• Reply to: What should be the top priority for capital investment?   1 month 6 days ago

Certainly, everything listed in your capital investment list should be considered (much has already been).

Where else is capital investment needed? Revamping its brand. With the new vehicles there should be a revamping (new face) put on the retail side of package acceptance. In those offices that are showing growth or potential growth, the buildings need more then maintenance, they need a facelift.
    Example: in my Level 18 office presently we have approx. 144 sq ft. window lobby with 36 sq ft of wall space for retail products. Imagine three customers standing in this space, along with a table and it is like shopping in a closet.
    Presently this office cannot display all the products it has to offer.

With the removal of one 12 ft. wall to the adjoining postmasters office (that has never been used in last 16 years) the package products could open up to an additional 144 sq ft retail space.
    If we are going to be a package company, provide the funds to give offices that can sell retail packaging products the infrastructure to sell those products. You cannot sell a product, the customer does not see.

Currently we are restrained from selling and promoting our products due to limited space (although the building has the space)

So certainly, get new vehicles, advertise on them, do television ads, work with other agencies to build on our services . . . but don't forget the customer still needs to have a place they can come to purchase all we advertise and offer.

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   1 month 1 week ago

My packg was sent to DC address as a priority mail with signature required. The address delivered TO was wrong and the final was undelivered. I need to know who to contact to get the next status on the packg as it has a very important docs.
    package # 23041070000021451648
    On the tracking website it says its being returned to the sender if the appropriate address is provided. Very generic no specifics. Please help me , I need the package as it has important documents.

• Reply to: What should be the top priority for capital investment?   1 month 1 week ago

Fully agree with you.. How about some classes for upper management in the use of common sense and following the contract. Will save massive amounts in grievance pay outs and time filling grievances

• Reply to: Delivery and Safety: A Two-Way Street   1 month 1 week ago

I was a CCA and I loved it. Our post office was good about getting everyone of the street, actually of the clock by 5:00. But yes the route times are a problem. I was I feel wrongfully terminate. I could tell from day one my carrier supervisor did not like me. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why. The first time i actually met her was her shoving a piece of paper at me and saying here are your numbers remember them you need them. I just looked at the others hired with me and said, who was that? They told me it was our carrier supervisor. So I thought to myself oh great everything I've read on the internet about this place and management is Gonna be true ist it. Anyways I went on to do my training I had my 3 days on the job training and then my first 2days by myself I was put on what the other carriers called "the nightmare route" well naturally. The supervisor just says are you up for a challenge? I said Will do my best. The route wasnt so much confusing, it's just very long, the longest route there I believe, and its all walking. Plus I started beginning of November we'd already had a good amount of snow and of course holidays approaching so lots of mail and parcels. 3 things that slow you down immensely. Well first day didn't go as well as I'd have liked but the others were nice who came to help, and says no worries its your first day. Second day was a little better not much but a little. Well of course time goes on I get bumps from "nightmare" route quite often so now I actually enjoy that route probably one of few besides the regularthat do. Jump ahead to 60day eval she says my times aren't improving which they totally are by half according to times she told me, I know different I know they are better than that. So she says in next few weeks if you dont improve significantly it's not feasible for me too keep you. She never had me coming in to case the routes only doing a few hours off of 5 differ routes a day. How was I to learn the cases she also complained about that that my casting times were bad. Well the 204b is great and by the way he is now the carrier supervisor because they made this woman who hates me our acting postmaster, so she now has the authority to terminate me. Our 204b puts me on a route everyday I beat the out to street time given to me by like 20 minutes most days. And the route was supposed to be done in About 5to6 hours I was getting it done in about 6 when before I couldn't finish or it was like 8 to 9 hours instead of 6. If that's not improvement I'm not sure what is. So 75days she does my eval doesn't even wait till 80days with evil grin I knew it was coming I had been telling everyone, and I had been keeping track on my own. She says my case times are over by 20min and my street times are still over. I dont understand. It didnt matter what I did she had her mind set as soon as she became acting postmaster. She terminated me, then proceeded to have me fill out resignation form saying job was not what expected. I was so upset I just filled it out. I know I shouldn't have signed a damn thing. But it was deff personal as another that got hired same time who is really slow, is still there delivering. So it's mangers like this who are screwing up the whole thing. Despite everything I want my job back even hough those last few weeks it was so cold my eyelashes froze together I loved it. And because of management like her hard working people like me get terminated. I'm not even sure what to do and if I could even get it back.

