• Reply to: What is most important to you when you visit a Post Office?   5 days 3 hours ago

I agree with all of the above comments, with one additional comet. I am a proud USPS SSA. It disgusts me the way the management "teams" conduct business. Some executive in Washington came up with some unexplainable system to give SASs credit for waiting on customers who are not purchasing any products and this is supposed to report how many clerks are needed on the window. THE SYSTEM IS FLAWED! If I wait. On a customer who wants information on getting a passport i get credit for about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. But I work at a city Main Post Office and the majority of our passport information sessions can take up to 1/2 hour because the customer does not speak or understand english very well. Using the USPS "system" i can only be credited with 2 1/2 minutes of work which took me 30 minutes. So mamangement uses these unrealistic numbers to tell us the window operation only "earns" 1 clerk at any given time giving the the green light to cut clearks AND work stations. i challenge the new PMG and her "Executive Leadership Team" to come and do my job in the time frames they have given us. It is unrealistic and cutting your nose off to spite your face. And my office is a Premier office which is a joke - they HAVE NO TRAINING OR STAFF TO USE THE SO CALLED TOOLS.

I agree with other customers the wait time and poor customer relations. Training will help in some areas and someone to supervise the retail operation that has sales skills as well as Customer relations. Supervisor should stand in line posing as a customer. Put themselves in the customer position and listen to the customer. Sweep the lobby and let them know they care for you and want your business. What can I do for you today. Eliminate the retail clerks from just saying NEXT, how rude is that. Smile would help dress professional sometimes I wonder if they slept in their clothing??????

I'm tired of bringing my child in to the post office and hearing cussing and talk of a sexual nature.

MINIMIZE THE WAIT TIME! Hire more clerks at busy post offices, like the downtown Berkeley Post Office, so that people, myself included, do not have to wait for 1/2 hour to get served!!!!

Having enough clerks to actually help you.

It is important to me that the facility is well lit, clean, organized and has ample of stock and stamps on hand. The inside and outside should well kept - look inviting; not dingy and dirty.
    We need to come up with an absolute way to reduce the customer’s wait-time-in-line and to correct the behavior/attitudes of some of the individuals who are servicing them. There should be a mandated annual training that the Sales & Service Associate (SSA's) and their managers must take that teach them customer etiquette. A customer gets frustrated after just 2 minutes in line and to have to deal with an unprofessional representative of the USPS takes them over the top.
    I only (prefer) to conduct my personal business at two Postal facility in my commuting area. The reason being is that they meet the criteria’s that I listed above. If the line is long, the customers wait patiently because the USPS staff there treats their customer in way that keeps them coming back.

My local post office reduced hours and I never know when to go. Too far to go to another town. Every town needs its post office open all day. As a small business I cant be driving out of my county looking for a post office that is open, only to stand in a long line.

• Reply to: Have you used the new Retail Systems Software (RSS)?   6 days 19 hours ago

What functionality improvement within RSS is most beneficial to the Postal Service? Does RSS lack any functions?