• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   1 week 5 days ago

Are the new LLV's going to have 4WD or AWD and AC? These two options are very important.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 week 6 days ago

The post office delivery service of packages in the zip code 11237 which belongs to Brooklyn is the WORST. They always claim there was a delivery attempt, but they never try to deliver a package. This is the third time i was home at the time of the delivery attempt, according to the tracking information. Nobody rang the bell or the door. There is no delivery attempt slip, simply nothing. I know they will MAIL me the slip tomorrow, and make me go pick up the package at the USPS Office. If they hire, and keep these kinds of lazy, uncaring, and useless employees, why do they think they are struggling so much??? The package i am receiving is heavy, and i don't want to do their job. Useless people and service. Stick with Fedex or UPS instead...!!!

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   2 weeks 12 hours ago

I wanted to purchase SMALL postcard stamps. The only option at the kiosk was to manually add the price of a postcard stamp to then purchase 1-5 of them, but the size of the actual stamp was more than double the size of a regular stamp! uh, no thanks....

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 weeks 1 day ago

I am currently going through the same problem. Express Scripts sent out my son's medication in two separate packages through USPS. Tracking numbers say they've been delivered, but they were never found in his mailbox. One package ended up back in the mail system and sent back to the address of origin. The other has never been located. I was able to have both resent, again two separate packages. The first package arrived at his local post office, was labeled undeliverable, then under suspicious circumstances delivered to his mailbox a week later. The second package has been missing for three days now. It has been very difficult to get ahold of the local post office because they dont answer their phone. I finally spoke to a supervisor who was going to go out to the location of the mailboxes but ended up talking to his carrier instead. This carrier knocked on my son's door and told him that there was not a package in the mail for him on the day the tracking number said it was delivered. I relayed this to the supervisor, gave him the tracking number so he could see for himself, and I have heard nothing since (3days). I will follow up with Consumer Affairs, but my son needs his medication amd Express Scripts is not likely to allow another order to be filled.

• Reply to: Curbing Workers’ Comp Abuses   2 weeks 1 day ago

Hello,

Thanks for your notifying us of this.

The best thing to do, when you suspect waste, theft, fraud, and abuse within the Postal Service, would be to file an online complaint with our Hotline at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form. This will allow us to look into the matter for you.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   2 weeks 1 day ago

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this matter.

The role of the USPS Office of Inspector General is to investigate waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS). Unfortunately, this issue falls outside of the jurisdiction of this office.

However, please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at 226-3442 (push 3), so they can look further into this matter for you.

• Reply to: Curbing Workers’ Comp Abuses   2 weeks 1 day ago

Hello Pariah,

Thanks for your comment.

The best thing to do in a situation where you suspect waste, theft, fraud, and abuse within the Postal Service would be to file an online complaint with our Hotline at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form. This will allow us to look into the matter for you.

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   2 weeks 2 days ago
    Hi.

Hi.

I'd like this so I can have a business mailing address for my business that I operate out of my home. I'd prefer not to give my home mailing address during routine business operations so I can separate my business and personal mailing concerns.

Thanks.

• Reply to: Curbing Workers’ Comp Abuses   2 weeks 2 days ago

Does this include managers denying WC forms to meet their goals ( which include the incentive to lie, hurt craft workers, because they get bonuses for fewer workplace injury reports)?? No-you all know it is the truth. Same group of managers also 'review' each other for promotions: to increase their retirement pay by getting promotion for last three years of career. Corruption beyond any WC false claims.

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   2 weeks 2 days ago

intermediate windshield wipers

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   2 weeks 2 days ago

The Houston office of USPS is full of lazy slugs that don't do their jobs. I wish they would all be fired and replaced by United Parcel Service or FEDEX. At least a for profit company has a reason to deliver the mail and packages. These knuckleheads do nothing and the inspector general doesn't even investigate them. What a digusting, shameful, lazy bunch of boobs. I'll bet Ben Franklin is turning over in his grave like a lathe at high speed. BOO! BOO! BOO! What a disgrace to the US of A.

• Reply to: Curbing Workers’ Comp Abuses   2 weeks 3 days ago

Can we order the poster When someone does the wrong thing, do the right thing?

