• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   3 months 2 weeks ago

i agree with you its very painful and frustrating to order overseas cause it takes forever for mail to go through customs.call there 1800 line usps acts like its not their problem and its a shame.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   3 months 2 weeks ago

Dear General Inspector,

I mailed a flat rate box overseas on March 7th and I wonder why my package is still in the U.S. (Oakland, CA was the last scan). Here is the tracking number CW918326400US.

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   3 months 2 weeks ago

I like the NEW city van that GM is coming out with looks like about the same size as the Grumman and I think it comes with the 4 cylinder engine so it SHOULD have good fuel economy just a suggestion

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   3 months 2 weeks ago

m from saudi arabia..I got one parcel was returned to sender due to some typo error on the building number...and I requested for the redelivery ..they usps scheduled.on the 2nd of march but until now I havent received the item...I.send a lot on the emails on.the customer service but until now answer from them..And As.of this.moment I dont know whereabout if my parcel....please.help.me

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   3 months 2 weeks ago

The kiosk offers little to no variety of stamp images.
    I cannot buy a single domestic post card stamp from the kiosk.
    If I need to purchase a stamp for a heavy domestic letter, but it costs less than a dollar, the kiosk only offers to climb the purchase into the $1+ qualifier with duplicate purchases rather than a quantity of forever stamps.
    The kiosk cannot help me with all me international shipping needs.
    The kiosk occasionally has trouble explaining what it offers in detail, leaving me to worry that I will spend my money on something I can't or don't know how to use.

The only situations I trust the kiosk for are domestic items I just need postage for and nothing else. Such situations are extremely handy in the middle of the night!

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   3 months 2 weeks ago

Implementing an extensive online virtual PO box would be difficult and could have liability depending on the type of mail being scanned. If someone simply wants a virtual PO box to protect their home identy, their local postoffice could simply include that mail in the home delivery. It is a software routing or sorting at the local postoffice. This would have a minimal impact and could be implemented quickly. This method would eliminate fraudulent shipments as it is effectively renaming a verifyable physical address. If the price point was significantly less then a physical PO box many people would jump on this immediately. This will generate revenue for the postal service by using the same system with minimal change allows for the possibility of several virtual boxes going to the same address at a multiple cost.

• Reply to: Passing up Passport Revenue?   3 months 2 weeks ago

I think the recent decline in passport revenue is solely due to low productivity by USPS employees. In 2007 my son and I walked into our local post office completed the application, provided the necessary documentation, had our pictures taken, made payment and our passports arrived by mail shortly there after. Today, to get a passport you are required to call and make an appointment. Good luck with that. After calling, and calling and calling, I never could get anyone to answer the phone at both of my local USPS offices. I finally called an office out of the area, they answered the phone and then told me that I would have to wait two weeks to call back just to make an appointment. If the staffing and productivity haven't changed, why can't they answer the phones? Why the waits to make appointments? Why the long wait times for appointments? I suspect the employees don't care about revenue and may prefer that citizens pay the ridiculous fees to third parties to get their passports. These third parties probably employee retired USPS employees. This whole process is a broken mess.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   3 months 2 weeks ago

It is March 2015. The USPS itself told me with all the kindness in the world that 1st Class Parcel Post simply does not give a hoot in outer space. They'll get your package to you, yeah, right, whenever the lazy bones decides to throw it into a delivery truck. IF he decides to put it in--and then you can depend on it being stuck at your nearest major sorting hub for nearly a week. But I think we need to look at a couple of things: 1) Lazy senders who want to pay 50 cents and expect three-day delivery. 2) Idiots (cheapskates) who forgot Priority thus sending it spiraling down the john. 3) People who still think the letter carriers read and hand-sort every piece of mail on the route when they barely know where they are and mail is pre-sorted before they get in to work. 4) Anyone ever heard of UPS? They don't break or lose stuff any more often than USPS.

