• Reply to: Have you ever shopped on one of Alibaba’s websites?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Not sure what is the site to suggest new service ideas; as the postal mail revenues declining, USPS should explore opportunities for new services. USPS has many locations in local neighborhoods, and big delivery and locally familiar personnel. Taking this as the advantage it should venture into new services -- for example link up craig's-list or amazon or ebay, local newspaper for local merchandise exchange -- thus not requiring packing, shipping, and delivery; a seller brings the article, gets an assigned tag, or POBOX with online key; the buyer gets the electronic ID online through USPS, comes to the location and opens the box with electronic key. Any responsibility for the article is between seller and buyer; USPS is only for Box and Key for a service. I am sure there are a number of other interesting value added service. Which is the place to suggest such ideas?

• Reply to: Delivery and Safety: A Two-Way Street   1 month 3 weeks ago

I completed the form, which by the way is very vague. There isn't even enough room to file whole complaint in detail like it requests. It's now been 4 months, I have been contacted by no one, and this woman is still in charge. And I now find out she may possibly have a law suit against her. And I guarantee once they start digging she will be in deeper than she realizes. Karma is what I call it and I hope, and pray to god she gets what's coming and worse for the way I was treated. I still want my job back,I miss it, and I miss the other carriers. She was the only problem in our post office and every single person, every last one I guarantee will not back her, but tell you she is horrible miserable excuse for a person. She should never have been aloud In a position of authority. I know I had valid reasons to report her but the post office, and apparently the OIG all cover for each other. I never got a Phone call or an email. They dont care. And they should start. Pretty soon with all the shut downs, if they all continue to harass, play favorites, and just treat employees and people badly they wont have their precious jobs either. There wont be anything left of it continues. It's all about who you know there, and only one they kept that was hired with me, her dad has been a full time regular for years. Never mind she was dumping mail in every mail box but the correct one and had so many customer complaints during probation. All to get her route finished quickly. Well it worked, they don't care about efficiency which is what I was striving for along with good time which I had. They only care about time, and who you know. I had zero complaints, but I was let go. Only because she didn't like me, because everyone else did. She didn't like that she was hated and I wasn't, it was personal. And everyone else knows it as well.

• Reply to: The Curious Ups and Downs of Mail Volume Declines   1 month 3 weeks ago

I believe this statement from the article is not factual: "Postal Service Household Diary Study that college graduates consistently send about twice as much mail as people without high school diplomas,". Put the study online so the Voting public can come about there on conclusions. When I was in College one of the courses I took was psychology. In that course I learned that more studies are flawed by many different factors. The main factor was who was paying for the study influenced the out come. The article basically is saying if your not smart ie dumb you don't use the USPS mail system. My first impression if reading a study such as this would also involve critical thinking which would cause me to ask this question: Are College student so inapt at using computers and email they have to sent the communications by letters written in crayon stuffed into an envelope and mailed by the fraternity / dorm secretary?

One reason the mail volume falls is because Postal employees refuse to deliver packages and just return them as undeliverable. That way he/she shortens their route and goes home after only working 1/2 to 3/4 of a day and gets paid for the whole day.

• Reply to: Are Contract Postal Units and Village Post Offices the Post Office of the Future?   1 month 3 weeks ago

The problem I am seeing with the VPO's in my area is this. There are no dedicated drivers to pick up the priority, express and other mail to meet the postal trucks in the evening. When I purchase services at a VPO at 8 AM I am already told the mail has been picked up for the day delaying my package by one to two days depending on whether the carrier gets the mail to the office and accepted scans in time to meet the evening trucks. So I am paying for a service that I am not receiving. I can see where the Postal Service wants to save money. However, the Postal Service needs to service these facilities so their customers are getting the same service as if they went to a regular Post Office. The postal service is not showing the priority mail and express mail failures, because the acceptance scan is not made until the carrier gets back to the post office that day and depending on the time he/she gets back he/she either scans with the same days date or dates the acceptance for the next day. This is unacceptable.

• Reply to: Getting Closer to Seamless Acceptance   1 month 3 weeks ago

I currently run an online business and ship out commercial rate usps first class packages. Recently I dropped off 19 packages each weighing 1 ounce into my local post office mailbox directly in front of their building. Not one of these packages have been accounted for and I am out a lot of money. I have tried calling that office and they never answer their phone. I have spoken to a customer rep with upsp online and just told I need to wait to be contacted by that post office's manager. I have not been contacted and these packages are still missing. This is terrible service and nothing more than theft. Until something gets done about this type of situation I do not trust usps for mailing my items any longer. Local offices are under no scrutiny and do not have to answer to anyone. How is this possible?

