• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   3 months 5 days ago

Everyone should try to avoid using the post office at all costs. I've had 5 packages returned to sender. And meanwhile ups has delivered right to my door without fail. Usps employees clearly don't care if you get your package. You should try to send your packages to your workplace, assuming either ups or fed ex delivers directly to your employer

• Reply to: The $3.6 Billion Dollar Brand   3 months 1 week ago

the oig website needs to be revamped. It looks bland and like a boring audit website. Most people I know go to the website looking for investigative related material

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   3 months 1 week ago

Thank you for your time and effort.

• Reply to: What should be the top priority for capital investment?   3 months 1 week ago

Postal banking, please!

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this issue. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

Although this issue does not fall within the jurisdiction off our office, we have forwarded it to the U.S Postal Service Office of Customer Service. Their office will be able to look further into this issue.

• Reply to: Are Contract Postal Units and Village Post Offices the Post Office of the Future?   3 months 1 week ago

Hello Paula,

The primary responsibility of the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General is to prevent, detect, and report fraud, waste and misconduct; and to conduct independent audits and investigations of Postal Service programs and operations to ensure their efficiency and integrity.

The issues raised in your correspondence do not fall within the jurisdiction of this office. However, if you use the contact information below detailing your request, they should be able to assist you:

United States Postal Service
    Consumer & Contact Industry Office
    (800) ASK-USPS or (800-275-8777)

My parcel is arrived in Seoul, Incheon international airport on 1/25/15 at 12:54 a.m., but it still hasn't delivered yet. I don't know why it takes so long time to deliver within South Korea. My USPS tracking # is CW887859790US. It's international priority mail.

• Reply to: What do you think was the top postal story of 2014?   3 months 1 week ago

I am glad there is still someone who's willing to response to this issue. That really makes my day!
    However, it did not help solve problem!
    I tracked my package yesterday and it shows they are sending it back to China after 2 months' travelling throughout USA!!!
    I called, and it seems you guys are all good at playing soccer, and again I was kicked to a non-humanoid! Waited and waited for over half an hour, no human answer my phone!
    OK, I have this thing called a job, if I waste my time on waiting a "hopefully existing" human customer service representative, who's going to do my job!
    Hopefully my package can be safe back to China, the storm Juno really worries me!

Hello Dr. Bob,

However, we have forwarded your claim to the Postal Service Customer Service Office in an effort to assist you.

Also, please call and file a complaint with your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (305) 470-0890 or (305) 470-0801.

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   3 months 1 week ago

Hello Med Kassin,

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

HelloLiang Shao,

Thank you for taking the time to contact our offices. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS). We have forwarded your claim to the Postal Service Customer Service Office in an effort to assist you.

Also, please file a complaint online at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form. By completing this form it will provide our offices with the critical information needed to look further into this matter.

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

• Reply to: Do you find flexibility policies helpful or harmful in your workplace?   3 months 1 week ago

Hello DL Crawford,

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

• Reply to: Delivery and Safety: A Two-Way Street   3 months 1 week ago

Hello Adrienne,

Please file an complaint online at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form. By completing this form it will provide our offices with the critical information needed to look further into this matter.

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

Could you send me specific information on How to become a Contract Postal Unit? Thanks

I ship, sometimes weekly, often to Thailand. Usually priority mail.

Your recent Miami "services upgrade" has seriously delayed packages getting to the ISC. I tried three different PO's after my first delay experience, all in January 2015. First priority mail package, arrived at ISC four days after it was dropped off at PO(Flagler). The second package was dropped off early AM at 33173: three days to get to ISC. The third package was dropped off in the early AM at South Miami, Tuesday the 21st. It was logged in on the 24th at ISC.

In all cases, priority tracking did not start till arrival at ISC. The tracking shows "pre-paid created," then 3-4 days later "arrival at ISC". In all cases I submitted the Click-N-Ship packages at the counter, with an acceptance receipt. Ina ll cases, not even the acceptance now shows up on the tracking. Trying to hide the delays?

This problem appeared recently, packages shiped pre-December 2014 showed 12-24 hours to get from accepting Miami PO to ISC.

Now it takes longer to get from the accepting MIami PO to ISC than it does to get through the ISC and to Thailand! Four packages out of four in January 2015

• Reply to: Keepin’ It Simple?   3 months 1 week ago

From a customer service perspective it is impossible to answer the basic question of "How much to send this" without a pos terminal. From the commercial perspective when cost variables are within a key strokes reach the cost best serves the sender and unfortunately is also ripe for abuse. There is no cut & dry measure that can address the idiosyncratic public we serve. If it fits it ships may be simple in theory but still complicated when associated with the various zone changes. Commercial Base Pricing benefits the business but remains unverified to the delivery person since the matrix is not able to be scanned or even audited allowing an honor system on customer derived postage and this is not allowed to the general public who still must weigh and pay at a retail window. If we level the playing field, treat the post office as a universal service and assign costs in parity there would be less confusion and more acceptance

• Reply to: Keepin’ It Simple?   3 months 1 week ago

The large flat rate box should be the same size as the number 7 box. Adjust the price accordingly. You need to eliminate the regional A, B and C boxes. It is too difficult to explain how to use them to retail customers.

The rate fold 123 needs to have more than one version. There should be one strictly for retail prices that we can hand to customers or put all the retail info in the front so that we could tear them out for retail customers. The current version includes all of the various price structures that the average consumer can't use.

I'm finding myself getting frustrated as the days go by and no one seem to know where is my package. It has a very important documents and I need it returned to me since it was delivered to the wrong address. The package has a tracking number and the notice says it will return back to the sender if the appropriate address is included. I have been waiting for over 10 days now . I there a way I can track it to re office in DC where it's now and I will pick it up myself ?

New lines of business: postal banking.

MKassim,

Here is a the number for your nearest Consumer Affairs Office: 804-775-6313. They should be able to further assist you with your inquiries.

Postal banking. Eliminate the predators who feast on the misery of the poor and unbanked. And make quite a few bucks while you're at it.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   3 months 1 week ago

I sent a package by priority mail on Tuesday, January 20,2015 from the Sherman Station in Mansfield, OH where the clerk was extremely helpful by telling me the best way to send my package at the best value. It was enclosed in a priority mail box and I was told it would arrive in Lakewood, CO on Thursday, January 22, 2015. The receipt with the tracking number 9114 9999 4423 8904 1474 85 verifies that the expected delivery was January 22, 2015 by priority mail 2-day delivery. I told our son and family to look for the package on January 22 and it actually arrived on Saturday, January 24, 2015. I don't understand when a receipt verifies the package should have been received January 22 and was only received January 24. Where is the confidence I should have with the USPS???? Mary in Mansfield, OH

1. The Post Office is under attack because of the strength - employment, organizing - it has enabled for Black people! SCARey! for ANYone to be organized here in the U.S. - but especially for Black people to be so! You understand.

2. I vote for "With the decline of the Letter Mail, The most important investment must be new lines of business in order to make up the difference." public banking! and any of the other useful investments requested here. Invest in our commons - the P.O., health care, comfortable vacations for everyone, everyone able to have a good way to provide for themselves, - no reason these can't be done - except that in this system we must keep The Rich rich/wealth. normaha@pacbell.net

Postal Banking is what I intend by 'New Lines of Business'.

Please add Banking!