• Reply to: Curbing Workers’ Comp Abuses   2 weeks 3 days ago

Where is the oig in cincinnati. There is obvious fraud and abuse and no action

• Reply to: Business Reply Mail   2 weeks 3 days ago

The company I work for recently set up a QBRM account with our White River Junction Post Office only to find out they couldn't promise to deliver BRM as first class mail, yet, we pay that price plus. It has been a struggle to try and save money by using this service as the BRM are apparently NOT a priority to be sorted with first class mail. NO ONE in the postal service can answer my question if there is a written policy on " how long can the PO hold BRM before processing it?"

At this point, unless your post office can answer and make a commitment to this question, I think you will find it can take as long as they want to process this mail. We recently got back a tray of mail that had been held five days! We knew that because they had time stamped the BRM as being received at their PO five days prior to us getting them. This wasn't good for us as we are a payroll company and those envelopes contained time sheets that had to be processed before our year end!!

In my opinion the PO is losing money and customers on this BRM service. If they have to hand count all these envelopes to make sure none of them weigh over 1 oz and in the end they have counted through a tray of 400 to bill us out $2.00 in postage, they have just LOST money. Yes, that is what is happening to us.

We could save $23,000 a year in postage using this BRM service, but the customer service from the Post Office on BRM is POOR.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   2 weeks 5 days ago

Then you complain that the Postmaster and or the Carrier Supervisor is ignoring your complaint and that they did not contact you to resolve the issue. Keep doing so until they call you and speak to you.

• Reply to: Ad Mail Delivery: The Closer the Better   2 weeks 6 days ago

If the mail is going to be thrown on the front porch or left hanging out of the mail slot, let us pick it up at postal cost. Soon, thank you

• Reply to: What’s an Internet of Postal Things?   2 weeks 6 days ago

help stop postal service (Northwood Post Office, E. Northern Pkwy, Baltimore, MD) from leaving mail on front porch and hanging out of mail box, any solutions, five years is long enough. It is time to end the madness

• Reply to: Postal Senior Service?   3 weeks 1 day ago

Our office serves a retirement community, along with an influx of snowbirds. Our carriers know their customers. They are somewhat the watch dog of the area. We have had carriers report and assist in numerous emergency issues. Checking on customers when something looks amiss has proven to be a life saver several times. The carriers are the eyes and ears of the community. Alerting social services, providing delivery of packages to aid the elderly in getting packages safely inside, keeping "local" mail local (customers want their sympathy, birthday, life celebration cards kept in town), assisting customers with tracking, by calling our office (they don't have internet and don't want it). Selling them stamps, helping them get packages from their vehicles also.
    All of your ideas sound great. Assistance with social security was suggested, for our area VA assistance would be even better.
    If I may suggest one idea. Our office, because of the elderly handles a lot of packaging across the counter. Grandmothers and grandfathers mail ALOT of presents. There are a lot of family members receiving packages via USPS. We make a huge effort to display packaging (ReadiPost) in a manner that is easily viewed for the elderly. Each size is hung on the wall. Doesn't come with the hole to hang, but we hang every padded and bubble wrap envelope (using a hole punch to make the hole). Our boxes are in display with pricing in very large letters for ease of reading to provide size and cost of each box. We go on the theory if it isn't easily viewed the customer will not purchase. Our retail product sales increased dramatically when we started displaying this way.
    Aside, I do wish we would drop one product line. No sense to carry a padded envelope and a cushion envelope. With small offices we have very limited space. The products are redundant.
    Displaying in the lobby should be at the most simplistic manner. With the elderly, confusion can come very quickly.
    If coming to the post office is frustrating, they won't come back again. The elderly are quickest to stop a practice if becomes difficult.
    I've said this before, but if the USPS would just drill down to the demographics of their offices they could tap into what each customer base needs. For us this topic is up our alley, to another this could be a waste of time.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   3 weeks 1 day ago

my neighbors are sending their mail to my address i have tried return to sender i have tried putting a note in my mail box saying persons of this last name do not live here i tried asking my neighbor to make a change of address (who has never lived here) and my post office will not allow me to change their names away from my address which if i am being harassed at my own home with my neighbors mail i think its my right to have their mail refused permanently my neighbor was pissed at my parents for buying the house and ever since have caused issues sending their mail here it is not my job to be their mail person i want this to end i feel harassed how do i stop it? ive thought about halting all my mail and sending it all to a po box but hy should i have to waste money on a po box i dont need just because my neighbor wont stop using my address?