• Reply to: Do you find flexibility policies helpful or harmful in your workplace?   1 month 1 week ago

My name is DL Crawford. I have done repeated business with your organization through multiple packages that I have either received or have had shipped to various locations. I have had repeated issues with packages arriving arriving at the wrong destination, or with them not arriving on time. Now I have spoken to customer service about this on a couple separate occasions. One of which they did come through for me. But, the most recent one I regret to inform you that wasn't the case. My shipment was scheduled to arrive today and still says on the website that it will be here today but seeing as how it is now after 5pm est I know that isn't the case. I am very disappointed in your organization and need to know what can be done to correct this in the future. Otherwise I will discontinue doing business with your organization and take my business elsewhere.

• Reply to: What do you think was the top postal story of 2014?   1 month 1 week ago

You know what, here is the Top 0:

To Who May Concerns,

I hope someone will read this email which I doubt, but still would not give up my hopes for US government!

It all started with tracking an international parcel sent on Nov.30, 2014 from my parents in China to US, which till now Jan. 22, 2015, I still haven't received! It was an international priority mail and I was supposed to receive that before Christmas.

However, The Guaranteed 1-month delivery package is still on the way when it is almost 2 months!

And this is not the only story!

I tracked it online before New Year, it shows that probably some employee made mistakes and sent my package travelling all around the great territory of USA! (see the following print screen). It arrived and got released in New York on Dec.5, 2014, and then, guess what, it shows up in California on Dec.12, 2014. That's not all the ventures my package took, it was tossed to Montana and stayed there for the holiday! What a mystical journey!

Inline image 2

I don't want to ruin other people's harmonious holiday time, which in turn, my holiday got ruined! (One Christmas gift I got for my wife was in that package!!) So I waited after new year, thinking it should arrive any time but my patience runs out when I saw my package arrived Chicago, IL and I finally emailed your customer services, and of course, no replies!

Amazingly, after a week, all the previous tracking information of this package got deleted!

Inline image 1

This makes me wonder whether someone is trying to cover someone's rear end but unfortunately got caught by a "nobody"!

I consider this "Negligence of Duty", which I still can understand, who will not make mistake. But 3 mistakes in a row, it is unbelievable! What kind of people do you hire?

The worse part is the act of "Harboring the Crime", which makes me double whether I should trust USPS anymore!

I am very frustrated and disappointed!

If anyone really concerns about USPS, please help me solve the problem! I still have not got my package yet!

Thank you very much for your time!

Best regards!

Hello Carolyn,

We apologize for these instances and appreciate you taking the time to notify us of them. Please call your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (515) 251-2330 and file a complaint with them so they can begin to look into these matters.

As well, file an online complaint form with out offices at https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form, which will provide our offices with the critical information to look further into this matter also.

Processing center in DM Iowa, STUPID mailed a pkg to them from calif, they sent it another location in calif, then it had to be sent back to Iowa again took 11 days for a priority 2 day package to get to the person in DM I sent it to. Also lost a card mailed at Johnston Post office never even got to california who knows where they
    sent it never ever got it from Dec Yet and and gift cards in it, well someone got sticky fingers. That processing center on the west side of DM is not the best it needs
    an overhaul in training and security cameras

Public Banking

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 1 week ago

I enjoyed a very nice verbal exchange and service at the Charles City, Iowa, US Post Office on Jan 21, 2015. The woman who waited on me, Sally, is like a mother in making sure everyone gets the service they need in a quick and professional manner. I have found this true of other counter help in this post office, as well. One time when a package I had mailed through this office was found laying in a Calif. post office, "undeliverable," they made contact for me and helped get it on it's way. I was so grateful, as it contained an electronic part for my potter's wheel. Let's just say, I don't mind taking them cookies.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 month 1 week ago

I have dropped a package in the drop box after using the kiosk and the package disappeared. Possibly stolen. I have also seen packages that were steal able because the bin under is full. Especially during the holidays. Overall I prefer handing my package over to a usps clerk so that way I have more proof that I gave them the package.

• Reply to: Which of the three options are you most interested in seeing the Postal Service pursue?   1 month 1 week ago

Ditto! I have been with USPS 25 years and have noticed the dramatic decline in the quality of new hires when they lowered the starting pay for RCA's, city carriers, clerks, etc. This is not to say we don't get any good/great ones, but many cannot master current skillset, much less expanded responsibilities. We have to think long term, because of how hard it is to fire someone who may be hardworking and honest, but incapable of doing the job. In athletics, I have heard coaches say, you can't teach speed, or height, or a number of talents that you are born with. Not everyone has the ability to do many of the tasks that the post office needs. Also we sold a lot of facilities in a down market, again very shortsighted. Now that our volumes are increasing (mostly packages), after the immense fall, I know our reduced infrastructure cannot handle significant growth.

The Post Master General has recommend the re -implementing of Postal Banking, which was the norm until recently, especially in rural isolated locations. There are 40 million Americans who have no banking privileges and the central location and convenience of service makes it a natural solution to the billions of dollars gauged from poor people to cash their checks. As success makes it popular we can begin to look at expanding it into the infrastructure banking which allows the citizens of a city to pool their savings into a bank which funds local common and civic projects. In Berkeley instead of selling our fabulous Post Office we could turn it into the financial source for funding the civic buildings on our Civic Center that need earthquake retrofit.

