• Reply to: Post Office Relocations: Having Your Say   1 month 2 weeks ago

Post Ofices are a trusted organization that protects the privacy and security of the people... ezmove.in

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 2 weeks ago

A package that I sent was returned for a better address. It was sent to a small town and the zip code was one digit off. If I were in business an and employee on mine showed such lack of initiative, I would fire them. Don't you think that an astute postal worker should have checked the proper zip for a town that was clearly marked on the address?

Similarly, a few months ago a letter was returned marked no such address, It was a short street with four houses in a high end neighborhood. Names were on the mailboxes, and the address marked was 56 instead of 58. Not being able to connect the dots would seem to be either stupidity or spite. Probably a little of both.
    Here is a list of some of the problems with postal workers, no pride, no initiative, unwillingness to help customers and refusal to put in the extra effort to make the postal service more efficient. It almost seems as if they find satisfaction out of small errors that allow them to avoid delivering mail.

• Reply to: Ideas on the Doorstep   1 month 2 weeks ago

You think that in 2015 that a more cost effective way to deliver mail would be mail boxes at the end of the driveway or sidewalk. This would cut down on mail carrier's getting hurt, from the weather, dog bites or other incidents. All new subdivisions are cost effective today. You would think that in the long run this would save a lot of money.

• Reply to: Ideas on the Doorstep   1 month 3 weeks ago

When looking up the postage for square 6"x 6" folded invitation cards, I found the web site unclear, so I called the 800 number for guidance since this was a time sensitive piece, waiting just over 40 minutes to get through to a customer service representative. "Paul" tried to help with the site and was not able to find the answer either. He then turned to his supervisor for help and, another 15 minutes later, confidently told me that it was $0.34 + $0.21 for a total cost of $0.55. So imagine my dismay when a third were returned for insufficient postage from my local Mount Vernon, WA post office. I talked to "Fernando" at this local office who told me "Paul" was wrong and that I should have used the web site. Full circle and now I am REALLY frustrated. Should I physically walk in with a piece? Should I have asked for an employee number of the agent and his supervisor? This has really been a hardship on my small business.

• Reply to: Ideas on the Doorstep   1 month 3 weeks ago

I think if the overall customer service was there, you would have more people using USPS. Your rates are better, but some people don't choose the hassel. Always lines at the P.O., and unhappy clerks, with unwillingness to help, also not knowledgable.

The 800 hotline for USPS, and the email system is less to be desired. The email hardly works, and if it does, the time frame in which someone responds is awful. All the 800 number does is refer the problem via email to your local post office. Why would I want to even go thru the hassle of calling the 800 number if I can just talk to my local post office?

Also, why do we not answer the phones half the time at the post office locations??????

Just discussted.

• Reply to: Ideas on the Doorstep   1 month 3 weeks ago

Hello Renee,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

To inquire further into this situation, please call your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs office at (314) 436-4280.

• Reply to: The $3.6 Billion Dollar Brand   1 month 3 weeks ago

Hello Richard,

We apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

Although this incident does not fall within the jurisdiction of our offices, please call file a complaint with our offices at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form, so our offices can look into this matter and forward it to the right department.

Thank you.

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   1 month 3 weeks ago

Hello Taylor,

Although this incident does not fall within the jurisdiction of our offices, please call and file a complaint with the Postal Service Office of Consumer Affairs at 800-275-8777. By doing this, you will provide them with the information needed to look into this occurrence.

• Reply to: The $3.6 Billion Dollar Brand   1 month 3 weeks ago

If you want people to see the USPS as reliable or convenient, maybe you shouldn't run an ad campaign about how it is so much easier to schedule a pick up and have your carrier take your package rather than deliver it to the post office when the mail carriers refuse to pick up packages. I've been trying to schedule pick ups for two weeks now and each time they carrier leaves the package in the door. To add insult to this, I then receive an e-mail telling me the package was successfully picked up.

• Reply to: Ideas on the Doorstep   1 month 3 weeks ago

Like the stamp at the start of this article.
    Make it real.
    Use it to communicate the new USPS to the public.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I had same thing happen to me. Medication was labeled as delivered and I have no recourse with the Express Scripts the Mail Order Medication Company, They take the word of USPS. When you call USPS they take information and never followed though. The head of Consumer Affairs has no email address and one has to write a letter and then get no response. THE USPS is broken.

• Reply to: Ideas on the Doorstep   1 month 3 weeks ago
    Hi,

Hi,
    I frequently purchase products form a local company ( about 25 miles ) near my home. I live in Sturgeon, MO, and the comapany I order from is in Columbia, MO.

Every package sent to me from Columbia, MO first goes to either Hazelwood, MO, or Kansas City and then all the way to Columbia, MO before being sent to my local ( Sturgeon ) PostOffice.

It has taken several days for a single small package to make it 25 miles.

This is very inefficient because the package ends up being hauled aover 300 miles instead of the 25 miles it actuall only needed to go.

Why is this? It can't be because of a "need" to be "sorted" at either locations because I think all post offices have scanners and it's a simple matter to update the software and same millions of wasted miles of hauling items.