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   1 month 3 weeks ago

I'm not sure if this is being sent to the right person, but I have not been receiving my mail to my home address for a few months especially my car note which comes every month on the 26th has not seen it for 4 months. I have contacted the dealer and I was informed that my mail has been forward to another address without my permission. I have cam home on a few occasions and has not seen any mail in my mailbox. This is quite suspicious to me. The only other person who receives the mail is my husband who I am currently separated from. I don't want to believe he is removing my mail. I contacted a postal inspector last week to see what steps I needed to take. I have been waiting for the letter which I have not received. I have not put in a change of address neither have I moved been here for over 12 yrs or purchased a postal box. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE HAS MY MAIL BEEN GOING. I would appreciate if this is forward to the correct person that can assist me with this action. I don't have a tracing number due to I don't have any mail to track.

Thanks Valerie Stewart-Daniels

Hello Maureen,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence.

The role of the USPS Office of Inspector General is to investigate waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS). Unfortunately, this issue falls outside of the jurisdiction of this office.

However, please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (305) 470-0890 or (305) 470-0801 , so they can look further into this matter for you.

Horrible experience on my only tow shopping occasions. Impossible to get anyone in customer service to do anything on my behalf. Language barrier was also a nightmare.

i have been waiting on a package since may 1. my package has sat in atlanta for five fu ing days. how ridiculous is this for the united states postal service. its like they do not care about their job.you go to their customer service sight and it is the biggest runaround i have ever had the displeasure i have had. no wonder nobody is doing business with you! thanks for everything you havent done for me.

I recently started running a business out of my home (2 months) and 1 check sent to me with the correct address was sent back to sender, now I have 2 other clients that claimed they sent me a check (more than 10 days ago) and I still have not received them.
    My company name is: BB Design + Printing
    My zip is: 33309
    I am very concerned about this...

• Reply to: Where Have All the Pallets Gone?   1 month 3 weeks ago

i have in my companie pallets for returned to post office y need a contact for that. i have 100 pallets more or less

• Reply to: The Curious Ups and Downs of Mail Volume Declines   1 month 4 weeks ago

In my opinion you can't see the forrest for the trees. Sooner or later you are going to have to admit "boots on the ground" delivering mail to the wrong address are on the increase. This seems particularily true for your substitute carriers that replaces the regualars on their day off.
    What's the point of someone shipping something via USPS, have it make it to the local post office and then disappear somewhere in the neighborhood.
    My zip code is 84094. I am serviced by the post office 84070. I have complained to the postmaster so much he gave me his phone number to call him. But nothing seems to change.
    The past year I have had to collect two of my packages a block east of me and give packages back to the mailman and postmaster that were not mine.
    Today a person (not the mailman) dropped off my package of mail order medications that was delivered to his house two blocks north of me.
    I'm thinking about passing out flyers inviting neighbors to call me when they receive mail not addressed to them so I can pass the information on to the postmaster.

• Reply to: The Curious Ups and Downs of Mail Volume Declines   2 months 2 days ago

Yes - changes in service standards are yet another factor impacting mail use over time, and it is likely those impacts vary by geographic area. Other potential “service-related” factors are closing of post offices, changes to window service hours, and online access to postage. These are all examples where this kind of research could lead to segmented strategies focused on retaining customers and improving postal services. Thank you for your comment and suggestion.

• Reply to: The Curious Ups and Downs of Mail Volume Declines   2 months 3 days ago

An interesting follow up report would be how much the baseline demand changes with the decline in service standards. The 2015 change in service standards and the inability of the USPS to meet the new lower standards with its "right sized" network is motivating some of this "base" of demand for FCM to disappear.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 months 4 days ago

Having a problem getting service at the Mountain Pine, Arkansas Post Office. Could not get anyone to come to the front desk, could hear people in the back talking and laughing, but would not respond to the bell. In which, could not get stamps to mail off letters.5/04/2015

• Reply to: The Curious Ups and Downs of Mail Volume Declines   2 months 4 days ago

Thank you for your post and support for “regional” strategies that improve postal services. This initial research looked at “geographic areas,” which were based on 3-digit ZIP Codes, and used data by Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas. Unfortunately, that level of analysis could not fully take into account the diverse nature of communities, as in the 60-mile radius of your office, and perfectly isolate demand for mail by block or street or address. As analysts, we agree with your insight that the geographic areas are a broad grouping and drilling down deeper would unearth other important insights and be potentially groundbreaking. We plan to explore this in future work.