I agree with a previous comment. Our tracking is lousy. Many times the address is damaged with only the tracking number available. Tracking needs to show both delivery address and shippers address. Some times I can get our support folks up front to look at the SPBS images if they exist of the package. But this takes a lot of time and usually they are busy doing other stuff. And if it was hand sorted its just dead mail.

Full staffing in the front lines.Copy machine,Fax machine, stamp dispensing machines, CUSTOMER SERVICE...Who wants too bank at the postal service with a half hour waiting in line. Simple just staff the buildings we already have. No need...to outsource.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 1 week ago

Hello Sue,

Thank you for taking the time to contact our offices. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

However, we suggest calling your local USPS Consumer Affairs at (631) 755-2850 to file a complaint and so they can begin to look into this matter for you.

• Reply to: Postal Service Customer Service Is It Working for You?   1 month 1 week ago

Hello Scott,

We apologize for this inconvenience. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

However, we have forwarded your claim to USPS Office of Customer Service so they can begin to look into this matter for you.

Thank you.

I vote for Vehicles.

USPS has announced it is looking for new delivery vehicles. Ford, Chevy and Ram all have small delivery vehicles...Why doesn't USPS give them a ballpark parameter of our needs? Let each come up with a design based on their current product line. Have a test run of 3,000 vehicles each from the bidders. After an evaluation period, determine the best overall design or designs. ( one design may be great in city, while another's may be great rural). Losers, if they are smart, keep the right hand drive availability. Many delivery companies know it is quicker and safer to make deliveries in cities, etc with right hand drive. Benefits: USPS doesn't design an expensive lemon. Repair, maintenance, spare parts, etc are mostly off the shelf from supplier. Flexibility going forward in adjusting vehicle needs based on actual usage. This seems to be a no-brainer way of getting the BEST delivery system for the lowest cost.

Posted a comment over 12 hours ago and nothing. What a joke!

Invest in people!!! Training!! Service!!! Award Systems!!! and Effeciency Initiatives!!!!

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 1 week ago

I am so sick and tired of the Plainview Post Office. They are the absolute worse. The line is out the door and all they have is two people. Where is everyone else. They have no respect for anyone and because I complained about them to a few people on line I got a very dirty look from this blonde illiterate. I gave her a dirty look back. We r paying their salaries so they should be exceptionally nice to us. There is never enough people helping out and they ALWAYS open the doors late. It is supposed to be opened at nine and they always open after nine. This is a very exclusive upscale neighborhood. We should not have to go through this by a bunch of people who are obviously not happy with their job.

For the first time in years? We have over $300 billion socked away and a total of over half-a-trillion in monies and real assets. The monies 'borrowed' from the government have been paid back in full and we have over $5 billion in liquidity. Please stop helping Corporate to put on the poor mouth.

Going by you list:

1. Our fleet of LLV's is an aging maintenance disaster. Start replacing the fleet in larger metropolitan areas with a focus on reliability, economy and capacity in that order. The LLV's replaced can be used to augment the fleets in smaller areas until they too can be replaced.

2. You have to spend money on facility maintenance as a matter of course. That's what building side maintenance is for. If this is not being figured into our annual budget, someone at Corporate isn't doing their job. As for expansion, why would you close some facilities only to add on to others?

3. Why in the world would we spend any more money on MPE at this time?!. FSS is a disaster and we admittedly have an over abundance of mail processing equipment. The biggest problem I see is with the tracking everyone is so fixated on. Without an originating or destinating tracking address included in the tracking information, tracking is next to USELESS!!!

4. New lines of business, such as BANKING, advertising, etc. are a great idea. The focus here should be on maximizing profit with a MINIMUM of expenditure.

5. Eliminate 'work-sharing' and presorting discounts to our DIRECT COMPETITORS for work we could and SHOULD be accomplishing in house at a quarter of the cost and start charging enough for BBM processing that we can actually show a profit on it. Why in the world are we subsidizing Pitney Bowes, Netflix, UPS, FedEx, etc. by paying them to take business away from us?!. Not only is this a conflict of interest and amazingly stupid, it is a violation of US Code Title 39, Section 101 as it is all part and parcel of destroying 1st Class letter mail standards to the American public.

I think that technology should be invested to create new version.

Seemless / realtime Mail Forwarding, Automated foreign language address translation, Auto debit postage, and many other features to be discovered all start with this: http://postcom.org/public/articles/2013articles/holdenart.htm

The physical address always has and will be the weak link in moving to digital processing from inception. Read the article.