• Reply to: The $3.6 Billion Dollar Brand   1 month 3 weeks ago

Part of our "brand" is the annual report of most trusted governmental agencies. We are always at the top. The part of our "brand" which gets us this rating is the men and women on the front line. They are the clerks and carriers who are USPS to our customers.

Our brand is unique. We depend on customer's satisfaction with our product. Depending on the situation a customer can be a sender or a receiver. We have the opportunity to increase or destroy our brand at both end of every transaction. Too often this simple truism is lost in the babble of mandatory reports, constant turnover of initiatives and old fashioned CYA. Our "brand' is taking a beating because it appears we have lost our way. It appears we suck up to only one type of customer and blow off a range of others.....This makes no sense. Protect the brand and success will come.

• Reply to: The $3.6 Billion Dollar Brand   1 month 4 weeks ago

The usps should brand itself, "we will get it there on time, MAYBE! Refer to case #140831-000046. I sent a legal document that was time sensitive on December 30, 2014. I received it back as nondeliverableon January 27, 2015. On the envelope it was written--not in suite 212E. The reason that there were not in suite 212E was because there were in suite 112E. If the postal employee had really looked at the address, he would have known they are in suite 112E. I called and complained and asked that someone come topics up the letter and get it delivered. I spoke with someone named Terri and she wrote up the complaint. Terri said someone would call me within 48 hours. I received a voice mail 72 hours later from someone named Betty. She left a message with a phone number. I couldn't understand half of what she said. When I called the number I was told there was no such person there. It was theorist office where initially mailed the letter from. It was the same post office who said I would have to pay to again send it registered mail. The biggest joke is on your web site it emphasizes RELIABILITY! Like I said in my opening, "we will get it there on time MAYBE! From now on I will send my Christmas cards ,Easter cards, birthday cards, anniversary cards all electronically. If I need to send a legal document it will go FedX. I know you have a relationship with UPS so I won't send it using them because you might get a piece of the action. I will also let all my relatives and friends know about my experience and for them to send me cards electronically. I know that isnot much revenue that you lose, but bad word-of-mouth seems to have an impact and a tendency to go viral. I will direct them to your advertisement about what good customer service you have.

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   1 month 4 weeks ago

Everyone should try to avoid using the post office at all costs. I've had 5 packages returned to sender. And meanwhile ups has delivered right to my door without fail. Usps employees clearly don't care if you get your package. You should try to send your packages to your workplace, assuming either ups or fed ex delivers directly to your employer

• Reply to: The $3.6 Billion Dollar Brand   1 month 4 weeks ago

the oig website needs to be revamped. It looks bland and like a boring audit website. Most people I know go to the website looking for investigative related material

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   2 months 18 hours ago

Thank you for your time and effort.

• Reply to: What should be the top priority for capital investment?   2 months 1 day ago

Postal banking, please!

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   2 months 1 day ago

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this issue. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

Although this issue does not fall within the jurisdiction off our office, we have forwarded it to the U.S Postal Service Office of Customer Service. Their office will be able to look further into this issue.

• Reply to: Are Contract Postal Units and Village Post Offices the Post Office of the Future?   2 months 1 day ago

Hello Paula,

The primary responsibility of the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General is to prevent, detect, and report fraud, waste and misconduct; and to conduct independent audits and investigations of Postal Service programs and operations to ensure their efficiency and integrity.

The issues raised in your correspondence do not fall within the jurisdiction of this office. However, if you use the contact information below detailing your request, they should be able to assist you:

United States Postal Service
    Consumer & Contact Industry Office
    (800) ASK-USPS or (800-275-8777)

My parcel is arrived in Seoul, Incheon international airport on 1/25/15 at 12:54 a.m., but it still hasn't delivered yet. I don't know why it takes so long time to deliver within South Korea. My USPS tracking # is CW887859790US. It's international priority mail.

• Reply to: What do you think was the top postal story of 2014?   2 months 1 day ago

I am glad there is still someone who's willing to response to this issue. That really makes my day!
    However, it did not help solve problem!
    I tracked my package yesterday and it shows they are sending it back to China after 2 months' travelling throughout USA!!!
    I called, and it seems you guys are all good at playing soccer, and again I was kicked to a non-humanoid! Waited and waited for over half an hour, no human answer my phone!
    OK, I have this thing called a job, if I waste my time on waiting a "hopefully existing" human customer service representative, who's going to do my job!
    Hopefully my package can be safe back to China, the storm Juno really worries me!

Hello Dr. Bob,

However, we have forwarded your claim to the Postal Service Customer Service Office in an effort to assist you.

Also, please call and file a complaint with your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (305) 470-0890 or (305) 470-0801.

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   2 months 1 day ago

Hello Med Kassin,

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

HelloLiang Shao,

Thank you for taking the time to contact our offices. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS). We have forwarded your claim to the Postal Service Customer Service Office in an effort to assist you.

Also, please file a complaint online at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form. By completing this form it will provide our offices with the critical information needed to look further into this matter.

Thank you.