• Reply to: Postal Service Customer Service Is It Working for You?   2 months 2 weeks ago

Dear Sirs, I urgently need your help before my parcel is lost due to the wrong handling. There is something not working because the tracking tool from USA post service says: ADDRESSEE NOT AVAILABLE - SCHEDULED FOR ANOTHER DELIVERY ATTEMPT TODAY But, that is just not possible the local Post in Switzerland confirms they dont have it yet. And that is the central office to deliver in all these campus. However I can not call your International Inquiry Center (IIC) at (800) 222-1811 because I am now in Mexico. PLEASE HELP. Thank you!!! Kindest regards, Ms. Hechem (All details bellow for your kind review).

----- Mail transféré -----
    De : Hechem
    À : eCustomerCare National
    Envoyé le : Mercredi 7 janvier 2015 13h55
    Objet : Re: Response to your recent inquiry (Case ID 121117967) (KMM26360456V55892L0KM)

Dear Mr. Mingo,

Thank you for your fast response. I am trying to call from Mexico but the number you kindly provided to me is not accessible. Would you mind to give me the number with a code I can call from abroad to the International Exchange Office?

It would be very kind since the web of the USA post office says status is:

ADDRESSEE NOT AVAILABLE - SCHEDULED FOR ANOTHER DELIVERY ATTEMPT TODAY

but the central post office confirmed to us that they didn't receive it yet.

I highly appreciate your help as it is very frustrating to think the parcel is not being handled in the right channel. So your support is really of HUGE help to us.

Hechem

De : "Sifferlen, Michael"
    À : Hechem
    Envoyé le : Mercredi 7 janvier 2015 9h40
    Objet : RE: PLEASE -

Dear ,

First I wish you all the best for this new year J and would like to thank you for your wishes.

For the moment we didn’t receive anything , I think that the package is in transit but be sure that I will check tomorrow if we receive something .

Kind regards

Michaël Sifferlen

Michaël Sifferlen - Callcenter Logistikzentrale
    ISS Schweiz AG-WSJ-103.P.29 4002 Basel Schweiz
    Tel: + 41 (0)58 787 91 20
    www.iss.ch

De : eCustomerCare National
    À : Hechem
    Envoyé le : Mercredi 7 janvier 2015 12h38
    Objet : Response to your recent inquiry (Case ID 121117967) (KMM26360456V55892L0KM)

Dear Mr. Hechem:

This is in response to your inquiry regarding international mail item RE102912351US.

We are disappointed to learn that this item has not yet been delivered. However, it is suggested than an inquiry be initiated by calling the International Inquiry Center (IIC) at (800) 222-1811. The information you provide will be directed to the appropriate U.S. International Exchange Office for processing.

Thank you for contacting the United States Postal Service. We appreciate this opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Sincerely,

L. Mingo
    Consumer Affairs Analyst

As our customer, your privacy is important to us. Please see our privacy policy at www.usps.com

• Reply to: What do you think was the top postal story of 2014?   2 months 2 weeks ago

Shame on trying to shut down and privatize a very old and successful US institution, our beloved Postal Service, by passing legislation which forced unconscionable debt by requiring prepaid pensions for people not yet born!!! The result was forcing bankruptcy. Evil return to your source.

People love the idea of postal banking. We need to develop stable public financial institutions-- the large private bank have proven unstable and economically disastrous for us. This can help save the postal service and keep it safe and accessible for people in towns and cities all over the country. We need to protect our post offices from the unwise transfer of public resources to the private sector for the sake of corporate profits.
    Postal Banking--Not Post Office Sales

All 10 of those stories are examples of missteps, bad decisions, malfesous etc. whichs begs the question; why hasn't Congress stepped in and stopped the madness?

The biggest story is not on the list, the selling off of our historic post offices to the lowest bidder, friends of CBRE. These post offices were paid for with our parents taxes and are being privatized. Shame on you, Patrick Donahoe and USPS!

#6 Public Banking.

But really the biggest story of every year is the continued yearly deficit legislated by Congress requiring 75 years prepayment of USPS employee health care. No other company, industry, organization or even individual family would attempt this absurd investment and bankruptcy scheme except Congress, spurred on by legislation author Congressman Darrell Issa's who's own business practices include using indebtedness and common illegalities to subvert and take over other businesses.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 2 weeks ago

Hello Greg,

Thank you for contacting our offices. Please call and file a complaint with the Houston office for the U.S. Postal Service Office of Consumer Affairs at (713) 226-3442 so they can look into this matter further.

PMG Donahoe telling postal employees that Phase 2 of Network Rationalization would be delayed for two years while they 'studied' the effects of Phase 1 and then revealing the lie for what it was when he announced, less than 6 months later, that Phase 2 would begin on schedule...

