• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I am a retired federal employee. I strongly support the US Postal Service but I do not favor the post office offering so many ancillary services. Most lines already are so long at every post office you go to to mail a package, get stamps, or pick up mail. A typical transaction today at the counter takes twice or three times as long as it used to when the PO just sold stamps and excepted packages. Other services should be provided by a separate agency monitored by the government to make sure it doesn't rip off people like Amscot does. Mail services should remain with the federal government and there is no excuse why our PO can't be self supporting the way it was before making it a quasi-federal agency.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Can you use the self serve shipping console to ship a box of books via the media rate?

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I strongly support the expansion of the USPS into financial services as a viable business line that would offer expanded and valuable customer services, especially to sectors of American society that now lack low or no-cost mechanisms for fiscal transactions. The development of credit union-type savings and micro-loan programs are badly needed by the working poor as an alternative to predatory businesses that thrive from their misery.

This expansion of services would be a great public service, consistent with the USPS mission. The proposed mission expansion has worked quite well around the world; if properly constructed and managed, it should do likewise here.

• Reply to: Getting in on the Global Action   1 month 3 weeks ago

Need to make the entire process easier for International buyers. They are hit with customs charges and brokerage fees that they don't realize are coming in many cases. Integrating those at the point of sale would help. That said, China seems to have a huge advantage on shipping prices that we can't compete with in the USA. As long as that exists, our exports are heading down, not up.

I calculated on line the cost to mail a small object in a standard envelope and the price ranged from .71 to .93, However, when I mailed it at the post office counter it cost $2.54! What accounts for the difference??

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Millions of US residents have no bank account and limited internet access. They frequently pay exorbitant fees for simple financial transactions. Implementing these proposals would help them greatly and provide the USPS with additional revenue.

• Reply to: Postal Service Customer Service Is It Working for You?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Hi Dear
    Why my package is still in Hollywood ????
    Same day I receive package I refuse and Return to Sender, may 23 and today Day is june 2 is 10 days all ready and nothing new , please if you guys no sender they no give me my money back ok

PLEASE RETURN TO SENDER OK

• Reply to: Keepin’ It Simple?   1 month 3 weeks ago

As we know that shipping costs are so complex and its not that much easy to calculate the price which make customers very sick. so there must be flat rate shipping so that its easy to understand.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Please save our post offices

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I totally support the Postal Service, its vital to this nations growth. FedEx and UPS can't begin to perform the services that the USPS does and at no where close tot he cost. We should all be calling our idiot congress people and telling them to get their heads out of their arshes and stop the stupid postal service bill that has them paying for medical coverage for workers not born yet, that is just stupid!! Only could our congress pass such a law, they don't even read what they put forward, idiots! We have to demand more from these clowns, for once get something right!

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I feel the American people deserve to keep our U.S Postal Service. There is no reason to dismantle this critical institution. We all depend on our convenient postal infrastructure. Privatization would be a disruption for all of us and should be avoided at all costs. The postal service must be restored to the its prior levels.
    I am very concerned about the recent efforts to destroy our U. S. Postal Service. The American People are being misled, the post office is able to pay its bills and is not broke. We have one of the finest systems in the world, it is a safe, accountable and uncorrupted system. It is completely unacceptable and unnecessary for our postal system to be dismantled. It is part of our infrastructure, our communities and our lives. Our postal workers are our trusted friends and neighbors. The retiree prepaid healthcare retirement should be eliminated and the overpaid funds should be returned to the postal service so it can operate as it should. This would not cost us anything, as I understand it, and it could save 120,000 to 220,000 living wage jobs. I am very concerned about this and want to ask you to do everything you can to save our postal system. Dismantling this system would truly be devastating for the American People.
    The American People deserve the safe, secure, integrated and accountable system that we have always depended on, the postal service we have always known. I think expanding payroll check cashing, domestic electronic money transfers between post offices, and walk-up bill paying would all be a great idea.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

