• Reply to: An Address of One’s Own   2 weeks 5 hours ago

I have been an address assignment contractor since 1993 in central Illinois. I feel that there is a valid reason to locate almost anyone at anytime. Most of my work, including GIS mapping of address points on 9-1-1 MASTER STREET ADDRESS GUIDE valid street centerlines is paramount in today's world. Working with my two top priorities of public safety and U S Postal Service standards has made my business a success in central Illinois. I would look forward to joining a larger group in pushing for standards in all areas needing addresssing.

• Reply to: No Time like the Present   2 weeks 10 hours ago

I was driving by the Jericho New York U.S Post Office. I notice the flag outside was tangled, i went inside to address the issue with the staff. Within five minutes they corrected the issue with the flag. This was very pleasing for myself, being I'm a military veteran who holds the care of the flag in the highest esteem. I didn't catch the staffs name, but they should be put in for a commendation and this place in there performance file. Just wanted to personally say thanks to the morning Jericho postal staff and job well done.

• Reply to: Passing up Passport Revenue?   2 weeks 1 day ago

We had really frustrating experience with USPS, Redmond, WA today. As per the website (iafdb.travel.state) opening time was mentioned 8:00AM.
    Hours of Passport Acceptance
    Open Lunch Start Lunch End Closed
    MONDAY 8:00:0 12:00:0 13:00:0 15:00:0

However, when we reached there, we were told that passport office starts at 9:00AM. We went home and came back at 9:00 and started waiting for office to open. We contacted USPS staff around 9:10AM and they told that they are paging the appropriate person. Another family was also waiting along with us since 9:00AM. We contacted office again at 9:25AM and they told that they are paging the supervisor then. At 9:30, someone came and told us that the passport office will be closed today.

Later we went to city court and finished application within 20 minutes. Now, I realized, I should have never gone to USPS. I see similar complaints from lot of people online. I could have saved more than 2 hours, if I would have gone to other center first rather than USPS.

• Reply to: Will you be doing your online shopping earlier this season?   2 weeks 1 day ago

I can't agree with you more. Actually, it would be better if you order the goods you want before that peak. You will miss that crazy time.

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   2 weeks 3 days ago

The Ford Transit Connect with a factory right-hand drive would be the ideal vehicle. The fuel efficiency alone raises eyebrows, but the deceptively large interior storage, broad range of backup camera and mirror combinations, and low per-unit cost should seal the deal. I'm thinking of buying one and paying for factory modification myself as a proof of concept. Loaded retail starts around $25k, but with a bulk purchase order we would likely get the units for less than the cost of the current LLV. This comes (in Texas anyway) with AC standard, and heat, both of which are effective in the entire cabin and cargo area. The ONLY modification I would recommend would be a shortened front axle to mirror the tight turn radius capability of the LLV. If this isn't on the USPS short-list then I would certainly re-look the preferred providers.

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   2 weeks 5 days ago

Yes and in communities etc. them unfair ones act as though the one mailman who's the hard worker and thought he would be valued more by doing it all ,gets the blame as though he or she is the reason for any mail tardiness or if help is needed. Even if a person who's been hit by a vehicle or injured by any other form , they act as though it's fake and never understood what took so long with the biggest mail loads. Yes having managers, clerks etc and anyone employed should also have to give by doing more work also to help with delivery services.It's not just postmasters that have time for making waste. Common sense ideas that can improve things should be allowed without difficulty instead of attacking hard dedicated workers,blaming them, hating them ,abusing them, etc for a form of recreation to release boredom or amusement. Unions should make it legal for clerks to do some deliveries to , along with extra managers on hand. I've on occasion seem a postmaster do some sorting. They should allow for some half and half jobs. Sorting and mail delivery without too much of any one thing. It would be healthier, reduce call outs and injuries down the line and in turn reduce many costs plus a better incentive to be productive / upbeat about it. No abuse or beating down in anyone anymore . No difficulty re routing obvious problems that harm and make things worse. It's as if overwork to slave ships make employees stronger or something instead of debilitated. Why do they like that and then use force to debilitate them more , when they can deligate more fairly instead. They even try to say its not fair to others when that person is the one who has it the most unfair and they continue to spend extra time to plan alibis for their laziness, it seems, instead of planning solutions. Force and law is needed to make it harder for them to overwork one and by the time some prevention can stop the excessive overwork some, it's too late after the damage is done, but at least maybe further damage can stop before a person is completely ruined and any future good sport might have it better, who knows. I don't want to knock all management or higher level officials , since there is some good in some and not all bad but it's the side taking and constant fighting instead of fair play between opposing sides and the mail carrier gets hurt because of it and in turn it harms the whole industry even though others still can get richer and fatter by not doing much. Why can't union and management both let things go and agree for more equal mail systems and less segregation into opposing sides out for themselves instead of supporting the industry on a whole.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   2 weeks 5 days ago

How about delivering the mail in a timely fashion to the correct address? If I see another "The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date" on USPS.com tracking where my package sits in a sorting facility for a week I'm going to go postal.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   3 weeks 1 day ago

I would like to find out why my outgoing mail was not picked up until 8:40 pm tonight. I waited and watched the mail truck come by. I could have taken my mail to work but thought it would get out quicker. I have also seen mail trucks running on Sunday. What is going on?

