• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   4 weeks 23 hours ago

Hi. One day the postman knocked on my door and handed it to me, and that was it. I guess that was all there was to it. It's a crapshoot. I got this package, but the registered mail from Germany is still missing. They deleted the tracking info from the site. I had both senders start an investigation/inquiry. So far, no news from Germany. It's very frustrating being helpless like this. If you haven't yet, I hope you get your package soon. Good luck.

• Reply to: Postal Service Customer Service Is It Working for You?   1 month 1 hour ago

no comment just two questions. I need to know the rules of home delivery.
    If you have a package delivered, are they supposed to put it on your porch if it doesn't fit in the mail box? OR do they leave it on the ground next to the mail box?

If you have mail to be picked up and your flag is up, are they supposed to stop and get it or do they only stop to get the mail if they have mail to deliver?

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 5 hours ago

What an economic boon it would be to my low-income community to have low- or no-cost banking services provided at our local Post Office! Sometimes (even in this high-tech age) the old ways are the best ways.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 19 hours ago

Our mail carrier turns around in our driveway to go back down road for more deliveries...the problem is they are wrecking our culvert by turning into too sharp. Is there anyway to request them to not turn into our drive? I put out driveway stakes with reflectors on...today it had been run over.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 22 hours ago

This is a win-win for both the post office and for low income citizens. Not to mention those in rural locations. These services should be offered in the P.O. as soon as possible.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 23 hours ago

Dear Moderator- That does not help at all. I live in the same area as this person and Consumer affairs simply routes the complaint to the local postmaster who then ignores it.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 23 hours ago

I have the same experience that you do. I work from home and when a package is scheduled for delivery by the USPS, they never attempt delivery. Never. They always leave a notice that reads 'Sorry we missed you' which if taken literally is not true. No delivery attempts are made and I am forced to drive more than 20 miles to pick up the package that I paid the USPS to deliver to my door. Have I complained officially? Yes. Many times. I file the complaint which is routed directly to the local postmaster who promptly closes the case without contacting me or bothering to address the issue. The one time the local postmaster did address the issue, they informed me that the standard operating procedure for all packages in my area is to not attempt delivery if the mail carrier does not have room in their vehicle for all of the mail plus packages.

Bottom line? The USPS is a system of local fiefdoms where the local postmaster can do as they see fit. When you complain, they ignore it. When you complain to the postmaster general, they also ignore it. It is as if these people want to lose their jobs because I have stopped using the USPS altogether because UPS and FedEx ALWAYS deliver to my door and ON-TIME, EVERY TIME. The USPS, at least in my area, is to be avoided at all costs.

• Reply to: Postal Service Customer Service Is It Working for You?   1 month 1 day ago

I dont understand , i mail an overnight express,i track it in the middle of the night., it shows when i left at my post office,then it shows acceptance at sorting facility then less than an hour later it shows back at my local p.o. these are different zip codes and the label is a newer one , easy to tell ,to and from, this is not the first time that these same offices did the same thing causing it to not show up for days like 4 days. I overnight because i need it overnight. Why do they make such a unconcerned mistake. And the woman in chrge at my local office is just absolutely mean and says shy don't care and go ahead and report her. She told me off. Told me nothing will happen to her and she hung up on me. I wonder if i will have to deal with her again if this fails. Again. Uuggg!!!

• Reply to: Will Harry Cast a Spell on Young Stamp Collectors?   1 month 1 day ago

Not knowing a better forum to pose this question: Can a stamp image (theme) be forthcoming
    celebrating our national industry of agriculture? The fields of corn, wheat, fruits and vegetables in its grandeur of production meeting the high yield expectations of our demanding food market - farmers, marketers, machine makers, seed producers, storage operators, fertilizer producers, et al. Our blessings from their efforts and production are not celebrated enough by its (USA) citizenry. Please send this suggestion to a responsive agency.
    Thank you very much.
    Eric Soesbe
    Tullahoma, TN 37388-5229

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 2 days ago

Yes, I believe the Post Office should offer non-mail services. Paycheck cashing should be the first and probably easiest. If you offered savings accounts in the past, then I don't see why you couldn't start doing so again. You could also provide an easy way for people to purchase government and savings bonds.

I think the biggest hurdle would be getting approval to start these services, whether it's congressional or internal Postal Service approval. But these seem like good ideas, and you have a history of doing similar things in the past, so hopefully approval will actually not be that big of a hurdle.

• Reply to: Calling All Revenue-Generation Ideas   1 month 2 days ago

Realign rural routes so that territory is not covered by multiple carriers or miles are not wasted deadheading from one area of a route to another. (You can see an example of this problem on usps.com)--Amen to this! I see a carrier from Sterling entering Great Falls just to get to an area accessible only through a road on Great Falls. I deliver on the right side while she hits the homes on the left side of the street. WE both have to use the same road to get in and out???!!!! Then she goes back out of Great Falls to the rest of her route....it's at least a 5 mile trip for her BEFORE she reaches the mailbox!

