• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   3 weeks 1 day ago

Hello Taylor,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

Although this incident does not fall within the jurisdiction of our offices, please call and file a complaint with the Postal Service Office of Consumer Affairs at 800-275-8777. By doing this, you will provide them with the information needed to look into this occurrence.

• Reply to: The $3.6 Billion Dollar Brand   3 weeks 2 days ago

If you want people to see the USPS as reliable or convenient, maybe you shouldn't run an ad campaign about how it is so much easier to schedule a pick up and have your carrier take your package rather than deliver it to the post office when the mail carriers refuse to pick up packages. I've been trying to schedule pick ups for two weeks now and each time they carrier leaves the package in the door. To add insult to this, I then receive an e-mail telling me the package was successfully picked up.

• Reply to: Ideas on the Doorstep   3 weeks 2 days ago

Like the stamp at the start of this article.
    Make it real.
    Use it to communicate the new USPS to the public.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   3 weeks 3 days ago

I had same thing happen to me. Medication was labeled as delivered and I have no recourse with the Express Scripts the Mail Order Medication Company, They take the word of USPS. When you call USPS they take information and never followed though. The head of Consumer Affairs has no email address and one has to write a letter and then get no response. THE USPS is broken.

• Reply to: Ideas on the Doorstep   3 weeks 3 days ago
    Hi,

Hi,
    I frequently purchase products form a local company ( about 25 miles ) near my home. I live in Sturgeon, MO, and the comapany I order from is in Columbia, MO.

Every package sent to me from Columbia, MO first goes to either Hazelwood, MO, or Kansas City and then all the way to Columbia, MO before being sent to my local ( Sturgeon ) PostOffice.

It has taken several days for a single small package to make it 25 miles.

This is very inefficient because the package ends up being hauled aover 300 miles instead of the 25 miles it actuall only needed to go.

Why is this? It can't be because of a "need" to be "sorted" at either locations because I think all post offices have scanners and it's a simple matter to update the software and same millions of wasted miles of hauling items.

• Reply to: The $3.6 Billion Dollar Brand   3 weeks 5 days ago

Part of our "brand" is the annual report of most trusted governmental agencies. We are always at the top. The part of our "brand" which gets us this rating is the men and women on the front line. They are the clerks and carriers who are USPS to our customers.

Our brand is unique. We depend on customer's satisfaction with our product. Depending on the situation a customer can be a sender or a receiver. We have the opportunity to increase or destroy our brand at both end of every transaction. Too often this simple truism is lost in the babble of mandatory reports, constant turnover of initiatives and old fashioned CYA. Our "brand' is taking a beating because it appears we have lost our way. It appears we suck up to only one type of customer and blow off a range of others.....This makes no sense. Protect the brand and success will come.

• Reply to: The $3.6 Billion Dollar Brand   4 weeks 2 hours ago

The usps should brand itself, "we will get it there on time, MAYBE! Refer to case #140831-000046. I sent a legal document that was time sensitive on December 30, 2014. I received it back as nondeliverableon January 27, 2015. On the envelope it was written--not in suite 212E. The reason that there were not in suite 212E was because there were in suite 112E. If the postal employee had really looked at the address, he would have known they are in suite 112E. I called and complained and asked that someone come topics up the letter and get it delivered. I spoke with someone named Terri and she wrote up the complaint. Terri said someone would call me within 48 hours. I received a voice mail 72 hours later from someone named Betty. She left a message with a phone number. I couldn't understand half of what she said. When I called the number I was told there was no such person there. It was theorist office where initially mailed the letter from. It was the same post office who said I would have to pay to again send it registered mail. The biggest joke is on your web site it emphasizes RELIABILITY! Like I said in my opening, "we will get it there on time MAYBE! From now on I will send my Christmas cards ,Easter cards, birthday cards, anniversary cards all electronically. If I need to send a legal document it will go FedX. I know you have a relationship with UPS so I won't send it using them because you might get a piece of the action. I will also let all my relatives and friends know about my experience and for them to send me cards electronically. I know that isnot much revenue that you lose, but bad word-of-mouth seems to have an impact and a tendency to go viral. I will direct them to your advertisement about what good customer service you have.

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   4 weeks 3 hours ago

Everyone should try to avoid using the post office at all costs. I've had 5 packages returned to sender. And meanwhile ups has delivered right to my door without fail. Usps employees clearly don't care if you get your package. You should try to send your packages to your workplace, assuming either ups or fed ex delivers directly to your employer

• Reply to: The $3.6 Billion Dollar Brand   4 weeks 1 day ago

the oig website needs to be revamped. It looks bland and like a boring audit website. Most people I know go to the website looking for investigative related material

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   1 month 18 hours ago

Thank you for your time and effort.

• Reply to: What should be the top priority for capital investment?   1 month 1 day ago

Postal banking, please!

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   1 month 1 day ago

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this issue. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

Although this issue does not fall within the jurisdiction off our office, we have forwarded it to the U.S Postal Service Office of Customer Service. Their office will be able to look further into this issue.

