CO 80217

Departed Post Office
    Mar-30-15, 17:37 PM, GREENS FARMS, CT 06838

Acceptance
    Mar-30-15, 15:00 PM, GREENS FARMS, CT 06838

If I buy a smartphone protector off the web for $1.59, which includes shipping, from a seller in China, I receive it in less than two weeks after being sent by China Mail and ultimately delivered by USPS. Does that make sense, that you can deliver something for pennies faster than something for dollars? I am overwhelmed by the excellence of service provided by USPS on little nothings from China but stunned by your inability to be as fast as what Pony Express was over 150 years ago when it comes to getting my package from CT to UT.

I use USPS for package deliveries because, on balance, less damage occurs when using USPS than FedEx Ground. I have to say that the amount of increased snail you are putting in your handling of mail makes it difficult to stay with you at the margin. I fear a mass exodus coming by the general public in using USPS package deliveries and it is due to very poor long range planning on your part.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 1 week ago

I had my most disturbing postal experience this weekend. At 12:15 p.m. on Saturday, April 18, 2015 I entered the post office located at Charleston Town Center Mall in Charleston, WV for the purchase of postage stamps. To my surprise, I could hear what I would call rap music. As I approached the postal service employee I could hear him actively singing the lyrics..."so super bad...up and down..round and round...sooooo super bad"! At no point did the employee stop singing and jiving to his musical selection; just one breath to quote my costs of $19.60; no greeting, no thanks for my business, little acknowledgement of my presence. I was stunned. Is this appropriate on-the-job behavior for postal workers?

• Reply to: Network Consolidation: It Takes Two … Phases   1 month 1 week ago

Our weekly newspaper, The Calhoun County Journal, is mailed out every Wednesday morning. We use Interlink circulation software. A year and a half ago, when the Post Office closed the Grenada 389 section center, our northern delivery in the state because non-existent for more than 5 weeks. The newspapers were stuck in Jackson, MS where they remained the ENTIRE time. We were getting hundreds of complaints and cancellations. When the post office agreed to re-open Grenada 389 as a hub, delivery immediately returned to normal.
    When the Tupelo 389 sectional center closed, newspapers now go to memphis, delaying them up to a week. We are now driving newspapers to post offices 30 minutes away using exceptional dispatch so they can be delivered the same day.
    Every time a sectional center is closed, delivery changes to at least 7 days later. But I am paying the post office the same amount for delivery. It is very hard on our business to handle these complaints that we have no control over. I used epub for watches and complaints, but now that is no longer an option.

• Reply to: Go Secure With gopost   1 month 1 week ago

As a business that ships perishable items, this is not a shipping method we would use to deliver our product, and is not unlike shipping to a P.O. Box. Like many companies, we do not ship to P.O. Boxes. Unfortunately, we had a negative shipping experience with a customer who gave us a parcel locker shipping address. We were not even aware we were shipping to a parcel locker since there was nothing in the address that identified it as such.

We sent the items 2-day, but have no idea and have no way to verify, when the customer actually picked up their perishable items since the tracking information only tracks to delivery to the parcel locker. The customer subsequently contacted us to let us know our product was inedible due to expiration. After shipping our products to residential addresses for 4 years, in the 48 contiguous states, we have never had this or any product problems.

It seems this delivery system is customer-focused to a fault and to the exclusion of the sender, be it an individual or business. For this reason, we will not ship to any parcel lockers in the future and will be informing our customer that we are canceling the balance of their subscription order. Even though many small businesses dealing in perishable items clearly state on their websites that they are not responsible for any type of damage once the package is in the hands of USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc., and to address complaints to the shipper, the reality is the customer expects the business/sender to address it.

A small business cannot afford to have these types of experiences. Additionally, since this program is still in the pilot phase and not widely available, there is no awareness in areas where it's not available. This doesn't make sense since it's entirely conceivable that a sender could be outside of the program, shipping to a pilot area. Shouldn't both parties know about it?

Please consider the following:
    1.) Using an identifier for the parcel locker address, so a business can make an educated decision whether it wants to ship or not.
    2.) Establishing some way for the business/sender to verify when the customer/recipient has actually picked up the parcel.
    3.) Letting the cat out of the bag! Communicate that this program is out there and in the pilot phase, even to areas in the country where the service is not yet available.

Thank you for the opportunity to share our experience and recommendations.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 month 1 week ago

Your complaints might be valid in terms of the machine operation, but the USPS does not use tax money, so your wrong in saying that they "are a waste of tax funding." I use the kiosks all the time and have never had problems with credit card acceptance, even when using older scratched up and bend cards.

• Reply to: The Changing Change of Address System   1 month 1 week ago

So you've moved already or are doing last minute admin jobs for the move such as post redirecting...
    Only to find that part of the post redirection process is to send post to the address that you just moved out of....
    Genius!
    And SO American...

I tend to do a number of certified letters and prefer to have the information completed before arriving at the post office. If you indicate you have prefilled postal forms you do not have the opportunity to enter the tracking number into the machine. As a result if the letter / package is lost how would you prove that you mailed it.

