• Reply to: Postal Senior Service?   9 hours 19 min ago

All of the services that you mention have been suggested in the past by postal employees...both craft and management - even within the last 2 to 3 years. However, it seems that if a suggestion, such as those you propose here, are presented to postal management they reach a dead end and usually fall upon deaf ears. I have been retired since 2007 but even before I retired I submitted a great national cost saving suggestion to my PM and never received any response at all...other than watching my suggestion being implemented, by that same postmaster, nationally, just a little more than a year later.

If an employee submits a good valid suggestion please...keep that suggestion on file and give credit where credit is due if that suggestion is implemented...even partially. It is not fair for USPS managers to receive credit for a suggestion that they did not really give birth to.

• Reply to: Undeliverable as Addressed Costs More than You Think   1 day 22 hours ago

The pitiful truth about the UAA "article" above is that USPS implies the problem lies solely with the sender/recipient, but if you search online for "UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED," you'll see numerous instances where the USPS was clearly at fault, usually sorting errors, and placed on the wrong truck. This leads to angst on the part of the *customers* of USPS, that is, the sender and the recipient, and when the customers come to the USPS website for help, they read this nonsense about how there's no fault on the part of USPS, and it's going to "cost more than you think." Rubbish.

USPS, you need to correct this article to reflect the WHOLE truth.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 days 14 hours ago

Holy crap, what a story! Riveting, but terrible. I just wanted to chime in in regards to the whole automated system they have set up. Recently, when a package disappeared I too attempted to get past the automated system and found it impossible. What made it even more frustrating (and downright CREEPY) was the fact that when I hung up and called back, it asked me "Are you calling about tracking number ******?" So it recorded that I had called and what I had called about, and since it knew what I'd already been told, it basically told me to chill and stop tying up their phone lines. I was not in any way amused by this. I how your customer eventually got her package.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   3 days 4 hours ago

The kiosk used to ask you to enter the zip code, but now you have to type in the entire address. Takes too long and if you make a mistake typing, it takes even longer.

Why bother to write or type up an address label, if you have to type the entire thing in again at the kiosk? It used to be fast and easy. Why make it harder and more complicated?

If the Post Office is going to waste my time this way, then I may as well stand on line. I will not use the kiosks unless I only have to type in my zip code again.

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   5 days 5 hours ago

This is likely the best opportunity the USPS have for staying relevant and is most fitting with its role.

We live in a nomadic society.

There is universal support and demand. The notion is decades old. This article itself is years old.

What does it take to make a universally needed and desired offering available?

• Reply to: Chart Toppers and Late Bloomers   6 days 10 hours ago

For the last two years the APWU has submitted a request to release a Stamp of the President Emeritus of the American Postal Workers Union AFL-CIO Mr. Morris " Moe" Biller the champion of workers rights, women's rights, civil rights, and human rights for over two decades. The inspiration from past leaders is important to the workers movement today. Though Moe Biller has met all the criteria set by the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee they chose not to recommend his commemorative stamp. There is a strong workers movement right now that would support this kind of leadership stamp. It is time to start recognizing labor leaders that have made a diffrence in the worker's life.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   6 days 11 hours ago

The post office will not deliver any mail to a rental house I own, which used to be my primary residence. My friends just moved in and have not received mail. On my street, our mailboxes are on the house. My neighbors are getting mail. I've seen the mail carrier drive by and stop at my neighbors. My friends went to the post office and they were told no mail is being delivered and the worker stated "for no specific reason". No specific reason? Seriously? What a joke. Typical government employees. I'm looking up how to file a complaint with the inspector general.

• Reply to: Undeliverable as Addressed Costs More than You Think   1 week 10 hours ago

this is the second time this year that I have made a complaint against the USPS. the first time one of there employees just left the package in the second floor hallway, it was stolen. i keep telling the USPS to put my packages in the gate on the ground floor, the first floor. the post office use to leave pink slips and take your package back to the post office. not any more. my husband was out in the front yard Saturday , july 18,2015 waiting for my package, and I was tracking it on the computer every hour one the same day. when I checked the tracking at 5:30 pm it said that the package was delivered. HOW WAS THAT POSSIBLE !!! the first time this happened my husband ran into the USPS delivery employee and asked him why he put my package in the hallway on the second floor , when it clearly states that I live on the 1st floor. the USPS employee told my husband that if he didn't like the way the mail was delivered , we should pick it up at the post office. I called our local post office the next morning and told the lady what happened she took all my information , but NEVER called me back. I think that when a package is delivered we should sign for it , or a pink slip should left in the mail box for us to pick it up at the post office , like it use to be done. WHERE IS MY PACKAGE ?? THIS WILL BE MY LAST TIME DEALING WITH THE USPS !!