Thank you for your comment and observation on how technology impacts use of the mail and is increasingly a substitute for traditional hard copy correspondence and transactions. Widespread adoption of that technology is likely one major cause for the surprisingly consistent declines in mail use across demographic groups that we observed in this initial research. As you note, there is likely a geographic relationship as well. We plan to more fully explore the impacts of additional significant factors including cell phone coverage and high speed internet connectivity in follow-up work.

• Reply to: Having Problems with Your Time and Attendance Records? The OIG Wants to Hear From You.   2 months 5 days ago

The supervisor are going into the computer changing employees time for when they work for 8 hours and they really work for 10. They are also giving people time who don't work and have them on the clock saying they work that day. Another problem they have is that the supervisor are going around telling coworker (PSE's) they will be regular if they are willing to sleep with them. Something has to be done, I ain't never been on no job were supervisor and management are falsifying employees time and sexual harrasing employees and getting away with it. This really needs to stop.

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   2 months 5 days ago

The system is broken. It is inefficient and inconsistent. The ISC is one of the biggest reasons why the USPS is losing money and customers like me. I have a registered letter from Germany that has been at ISC NY for more than a month (tracking# RB108469614DE) and a package from Japan (tracking# CD190638335JP) that is still at ISC San Francisco for more than two weeks. I don't know whether they're stolen, lost or just sitting there waiting for processing. There is no clear answer and non-existent customer service. They already lost a previous letter of mine and it's been a frustrating experience. If you let this go on, I will let every person I know and every merchant I buy from to use other means of delivery because this is unacceptable. I wouldn't mind paying more, I just want consistency and reliability. Like any other business, I paid for these services so I expect you to do what you said that you'd do--deliver my mail and packages.

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   2 months 5 days ago

Good idea. Keeps the unknown companies popping up trying to "get" our mail... unsecure at minimum. I rather have the USPS continue to be the experts not some unknown wanna be.

• Reply to: The Curious Ups and Downs of Mail Volume Declines   2 months 1 week ago

Why do you think mail volume declines vary by region? you have the answers already, broken down demographically. Do you see an opportunity to launch “regional” strategies of any kind? A HUGE YES. In fact, the chosen word "regional" sounds to be to broad.
    Just in a 60 mile radius of my office. We have a Naval Base, University and colleges, a retirement (snowbird) community, several tourist communities, industrial, farm land, shipping/docks with all supporting businesses and a wide range of household income and ages.
    Each Post Office handles a different type of customer. No two are alike. And no office handles the entire list of examples. In just 12 miles the difference in median age and income drops dramatically from one post office to another. One office is higher income and older, another is much lower income and much lower median age by 20 years.
    The data is already available, it just needs to be drilled down.
    It would be a dream come true in my job to see the USPS actually look at things from the bottom up when making decisions.

Why is there a decline in FCM utilization across demographic groups? I think it is simply a more global access to telecommunications technology. The telephone could never supplant mail for important communications but email with attachments certainly seem to be cutting tremendous inroads into FCM. The early PCs were very expensive and without the user friendly interface. Now they are relatively inexpensive and the software can prompt you for appointments, responses and much more than you even care about. Now, indeed, many things can be done on cell phones or mini-pad, obviating the need for paper communication. It seems like owning one is de rigor for all demographics, the unemployed, the 4th Grader, the affluent, the elderly (albeit at a slower clip) independent of education, income and most likely regionally. Perhaps the absence of cell phone towers and high speed internet connectivity in West Virgina or regions that are rural, remote and economically depressed explains the relatively slower rate of decline of FCM utilization.

Thank you for your interest in the report and for your feedback. We agree that plant consolidations and closings contribute to regional variations in mail volume, particularly in certain areas. We acknowledge this explicitly in the report, but do not think this alters the initial conclusion that mail use varies greatly by region. For example, plant consolidations and closings will not have as severe an impact on mail use trends for a state as it does for any given area, and our research shows that mail use varies greatly by state (see Appendix C of the report). Raising the issue that mail use is not uniform across geographic areas is a necessary first step in the discussion of this important topic. We hope that discussion will not only advance and refine this research, but more importantly lead to improvements in postal services. To your point, we plan to examine the effects of the closure and consolidation of processing facilities on mail volumes, as well as research the effects of the many other contributing factors, in follow-up work. We welcome your additional thoughts.

• Reply to: Should the Postal Service continue its consolidation plan?   2 months 1 week ago

The plants can't handle the work they have now. Expess mail failures have increased and the expected day of deliveries are not being met and customers are complaining daily. Keep the plants open to increase the processing of mail and grow the business. Closing plants and delaying the mail will only chase customers away from the business and when the Postal Service decides to privatize, they won't have any customers to serve. Who wants that kind of business.