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 days ago

I live in rural Eastern Washington (state) and access to financial services can be difficult at times. Banks are few and far between. Having the option of having some financial services available at post offices would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully, this would also have the benefit of keeping those post offices that are slated for closing to remain open. Unless you have lived in this area, you really do not know the importance to a town to have a post office, it functions as so much more than a place to mail a letter. It literally becomes the hub of the community. it can be a meeting place, a source of local news and information, and a driving force in the local economy. Adding financial services would strengthen an office's role in each community it serves.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 month 3 days ago

I am a perfect example of how using self serve can go bad. I was approached at the local post office by an employee as I was standing in a long line. As I had never used the self serve for express mail the employee guided me. Now at the end a very tiny piece if paper came out. Thinking it was my receipt for using my debit card,I asked the employee for my customer tear off copy d om the to and from slip thats put on the outside if the envelope that has the tracking number. The empliyee told me that when you use the machine,you are not allowed to get that copy. Not ever using the self serve before that day,I thanked him and left. The next day I wanted to track my package only to find out,that I could not,because I did not have my copy which I found out infact was suppose to receive that as I requested and the very tinyreceipt that came out of the machine must have dropped out if my pocket so I had nothing to track my very important check. Anyone using this,take a lesson from me and insist on getting YOUR copy of the custom receipt. This employee was absolutely incorrect and was suppose to give me my copy. Now the check I sent has still not been received and it was for a very very important payment,which will now jeopardizes my credit,but will also caused a big problem as a result,which has caused alot stress. We rely on the knowledge and proper training of the post office employees and this was a huge costly lesson for me. Its now 5 days and still did not arrive to the destination and I have no way to track it. The post office blamed me when I asked for their assistance,not holding the employee accoutable at all. When I specifically found out from a good source that the employee was totally incorrect. In the end, I am the one paying the price and they did not even ask anything about their employee.ost office if you are going to put your employees out on the floor to assist customers with self serve,Please make sure they are trained to do so. When we send mail out your errors could really damage us,the public.
    .'

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 days ago

I'm quite enthusiastic over USPO projected plans to expand the breadth and range of services. Citizens are looking to USGOV to give them services in retrn for their hard'earned taxed dollars. So many tax-payer dollars have slipped into the already overstuffed pockets of overpaid CEOs because they were considered too big to pay the price for their sins like tbe rest of us have to. Broader USPO Services are a way USGOV can soothe our ruffled patriotic Bald Eagle feathers!

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 days ago

This is a great idea; hopefully USPS can also expand in other directions. The Post Office belongs to all of us. Let's keep it that way.
    Peace and Good,
    Jerry

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 3 days ago

If there were a public, non-profit postal bank that could accept deposits and facilitate (electronically and hard copy) funds transfers, payments and other debits, I would immediately transfer my account there. On a national scale, it means that no matter where I moved, my bank could be my nearest postal branch of appropriate size to handle banking functions. I am on social security now, so why shouldn't my monthly benefit payment go easily from SSA to USPS bank--no need to involve the private banksters in the process. Perhaps I would be able to handle my taxes i n the same way. I TRUST the USPS in a way I will NEVER trust private banks. I encourage USPS to think in terms of facilitating the movement of all kinds of information in service to the public good.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 4 days ago

I am a retired federal employee. I strongly support the US Postal Service but I do not favor the post office offering so many ancillary services. Most lines already are so long at every post office you go to to mail a package, get stamps, or pick up mail. A typical transaction today at the counter takes twice or three times as long as it used to when the PO just sold stamps and excepted packages. Other services should be provided by a separate agency monitored by the government to make sure it doesn't rip off people like Amscot does. Mail services should remain with the federal government and there is no excuse why our PO can't be self supporting the way it was before making it a quasi-federal agency.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 month 4 days ago

Can you use the self serve shipping console to ship a box of books via the media rate?

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 4 days ago

I strongly support the expansion of the USPS into financial services as a viable business line that would offer expanded and valuable customer services, especially to sectors of American society that now lack low or no-cost mechanisms for fiscal transactions. The development of credit union-type savings and micro-loan programs are badly needed by the working poor as an alternative to predatory businesses that thrive from their misery.

This expansion of services would be a great public service, consistent with the USPS mission. The proposed mission expansion has worked quite well around the world; if properly constructed and managed, it should do likewise here.

• Reply to: Getting in on the Global Action   1 month 4 days ago

Need to make the entire process easier for International buyers. They are hit with customs charges and brokerage fees that they don't realize are coming in many cases. Integrating those at the point of sale would help. That said, China seems to have a huge advantage on shipping prices that we can't compete with in the USA. As long as that exists, our exports are heading down, not up.

I calculated on line the cost to mail a small object in a standard envelope and the price ranged from .71 to .93, However, when I mailed it at the post office counter it cost $2.54! What accounts for the difference??

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 4 days ago

Millions of US residents have no bank account and limited internet access. They frequently pay exorbitant fees for simple financial transactions. Implementing these proposals would help them greatly and provide the USPS with additional revenue.

• Reply to: Postal Service Customer Service Is It Working for You?   1 month 4 days ago

Hi Dear
    Why my package is still in Hollywood ????
    Same day I receive package I refuse and Return to Sender, may 23 and today Day is june 2 is 10 days all ready and nothing new , please if you guys no sender they no give me my money back ok

PLEASE RETURN TO SENDER OK

• Reply to: Keepin’ It Simple?   1 month 4 days ago

As we know that shipping costs are so complex and its not that much easy to calculate the price which make customers very sick. so there must be flat rate shipping so that its easy to understand.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 4 days ago

Please save our post offices