• Reply to: Delivery and Safety: A Two-Way Street   3 weeks 2 days ago

Safety for Rural Carriers
    As the mother of a rural carrier these are my concerns:
    Here in Utah the temperature has been changing so much that the use of the cooling seats provided by the Post Office would be of great comfort, but some of the Postmasters will not allow the carriers to use them, nor will they allow battery operated hand held air conditions unless the battery has been inspected (AA or AAA battery) by safety officers, No information has been furnished on how to have any battery inspected.

The Carriers are to:

1- Drink 8 oz. Of water every 15 to 20 minutes and to use spray bottles to keep cool.
    2- Where to keep the water
    3- How to keep it cool
    4- How and where to relieve yourself after drinking so much water and
    5- The time it takes will cause carriers to extend the day well after the 5 PM time.

This above concept is good but with problems.

Safety talks have been given with handout to assist in keeping cool and safe on the job.
    This not practical, all routes are not equal with places to stop or places to replenish water.

• Reply to: What’s an Internet of Postal Things?   3 weeks 4 days ago

If not closely supervised this idea will fall by the side of the road similar to Rigid Trays, RFID on MPE, Storage Cluster bins on streets, etc.
    All affected departments need by in and program management lead must be at the VP direct report level

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   3 weeks 4 days ago

You propose a Virtual Post Box to link to a P.O. Box. Yet USPS and law enforcement have said that customers had to stop using P.O. Boxes for certain things, even those which were constitutionally-protected acts. Now you want to allow the use of P.O. Boxes as long as yo can (a) be the sole provider of those boxes and (b) control what goes into them.

I think not. USPS can't even perform its' primary mission without constantly going back to see more money for less efficiency and poorer performance. Why should it then seek to expand its' mission, when it hasn't even be able to perform the one it was found for?

Or so it appears to the average citizen. If the appearance isn't correct, then that indicates USPS has failed in its' ancillary mission, to inform, educate, and keep citizens apprised of what it actually does.

Consolidate, Restructure, Get back to the primary purpose.

Or go bankrupt and stop wasting customers' time and money.

• Reply to: Postal Senior Service?   3 weeks 4 days ago

great ideas

• Reply to: Postal Senior Service?   3 weeks 4 days ago

With the current state of delivery service, I would venture that homebound persons would go hungry before their goods were delivered by the Postal Service. In our area, we feel fortunate indeed to actually have the mail, indeed the correct mail, delivered in a timely fashion.

While many of the "old time" letter carriers knew their customers, the newer carriers don't bother to interact with their customers at all. No more ringing the bell when they have a Priority Mail package; instead it's just thrown somewhere close to the doorstep. The carrier has absolutely no idea who lives in the home. Our old carrier who has moved on to better things knew the route, who was inform, who was on medical assist devices and would check on them, Never going to happen with the new carriers who want to dump the mail and move on. If you try and give them something else to do their supervisors will complain they don't deliver fast enough, a cause for poor service currently.

How about getting back to delivering the mail efficiently? And quit whining about how much you lose every year because you constantly have retirement and benefit issues. Get your big boy pants on and run this like a private enterprise, not one that depends on the government dole to bail you out every year.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   3 weeks 5 days ago

USPS office in crosstown, hold my parcel. They insist me to come to office all time. I scheduled through Internet to come to Saturday. The offfice lady said we are sorry, we did not deliver today.
    She insist me to come their office. Their office is not in center, there are alot of trouble maker in the street. I what them to phone me if they can not catch , they say it's against the policy. I called several times please deliver, they say we do not have time, come to collect to office. I scheduled online for redelivery, they did not come. I am foreigner so, it deliberate action. I want the government make some rules that they can not do the things they want but abide by rule of law.