Biggest story of 2015 has already happened. Destruction of 1st class letter standards is the final nail in our coffin. Phase 2 will just be a coda.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 3 weeks ago

A friend mailed a package to me on November 29th from a UPS Store and sent US Mail. The zip code was wrong. It was 77008 instead of 77088. At least its all in Houston. The problem being that it was sent 1st class mail and thus no tracking number. I have called both local post offices numerous times since December 10th. Each time I was told it should be rerouted within the next couple of days through the central processing facility. When I asked for the number to the central processing facility, I was told that I could only call the local post office where it should be sent and ask them to be on the lookout for it. Just be patient since its the holiday season and we're very busy. This is quite frustrating since the two post offices are probably withing 20 miles of each other. If someone could just tell be where in the city of Houston it might be, I will be happy to drive there to get it myself.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   2 months 3 weeks ago

I recently went to a kiosk on Sunday about 12:30pm. I was able to process two of my mail pieces but was unable to process the third as the machine would not accept it. Also, the package bin was locked. I went to another post office and same thing occurred. Does the machine and bin auto close at certain hours now? I have never had this problem in the past.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 3 weeks ago

HOOO RAAAYY!
    My package is being sorted at the local PO and should be here today or tomorrow. 17 days for priority 3 day mail but it WAS NOT the post office fault because of the wrong zip bit I do think the amount of time should still have been much less but for now.... HHOOOOO RAAAAY!
    Eric

• Reply to: Calling All Revenue-Generation Ideas   2 months 3 weeks ago

On one hand usps is trying to gain revenue and on the other hand it tells its people they don't have to pick up outgoing mail. There will be a mail count for rural carriers in february. The mailcount guide states " Carriers are not required to go to the customer's door to collect mail for any reason other than a carrier pick up request, which should include at least one qualifying piece (Priority, Express, International, Merchandise return service, Parcel return service). If rural carrier sees a note in a box and goes and picks up a bunch of first class outgoing ebay sales, the carrier receives no credit during the count for his good deed. Management does not want to pay a carrier to help build business. The Rural carrier also does not receive parcel credit for any item of parcel size and postage which is under 2 lbs. This nickle and dime stuff is watched like hawks by management to keep rural carrier pay down...But it also goes completely against the oft stated goal to increase business. What do you think about this?

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   2 months 3 weeks ago

It's no wonder that the USPS is going broke and most people are using FEDEX, UPS, or some other form of delivery. I place a regular order from a business and pay for priority shipping, 2-3 days. I know that is not guaranteed, but it usally 3-4 days, sometimes as much as 4-5, and this week it has now been 6 days, (7) if you count Christmas day, and it still has not been deliverd. I am in Ft Worth, Texas, package left Dallas (32 miles away) at 2:00 am last night, by the time it is deliverd on Monday, if it even gets here then, it will have been 9 days. This is not acceptable as far as I am concerned, 2-3 day delivery should not be advertised if you are noy going to live up to it. I also have a problem with mail carrier not closing my mail box after he delivers, he leaves it partially opened wich invites the kids from next door to get in it and take my mail out, I have found my mail mail blowing around street on more than 1 occasion, 1 time it was a tax refund check that had been taken out of envelope and I found it in the grass in front of neighbors house, also I have gotten mail out of box that is wet due to door not being closed while it is raining. I have ask the carrier on more than 1 occasion to quit leaving box opened and he just denies that it was him, says it must be one of his subs. Some one please tell me what is the correct way to get these problems solved. If it were medication that I was waiting on, and I'm sure it is for oter people that probably have this same problem, it could be a life threatening problem.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 3 weeks ago

I have a package caught in a black hole in Raleigh, NC. It has the wrong zip code. The campground I'm staying in made a typo on their literature so I gave my shipper the wrong zip. I've been getting tracking updates every day. It's a 3 day priority mail package and it's been 14 days. The last 11 days it has been tracking every day as "Leaving Raleigh" with the new date and aa new time so it's getting scanned but every day it is leaving Raleigh but it never actually leaves Raleigh.

I have finally had a really responsive customer service person, Deborah, and she said she will get to the bottom of it. She gave me a case # hq121006915. She gives me confidence it will be fixed but I am leaving the area on Wednesday morning, 1/7/2015 so if it doesn't come by then I don't know what I can do. This is a package of forwarded mail and it includes a couple of my prescription medicine refills.