• Reply to: Chart Toppers and Late Bloomers   1 week 10 hours ago

The US Postal Service, as do all national postal operators, has a tremendous impact on human communications through its philatelic issues. Stamps move not only mail, they‘move people, through connections with human events whether historical, personal or global.

And while the new Elvis stamp is a great example of these connections, the US Postal Service actually has a significant, and unique opportunity for the United States of America to connect the world through a Global Message for Peace.

A proposal has been sent to the White House and the USPS Stamp Advisory Committee detailing this opportunity which describes a major multi-national joint philatelic issue to extend a message for peace around the world and in doing so reconfirm the US’s commitment to humankind.

• Reply to: No Time like the Present   1 week 14 hours ago

Holiday Shopping has been denied me by the United States Postal Service since they are determined not to forward my mail to me. I am a frugal holiday shopper on a disability income who went to Texas to help a family member in the hospital. After two weeks, i went online and entered a stop to my forwarded mail. i then went to the local post office and filled out a forward mail to my home address here in North Carolina, which the Postal Service directed me to do. That was the last week in June. It is now July 20th, and I have not received one piece of mail. I have called the local Postal Service twice, physically visited it twice, and called the main postal service with verbal assurance that I would see mail the next day. That was two weeks ago. I am on a mission to find the highest resource to correct this problem. I want to know who has my mail and I want to know why I have been so inconvenienced by the United States Postal Service.!

• Reply to: Undeliverable as Addressed Costs More than You Think   1 week 1 day ago

No, I didn't. I tried to look on the web how you can file a complain about this kind of issue but couldn't find anything relevant. That USPS blog was pretty much all I could find to vent... I guess USPS doesn't want to make it too easy for customers to file complaints as they may be overwhelmed with these pretty quickly...

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 week 2 days ago

The Fairfield Ohio post office on Wessel Drive ,45014 is unreliable. My package was stated as being out for delivery today online by the USPS and it was not delivered. This is not the first time something has been lost in the mail here. Someone that's a crook is working in this post office is my opinion.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 week 2 days ago

I am in the 33704 area my post man will not take mt return prepaid boxe . He drops off the mail and then dies not cone back. How do I report thus??

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   1 week 2 days ago

I wonder if USPS should consider hiring ex-FedEx and/or ex-UPS sorting employees to improve their services. What a problem and mess. I wonder if ISC center has cameras to keep an eye on all their employees. I would also be great if The United States provide them with X-rays machines, I'm sure it will improve their operations much quicker.

• Reply to: Undeliverable as Addressed Costs More than You Think   1 week 3 days ago

Did you file any complaint?

• Reply to: Should the Postal Service Monitor Packaging Supplies?   1 week 3 days ago

I spent half an hour using the USPS search engine to try to find guidelines or regulations on the use of the "free" shipping supplies (boxes and mailers) provided by USPS. I googled for another hour and still could not find a statement with guidelines, penalties or anything else. If it's there, it's very hard to find (I'm still looking).

This issue comes up frequently on eBay and there are many sellers using bubble mailers and boxes as internal packing instead of buying packing materials but, without a definitive statement from USPS, it's difficult to have a discussion with the many who justify misuse of materials or who claim that USPS says it's okay to use these as internal packing.

Could we get something in writing please that not only 1) clarifies what we can and can't do but which also 2) says something about the impact on USPS of this very widespread practice not only of using these as packing materials, but as household storage containers or garage sale boxes on a large scale and 3) which specifies penalties for misuse.

• Reply to: Undeliverable as Addressed Costs More than You Think   1 week 4 days ago

Just had this happen to a package I know good and well had the right address written legibly. I've shipped to this customer on numerous occasions and had this happen with him one other time. Definitely not my fault or his. That only leaves one option: USPS incompetence.

Costly indeed.

