• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   21 hours 54 min ago

I was really disappointed when I learned that the USPS had intentionally create and distributed philatelic rarities. I believe the USPS should be seeking to create an even playing field rather than creating an imbalance.

All in all it was a bad decision.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   22 hours 39 min ago

I appreciate being able to comment.
    Unlike the naysayers, I believe the right-side-up Jenny "error" is good for the hobby, despite it being against regulations. I bought 10 of the sheets hoping to find the error, but alas, I did not. Still, I didn't mind spending the $120 although I called a halt after buying the last one. I shared the sheets with other collectors including one in South Africa, keeping only one for myself.

I think of the right-side-up panes as new stimuli for the hobby. With stamp collectors' magazines to major daily newspapers publishing stories of the people who were fortunate to buy the error, the hobby benefited by its possible attraction to new collectors. I am 80, having collected since my early teens, and enjoying all of it.

Bill Baab, Augusta, Georgia

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   1 day 15 hours ago

If it true that " Some [error] panes were inappropriately given to collectors by Stamp Fullfillment Services as gift, we have a very serious ethical problem!

I would like to see more engraved stamps which required the exceptional talent of a trained engraver rather than more uninteresting labels.

Thanks!

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   1 day 16 hours ago

I still do not know if the remaining sheets are or have been released into the mainstream or are still being held at Kansas City. I had purchased about 30 of the sheets and will no longer trust the usps going forward. Even the aftermath is being secretive and being bungled by the usps. I expected this fraud tto be met with contriteness . I also think the usps should be telling customers that were defrauded that they can return any unused complete sheets which they were fooled into purchasing for a refund or at least a credit to their accounts! Stanley Mazur 9/3/15.

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   1 day 20 hours ago

I've waited on my package to come from China All the way to Chicago & unfortunately USPS says my address is incorrect and just sends my package back to sender and I'm very upset because half of the time they don't answer the phone and rude ! Then I'm upset because one simple number is wrong and I have proof it's my package and everything and still sending MY ! Package back like its my money it's my things ! What the hell ? How you gone tell me what to do with my package my money I spent ?!

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   1 day 23 hours ago

I feel used and abused by this whole mess. I live in a small town in Northern Wisconsin. I assumed a level playing field in the program. I have purchased over 400 packets of the stamp. When we were told randomly distributed I took that to mean exactly what it said. Then I found the 70% of these went to "major" markets and some were held out and just given out to customers. That is sure not a level playing field
    I am now thinking back to what was done with the mess that Postmaster Farley with the imperforate stamps were created and later what was done when the Dag Hammarskjold error stamps came out.
    I think that the postal service should do another run of the stamps with the center upright, sell them over the counter at the Post Offices, and just call it a day. This program was certainly not fair to all customers. Shame on the USPS

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 1 hour ago

Thank you very much for your response. I wouldn't normally question the cost of a commemorative print run. However, the creation of the 100 non-inverts necessitated the unnecessary creation of an entirely new press run, complete with a new printing sleeve, set-up, the actual press run and clean up, which would run into the thousands of dollars for 100 items.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Hi Tom, just to clarify, the Office of Inspector General is operating and responding to this blog, not the Postal Service. We are an oversight agency that is independent from the Postal Service. As such, we are interested in the opinions and viewpoints of collectors and customers. Several other comments have addressed the face value of the stamp, as well as the practical use of collector stamp issuances.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Mike, thanks for your comments. It’s interesting to compare and contrast the varied responses by collectors.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Thanks for your comments, Fred. During our audit, we did not find that the stamps given away were Postal employees or relatives of Postal employees. As our report states, the OIG also took issue with giving away stamps.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Soakable stamps and the frequent issuance of stamps are common themes from collectors who’ve responded to the blog. Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion, P.B.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Michael, thanks for your comments. Another outcry for the soakable stamps. It’s nice to know so many collectors have united thoughts on this subject matter.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Thanks for taking the time to share your viewpoints, Joseph. The blog responses have been as varied as your mixed emotions indicate.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Hi Ken. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Several collectors have written about similar issues regarding stamp availability at the Post Office retail counter. We retain blog comments for potential future audits or reviews.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Thank you for sharing your concerns, Steve. We’ve received several comments on the Circus stamps.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Thanks for your suggestions, Bill. The Postal Service is currently developing a plan to address the remaining Un-Inverted Jenny stamp sheets held in inventory. It may be costly to return all the stamp inventory in the retail units, since the Un-Inverted is comingled with the Inverted.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Hi Stanley. At the time of our audit, 23 Un-Inverted Jenny stamp sheets remained in inventory at the Stamp Fulfillment Services. The Postal Service is currently developing a plan to address the remaining inventory by August 31, 2015. Additionally, at the time of our audit, 57 stamp sheets remained in circulation and could potentially be purchased through Post Office retail locations.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Thanks, Wayne. We’ve received multiple comments on the face value of the stamps. Good to know what’s on people’s minds.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Tom, 70 of the stamp sheets were distributed to Post Office retail locations. At the time of our audit, 57 remained for sale. 30 of the stamp sheets were held in inventory at the Stamp Fulfillment Services. Because the 30 were held in a separate, secure location, the stamp sheets were readily identifiable when fulfilling orders.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Thanks for your comments, Craig. Soakable stamps have a big support among collectors.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this blog, Gilbert. 57 Un-Inverted Jenny stamp sheets remain in circulation at Post Office retail units. 23 Un-Inverted Jenny stamp sheets are at the Stamp Fulfillment Services and the Postal Service is developing a plan on how to deal with the inventory by August 31, 2015.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Hi Edward. Thanks for your comments. We’ve noted that many collectors have expressed displeasure over the face value of the stamps.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Thanks for your comments, Jerome. 70 of the 100 Un-Inverted Jenny stamp sheets were distributed to Post Office retail counters. At the time of the audit, 13 were sold and registered and 57 remained available for sale. 30 of the 100 Un-Inverted Jenny stamp sheets were held in inventory at the Stamp Fulfillment Services and, at the time of our audit, 7 were registered and 23 remained in inventory.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Hi Stewart. The blog is in response to the audit report issued by the OIG’s Office of Audit. Our objective was not to discipline employees. The OIG’s Office of Investigations is appropriately addressing those issues.

• Reply to: Jenny Come Lately   2 days 2 hours ago

Lev, you are another advocate for soakable stamps. Thanks for taking the time to express your opinions. Again, many collectors share some of your opinions.