I hope it works out.
    Eric

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 months 3 weeks ago

I am VERY frustrated--I sent oranges to WI from AZ--was told the package was undeliverable--My daughter went to the post office in Sheboygan Falls WI she was told the address unable to read===excuse me==it was made on the computer, size 24 letters in bold print---my daughter was told the employee was on his way home. Check tomorrow, or it may be sent back to AZ---WHAT---customer service --in a pigs ear--

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   2 months 3 weeks ago

Thank you.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   2 months 3 weeks ago

Hello Cynthia,

Thank you for contacting our offices and we apologize for the inconvenience. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

However, we have forwarded your message to the USPS Office of Customer Services, so they can look further into this matter.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   2 months 3 weeks ago

I mailed a card on 12-17-14 Priority mail to go 70 miles away. It was supposed to be delivered by 12-20-14. I called the 1-800 number on 12-22-14 waited 20 minutes to talk to a woman that I had to repeat what I was saying over and over to have her understand what I was calling about. They tell you to check the on line tracking only to see your mail hasn't moved in eight days and they don't know why. I called again on 12-24-14 and got a woman on the phone that was mad because I hadn't told her I had already called regarding my mail not being delivered. My card went from East Lansing on 12-17-14 to Grand Rapids on 12-18-14. On 12-26-14 late it went to Pontiac, then in the morning of 12-27-14 it finally moved to the city it was supposed to be delivered in. Ten days after I mailed a card it was finally delivered 70 miles away. On 12-30-14 I get a call from Jeremy at the Lansing post office to say he could not answer why my card was not delivered on time and could not answer why my card sat for 10 days before it was delivered. But Jeremy did say I should fill out a claim and maybe I could get my money back for sending it Priority mail, however he didn't know how to file a claim stating I would have to look that up on line. It's obvious there is no accountability with USPS and no genuine interest in resolving the problem.

• Reply to: Opportunity Knocks   2 months 3 weeks ago

Hello Debbie,

• Reply to: Opportunity Knocks   2 months 3 weeks ago

I am exceptionally unhappy with your tracking system. If a package leaves a destination, you should also be able to say where it's going and how. For example, my 2 day priority box, case #CA120940611, was mailed to Seattle, WA on 16 Dec from Arlington, Va. On Dec 22 it arrived in Greensboro, NC. The next day it departed. On Dec 27 it arrived in Waynesboro, PA. It departed the same day and is still IN TRANSIT with an expected delivery date of 19 Dec. IT IS NOW DEC 31, 2014. So your system doesn't update? On top of which, once a case was opened, when this box appeared, there should have been a flag. Pull it. Special handle. Get it to the destination. Is it on a wagon train?! Most important, your system sent me an email asking how long it took to resolve my case. Not resolved. No follow up. It doesn't ease my mind that there is a complaint site online that has people saying their property went missing in Waynesboro or arrived empty. Also, why don't you reimburse postage? If you lost the insured package, you should stand behind your "guarantee" for priority delivery. I am so sad for my 4 year old granddaughter who now thinks her Santa presents fell off the sled. Will they ever appear?! As a veteran, wife of a veteran and Mom of a veteran, I am also sad for this really bad government agency that has let us down.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   2 months 3 weeks ago

Hello Margaret,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this issue. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

Please file a complaint online with our offices at https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form. By completing this form it will provide our offices with the critical information needed to look into this matter.

Thank you.

• Reply to: Will you be doing your online shopping earlier this season?   2 months 3 weeks ago

Hello Barbara,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We suggest that you either file a complaint online with our offices at https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form or file a complaint with your local USPS Office of Consumer Affairs by calling (803) 926-6387 or (803) 926-6389. By using either one or both options, it will give us the critical information we need to look into your complaint.

Thank you.

• Reply to: How often did you use your smartphone to pay for things this holiday season?   2 months 3 weeks ago

As a Gen Xer, I am probably one of those "straddlers" -- willing to try the next big thing but probably need to be convinced it is better than the tried-and-true approach before switching completely. I did use a payment app this holiday season, albeit through my bank's app. It was easy enough, but no easier than pulling out a credit/debit card. However, one event this past week convinced me that maybe a phone payment app isn't such a bad idea. A family member left his credit card at a restaurant and didn't discover it for most of a day, when he went to use it again. If you leave your phone at a restaurant, you are likely to notice immediately. In any event, I don't see much opportunity for the Postal Service in this space, but it's nice to see this blog space considering future postal ideas.

As a veteran payments professional, I believe this technology is going to grow. It does offer additional security in that the consumer is not surrendering their actual card to an employee who could then "skim" it for purposes of fraud.
    However, i would not trust the USPS, with its myriad problems including a continuing financial deficit, to provide a framework for payments. Nor do I think the people most likely to use contactless payment applications--that being the younger demographic--will turn to the USPS either.

Do you know the demographics of your readers? As a Boomer I answered "never". And I'm confident that Millennials will answer at the other end of the scale. Without this generational differentiation, I doubt your results will be indicative of an opportunity for USPS who needs to be thinking more about "them" and less about "us".