i support the great postal services the people of this country have now and deserve to have going forward. We cannot afford to lose these services and lose jobs the USPS provides for middle class americans. We have lost so much to privatized businesses and outsourcing , we cannot afford to lose anymore. The growth of financial services other than the issuance of money orders would be a great way to keep the jobs ant the post office and help middle income americans at the same time.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I'm glad the office of inspector general found out that closing the post office(s) would be wrong for the public. I use it and I do not want it to go to the highest bidder just because the people running the business of delivering mail can't manage the mail correctly. Its been a long time since its been screwed up so the time to fix it is now. Don't punish the public or the workers they did not do this. Inspector General please don't play politics and help fix it. Thanks.

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Hi, I noticed that your package recently got delivered since it had arrived at the ISC San Francisco around April 20th. I have a package from Japan that has been stuck at the ISC San Fran since April 10th. Did you get any justification as to why your package was delayed? I'm worried about my package. I had the seller from Japan start an investigation with JP Post but they have not finished. I'm hoping my package resurfaces to my city just like yours did.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I believe that the Post Office should expand services into banking and any other service which will generate revenue. I do not want to see service diminish. I am against cuts in service and I am against privatization of the Postal Service

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

P.S.: Scratch the non-profit part.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

It makes sense for the Postal Service to provide non-profit financial services.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I completely support Postal banking services - the post office should be the only basic financial services provider considered "too big to fail"

Why was the package bin locked this morning at Arlington Texas and at Irving Texas P.O.? This is very frustrating!

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I support the expansion of postal banking, both in order to generate revenue to support the Post Service, and to provide accessible, affordable financial services, especially to the many people who do not have bank accounts.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I believe that the USPS should look into other added ways to increase its revenue. I think that offices should be open on Saturday, but that the mail delivery on Saturday is not necessary. No official business can be done on Saturday, although we are seeing banks open on Saturday now.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

The U. S. Postal Service (USPS) provides a critical service to American citizens. It should be fully funded as a matter of course and should be restored to the staffing levels and service locations that existed prior to the cuts that resulted in the closures of facilities and reduced service hours in local post offices. The USPS is a trusted institution and must be preserved and it's services expanded; one such service expansion could be within the realm of not-for-profit financial services, which would provide great benefit to those underserved by for-profit financial institutions.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

USPS can provide banking-like services for those without bank accounts (yes, there are many without bank accounts in the US) and the USPS can do this without competing with local and regional banks. The unbanked have no way to effectively transfer (in or out) funds without fees that often may run to 25% or more of the amount being transferred.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I think it is a great idea. Increasing services can only help secure the prolonged financial viability of the Postal Service and that is something that is essential. I think a strong USPS is something this country must fight to protect and it is critical to our nation's services. A lot of people rely on it, and anything you can do to increase ease and access is a fantastic idea.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 weeks ago

This idea is a no-brainer. The Postal Service should have the flexibility to provide new consumer products and services--a flexibility that was banned by Congress in 2006. It is now against the law for workers in post offices to notarize or make copies of documents; to cash checks; to deliver wine or beer; or to engage in e-commerce activities (like scanning physical mail into a PDF and sending it through e-mail, selling non-postal products on the Internet or even offering a non-commercial e-mail service).

Also, 2006 legislation required the Postal Service to prefund, over a 10-year period, 75 years of future retiree health benefits. This unprecedented burden--$5.5 billion a year-- (which no other business is required to do) is responsible for all of the financial losses posted by the Postal Service since October 2012. Without prefunding, the Postal Service would have made a $623 million profit last year. Excluding the prefunding mandate, the Postal Service estimates it will make more than $1 billion in profits this year. This is not surprising, since the Postal Service made a combined profit of $9 billion from 2003-06, before the prefunding mandate took effect.

I wholly support any and all attempts to strengthen and expand the USPS.