• Reply to: Have you used a Postal Service app of any kind?   3 weeks 1 day ago

I've had this app quite awhile,,used to work better,,but now the tracking is about worthless,,shows it left original facility,,then nothing until it's out for delivery,,no scans along the way ,,rediculous

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   3 weeks 2 days ago

They should be at every major shopping location, they are a dream come true, no standing in lines and no interaction with a potential depressed or disgruntled employee who might do lord knows what,please put them more places like shopping centers and malls. I could actually buy a gift and overnight my package all at the same spot. A lot of times I just won't buy things because of the hassle of having to go to a post office, try it out in a busy mall before Christmas so the public will know they are available and how easy they are to use, of coarse put an attendant there to show the general public how simple they are to use

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   3 weeks 4 days ago

I am disappointed that my package in ISC Miami for the last three months no feed backs from USPS with regards to my item the thing is just today another item is held for the second time the first items tracking number is EE002449358TT for no reason its held in Miami which it suppose to be sent to china and the latest one is to go to New York Tracking Number EE002402069TT I AM JUST HOPPING THIS TIME IT GO TO THE ADDRESS IT WAS SEND TO AND DONT GET STUCK IN MIAMI FOR THE SECOND TIME!

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   3 weeks 4 days ago

This is a great idea and it would help those people out that can't cash checks at a bank because they don't have a account. also then they wouldn't be indebt to the pay day leaders!

• Reply to: Business Reply Mail   3 weeks 5 days ago

Hello,

If I am concerned with the speed of how quickly to receive mail, should one choose BRM Priority of First Class?

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   3 weeks 5 days ago

Absolutely! I strongly support the expansion of the USPS into financial services as a viable business line that would offer expanded and valuable customer services, especially to sectors of American society that now lack low or no-cost mechanisms for fiscal transactions and short-term loans. Death to the payday lenders who charge outrageous interest rates and snare people into a cycle of never-ending debt payments.

• Reply to: An Uber Good Idea?   3 weeks 5 days ago

Unfortunatly we don´t have UBER in Spain because of the taxi lobbys push. We still have Desguaces en Barcelona

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   3 weeks 6 days ago

I've experienced the same thing with all of the credit cards in my wallet lately. Ever since the issuers sent me replacement cards with the new technology (embedded chips), the USPS kiosk readers can't scan them. When this problem first arose, I still had one card that had not been replaced and it worked. Now none of mine will work. I don't know why I tried again today. Like you, I never have a problem with these same cards anywhere else. I don't expect a fix very soon, since they have so many they'll have to retrofit.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   4 weeks 1 hour ago

USPS is THE WORSE Postal "Service" I have ever used in the 6 countries I have lived in. It would be impossible to detail all of the idiotic and moronic and systemic failures of USPS but I will tell you IF you care then DO SOMETHING!! Of course that will NEVER happen as the Postal Union will never allow any employee to be fired for theft or incompetence. I addressed a package to Ecuador and the moron at USPS in Phoenix sent it to Equatorial Guinea...when I tried to get it intercepted the horrible people who staff the USPS office REFUSED to help me, stonewalled me, scowled at me and laughed at me. Your office is a joke, USPS is a disgrace and I will pay ten times the price to use DHL or Fedex. You are the most dishonorable collection of people I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   4 weeks 4 hours ago

When a mail man leaves a vacancy letter for me to sign because he thought address was vacant do they send u your old mail back the next day prior to sighning it? Or do they do it the fallowing day?

• Reply to: An Uber Good Idea?   4 weeks 1 day ago

I work for the usps and currently am a uber driver. Is this something that would not allow me to do? Would this take away my extra income? What would be the restrictions for the current usps/uber drivers? How many of there r us????

• Reply to: Go Secure With gopost   1 month 1 day ago

I would definitely use this! I live in Portland OR and package theft is a huge problem in my neighborhood.

• Reply to: Nationwide Wage Uniformity   1 month 1 day ago

i have a question, I just got a transfer from the Detroit NDC to the Atlanta NDC , is the pay going to be the same

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 1 day ago

Bill paying, ID's, banking, and voting should have been incorporated into the USPS years ago.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 2 days ago

The USPS should serve all American's with extended hours, postal banking, more employees at the window, more passport hours and full time carrier employees.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 2 days ago

I am a resident of a small town (Covington, GA) and would certianly take advantage of certian essential banking services that the U.S.P.S. might offer.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 2 days ago

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't the Post Office used to offer basic banking services back in the days before it became a stand-alone version of its former self and the Postmaster General was bounced as a Cabinet member?
    I think it is long past time to restore the Post Office to its former importance in this country.