• Reply to: How often did you use your smartphone to pay for things this holiday season?   1 month 1 week ago

I'm a mobile app developer in a mobile application development company - sakshay (http://www.sakshay.in/). I have developed a lot of mobile applications.

These fast-evolving technologies will facilitate the move to payment using mobile phones. Instead of the process of filling out manual paperwork, it's better to use a mobile phone that requires only the download of an app and linking it to the bank details. By using this innovative technology everything will change to digital, but it will take a long time for this to happen.

• Reply to: We’re Just Askin’   1 month 1 week ago

I wanted to reread an audit done last year...I tried to pull it up according to your instructions and only got the reports which showed up recently......Is there something wrong with me or your webpage...It was easy to pull up old audit reports on your prior webpage.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 1 week ago

My mail carrier will frequently mix up my mail and my neighbors mail which I can live with most times. But what does bother me is when I have parcels she frequently says that they were undeliverable and leave a message in my mailbox when I know for fact that someone was home that day. I have tried to have vendors ship was an alternate carrier whenever possible because my US PS carrier does not seem to care wether I get my packages or not and I feel that any other company in the private sector would hold their employees accountable for their performance or the lack there of.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 2 weeks ago

recently our mail was delivered to the wrong place. Luckily the man who received was an honest man and returned it to us, the mail contained new credit cards. What if it had fallen into the wrong hands?

• Reply to: Passing up Passport Revenue?   1 month 2 weeks ago

I realize this is an old post but I came up on it while googling how in the world do I get an appointment to for passport renewal at the post office. I feel like this must be a joke. Do you really not know why people do not want to use the post office. I am currently on the phone for over 20 minutes waiting to speak to someone on the phone just to make an appointment, literally months in advance. This has to be the most inanely inefficient system ever. I would gladly pay double to have this taken care of efficiently and quickly but I can't go to a passport expediter because it's for a minor.

• Reply to: We’re Just Askin’   1 month 2 weeks ago

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for comment and your concern about our office's audit projects.

We have passed this message along to our Audit Team.

Thank you again.

• Reply to: Network Consolidation: It Takes Two … Phases   1 month 2 weeks ago

To add to Mike's comment......Now some of the mail processed at Raleigh and Greensboro is delivered to post offices in North Carolina which are as far away from Raleigh and Greensboro as Boston is to New York.

• Reply to: We’re Just Askin’   1 month 2 weeks ago

It is great that you seek opinions and views about upcoming audit projects.

The next step to take is to seek opinions and views on completed audits.

I am sure there are folks out there who read an audit and cringe. They see where the audit could have been so much better if the auditors had just known something which the reader had known. I am sure during an audit your auditors get a gut feeling that there are a couple of pieces of information missing which could so improve their audit but they can not find them.
    And I am sure that your auditing goals would be enhanced if you did seek out opinions of "completed" audits.
    After all, we all have the same goal,,,,,",Improve what we do. "

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   1 month 2 weeks ago

I am looking for this service to use as a small business address for a virtual business. Please let me know if this service is offered at the USPS because it would be easier for me to trust than some random virtual PO Box company.

• Reply to: What should be the top priority for capital investment?   1 month 2 weeks ago

Postal Banking! In other countries, the Post Office is also a bank. This could be a very excellent New Line of Business!

• Reply to: Passing up Passport Revenue?   1 month 2 weeks ago
    Hi,

Hi,

We're sorry to hear about your issues. Here is the phone number to your nearest office of consumer affairs. They should be able to assist you: (615) 872-5642.

• Reply to: Neighborhood Mail and the Future of the Postal Service   1 month 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your comment. The Federal Trade Commission has information on their website to help you stop unsolicited mail. For more information go to:

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 2 weeks ago

Hi Shannon,

Our role is to prevent fraud, waste, abuse, and employee theft and misconduct within the Postal Service. Please file a complaint on our hotline so we can look further into this matter: https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form.

• Reply to: We’re Just Askin’   1 month 2 weeks ago

I love the new process. It is operating smoothly and it is very simple to use. The graphics add a more interesting touch. I do not have any issues that need to be addressed at this time because every new audit within my directorate has recently produced an Audit Asks page.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 2 weeks ago

I'm expecting a parcel from Taiwan,Tracking Number: CC254626181TW.it arrived in BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 on March 20, 2015 , 9:03 pm, and i still haven't received it !my zip code is 92532! I ever filed an inquiry (Case ID 122382682) to USPS customer server,and it turns that my local post office replied to me, they just told me that they don't receive my parcel in their station, the end of story ! and i did ask the sender to do an investigation from original country TAIWAN!but it would take 1-2 month to process! probably my parcel would already has sent back to Taiwan during this investigation!
    im helpless now , i don't even know my parcel is LOST or anything, please HELP! thank you!

How do I get off the advertising mass mail lists? I receive many more "Local Postal Customer" junk mail than ever before. I do not want it, I never requested it, and I want off the mailing list. Please let me know how to expedite removal.