• Reply to: Stamp Vending Machines   1 week 4 days ago

I doubt any private vending machine company will be willing to use machines that accept pennies. Unless the postage rate is made to be a multiple of 5 cents, or stamps are only sold in multiples of 5, the machines the rest of the vending industry uses will not work to sell stamps, and custom machines will need to be made that accept pennies and give them as change, or laws that do not allow the mark-up of stamps will need to be relaxed to allow those cents to be overlooked. I suspect this is why custom machines had to be used in the past, and why those machines proved less reliable than standard vending machines. I have an emotional attachment to pennies, but if we as a nation want stamp vending machines in our post offices, we may have to, as a nation, say goodbye to the penny. :(

• Reply to: Network Consolidation: It Takes Two … Phases   1 week 5 days ago

Two days to for a local first class letter to be delivered is absurd. The volume is down you say, so delivery time increases?? I mail a letter today, it is postmarked at the distribution center today but it comes back to my town 2 days later. Previously it came back the next morning for delivery. And you say we won't notice??

I am just glad that my dad is DEAD. He was a thirty year employee of the USPS and I'm glad he is not living to see what kind of service the USPS is giving today. I know, that if he were still alive, he would be ashamed to let anyone know that he had ever been associated with your organization.

The USPS is committing suicide.

I

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   1 week 5 days ago

A/c would help with service speed and longterm empolyment issues it getting a 115 to 120 in those llvs your giving us rual route carriers

• Reply to: An Address of One’s Own   1 week 6 days ago

I have been an address assignment contractor since 1993 in central Illinois. I feel that there is a valid reason to locate almost anyone at anytime. Most of my work, including GIS mapping of address points on 9-1-1 MASTER STREET ADDRESS GUIDE valid street centerlines is paramount in today's world. Working with my two top priorities of public safety and U S Postal Service standards has made my business a success in central Illinois. I would look forward to joining a larger group in pushing for standards in all areas needing addresssing.

• Reply to: No Time like the Present   1 week 6 days ago

I was driving by the Jericho New York U.S Post Office. I notice the flag outside was tangled, i went inside to address the issue with the staff. Within five minutes they corrected the issue with the flag. This was very pleasing for myself, being I'm a military veteran who holds the care of the flag in the highest esteem. I didn't catch the staffs name, but they should be put in for a commendation and this place in there performance file. Just wanted to personally say thanks to the morning Jericho postal staff and job well done.

• Reply to: Passing up Passport Revenue?   2 weeks 6 hours ago

We had really frustrating experience with USPS, Redmond, WA today. As per the website (iafdb.travel.state) opening time was mentioned 8:00AM.
    Hours of Passport Acceptance
    Open Lunch Start Lunch End Closed
    MONDAY 8:00:0 12:00:0 13:00:0 15:00:0

However, when we reached there, we were told that passport office starts at 9:00AM. We went home and came back at 9:00 and started waiting for office to open. We contacted USPS staff around 9:10AM and they told that they are paging the appropriate person. Another family was also waiting along with us since 9:00AM. We contacted office again at 9:25AM and they told that they are paging the supervisor then. At 9:30, someone came and told us that the passport office will be closed today.

Later we went to city court and finished application within 20 minutes. Now, I realized, I should have never gone to USPS. I see similar complaints from lot of people online. I could have saved more than 2 hours, if I would have gone to other center first rather than USPS.

• Reply to: Will you be doing your online shopping earlier this season?   2 weeks 17 hours ago

I can't agree with you more. Actually, it would be better if you order the goods you want before that peak. You will miss that crazy time.

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   2 weeks 2 days ago

The Ford Transit Connect with a factory right-hand drive would be the ideal vehicle. The fuel efficiency alone raises eyebrows, but the deceptively large interior storage, broad range of backup camera and mirror combinations, and low per-unit cost should seal the deal. I'm thinking of buying one and paying for factory modification myself as a proof of concept. Loaded retail starts around $25k, but with a bulk purchase order we would likely get the units for less than the cost of the current LLV. This comes (in Texas anyway) with AC standard, and heat, both of which are effective in the entire cabin and cargo area. The ONLY modification I would recommend would be a shortened front axle to mirror the tight turn radius capability of the LLV. If this isn't on the USPS short-list then I would certainly re-look the preferred providers.