• Reply to: Are Contract Postal Units and Village Post Offices the Post Office of the Future?   1 month 1 day ago

Hello Paula,

The primary responsibility of the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General is to prevent, detect, and report fraud, waste and misconduct; and to conduct independent audits and investigations of Postal Service programs and operations to ensure their efficiency and integrity.

The issues raised in your correspondence do not fall within the jurisdiction of this office. However, if you use the contact information below detailing your request, they should be able to assist you:

United States Postal Service
    Consumer & Contact Industry Office
    (800) ASK-USPS or (800-275-8777)

My parcel is arrived in Seoul, Incheon international airport on 1/25/15 at 12:54 a.m., but it still hasn't delivered yet. I don't know why it takes so long time to deliver within South Korea. My USPS tracking # is CW887859790US. It's international priority mail.

• Reply to: What do you think was the top postal story of 2014?   1 month 1 day ago

I am glad there is still someone who's willing to response to this issue. That really makes my day!
    However, it did not help solve problem!
    I tracked my package yesterday and it shows they are sending it back to China after 2 months' travelling throughout USA!!!
    I called, and it seems you guys are all good at playing soccer, and again I was kicked to a non-humanoid! Waited and waited for over half an hour, no human answer my phone!
    OK, I have this thing called a job, if I waste my time on waiting a "hopefully existing" human customer service representative, who's going to do my job!
    Hopefully my package can be safe back to China, the storm Juno really worries me!

Hello Dr. Bob,

However, we have forwarded your claim to the Postal Service Customer Service Office in an effort to assist you.

Also, please call and file a complaint with your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (305) 470-0890 or (305) 470-0801.

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   1 month 1 day ago

Hello Med Kassin,

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

HelloLiang Shao,

Thank you for taking the time to contact our offices. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS). We have forwarded your claim to the Postal Service Customer Service Office in an effort to assist you.

Also, please file a complaint online at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form. By completing this form it will provide our offices with the critical information needed to look further into this matter.

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

• Reply to: Do you find flexibility policies helpful or harmful in your workplace?   1 month 1 day ago

Hello DL Crawford,

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

• Reply to: Delivery and Safety: A Two-Way Street   1 month 1 day ago

Hello Adrienne,

Please file an complaint online at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form. By completing this form it will provide our offices with the critical information needed to look further into this matter.

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

• Reply to: Are Contract Postal Units and Village Post Offices the Post Office of the Future?   1 month 2 days ago

Could you send me specific information on How to become a Contract Postal Unit? Thanks

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   1 month 2 days ago

I ship, sometimes weekly, often to Thailand. Usually priority mail.

Your recent Miami "services upgrade" has seriously delayed packages getting to the ISC. I tried three different PO's after my first delay experience, all in January 2015. First priority mail package, arrived at ISC four days after it was dropped off at PO(Flagler). The second package was dropped off early AM at 33173: three days to get to ISC. The third package was dropped off in the early AM at South Miami, Tuesday the 21st. It was logged in on the 24th at ISC.

In all cases, priority tracking did not start till arrival at ISC. The tracking shows "pre-paid created," then 3-4 days later "arrival at ISC". In all cases I submitted the Click-N-Ship packages at the counter, with an acceptance receipt. Ina ll cases, not even the acceptance now shows up on the tracking. Trying to hide the delays?

This problem appeared recently, packages shiped pre-December 2014 showed 12-24 hours to get from accepting Miami PO to ISC.

Now it takes longer to get from the accepting MIami PO to ISC than it does to get through the ISC and to Thailand! Four packages out of four in January 2015

• Reply to: Keepin’ It Simple?   1 month 2 days ago

From a customer service perspective it is impossible to answer the basic question of "How much to send this" without a pos terminal. From the commercial perspective when cost variables are within a key strokes reach the cost best serves the sender and unfortunately is also ripe for abuse. There is no cut & dry measure that can address the idiosyncratic public we serve. If it fits it ships may be simple in theory but still complicated when associated with the various zone changes. Commercial Base Pricing benefits the business but remains unverified to the delivery person since the matrix is not able to be scanned or even audited allowing an honor system on customer derived postage and this is not allowed to the general public who still must weigh and pay at a retail window. If we level the playing field, treat the post office as a universal service and assign costs in parity there would be less confusion and more acceptance

• Reply to: Keepin’ It Simple?   1 month 2 days ago

The large flat rate box should be the same size as the number 7 box. Adjust the price accordingly. You need to eliminate the regional A, B and C boxes. It is too difficult to explain how to use them to retail customers.

The rate fold 123 needs to have more than one version. There should be one strictly for retail prices that we can hand to customers or put all the retail info in the front so that we could tear them out for retail customers. The current version includes all of the various price structures that the average consumer can't use.

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   1 month 2 days ago

I'm finding myself getting frustrated as the days go by and no one seem to know where is my package. It has a very important documents and I need it returned to me since it was delivered to the wrong address. The package has a tracking number and the notice says it will return back to the sender if the appropriate address is included. I have been waiting for over 10 days now . I there a way I can track it to re office in DC where it's now and I will pick it up myself ?