Just from the comments above and the experiences I have had in the past year with International packages that did not track from my post office until suddenly, almost a month later, they start tracking, but in the acceptance country, I can promise you, the behemoth quasi Government agency, USPS, doesn't care a whit about and individual or their lost package. Look at those silly response letters above. They do absolutely nothing to offer help. This is why FedEx, UPS, DHL and other private courier services arte doing so well and the USPS is bleeding from every pore. The only advantage they have is price, which in most cases is less expensive than the private services. But if you look at service, sometimes the lure of low prices are a sirens song.
    From my experience, the USPS handles domestic mail pretty well, but I'm not impressed with their handling of International parcels.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   3 months 2 weeks ago

I am so mad! We were gone 3-9-15 to 3-13-15 and had our mail put on hold. We filled out a card and on it were instructions that we would pick up the mail on 3-14-15. I go to pick it up, wait in line only to be told that it wasn't there. Then she asked if we called ahead to let them know when we were picking it up. I looked at her so dumb founded, and said no, we filled out a card. So she asked if I would like her to call the other post office that is conjunction with this one. I said yes please, she said no the mail is not there and that it must be being delivered with todays mail. So I go home and wait for todays mail only to receive just that days mail. It's Saturday and I don't have any mail that was suppose to be on hold. WHERE IS MY MAIL???? Now I have to wait until Monday to try and track down our mail. We always have mail every day!! 5 days worth of mail and no one knows where it is!!! What a bunch of BS! I am going to guess that the girl behind the counter didn't look in the right place or somebody stole our mail at the post office or someone delivered it to the wrong address!!! WHERE IS MY MAIL???? VERY, VERY MAD!!!!!!! What is the point of holding mail if you can't pick it up!! Someone is not doing there job right!!!! Patt

I live in Burbank, CA. I have used or tried to use the USPS kiosks in each of the three USPS stations in Burbank. Every kiosk has been unable to help me in recent months because the card ( credit / debit) reader rejects my cards. I regularly use my cards in restaurants, bars, retail stores, ATMs, car washes, parking meters and garages, markets and service stations, but these same cards have been repeatedly rejected by the USPS kiosks. EVEN WHEN THE SAME CARDS ARE ACCEPTED BY THE CARD SWIPING DEVICES AT THE USPS SERVICE WINDOWS.

If the USPS is unable or unwilling to provide kiosks that operate properly or to maintain the kiosks as required, then the kiosks are a waste of tax funding, and the USPS should remove the machines from the post office stations.

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   3 months 2 weeks ago

As a rural letter carrier, I believe the next generation of LLV should be able to switch from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive. In addition, it should be able to handle the large capacity of mail as well as parcels during the Holiday rush and the every day parcel volume. A better heating / cooling system needs to be incorporated into the vehicle as well. Other features I'd like to see included are: airbags, better widow defrosters, maybe a small lighting system for potential night deliveries, maybe a radio. As far as shape and body design, it needs to be bigger and roomier to walk in the back and have shelves for mail and parcels.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   3 months 2 weeks ago

1. I sent my son a package to Italy the week before Christmas, 2014.
    2. The package was listed as undeliverable, so I requested the package be returned.
    3. The package was sent back to the U.S. the last week of January, 2015.
    4. The package arrived in New York customs, was then sent to Chicago.
    5. Chicago sent it back to New York, and New York sent it back to Italy.
    6. It then was sent back to New York , AGAIN.
    7. New York sent it to Miami.
    8. Miami sent it back to Italy, AGAIN!!!!!
    I JUST WANT MY PACKAGE BACK.............................

I have called the 800-ASK-USPS as many times as I could without going crazy, with no resolve. They tell me they have no one that can put their hands on my package, I just have to wait until someone notices that they have screwed up royally and sent my package back to Italy instead of reading what the box says to do! My package has made the trip to Italy three times now, which I am sure has cost the USPS money to fly the plane to get it where it’s “not supposed to be”.

I have been told that I cannot file a claim until my case is closed, but they refuse to close my case until the package can no longer be tracked. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS? IS THERE A DEPARTMENT THAT CARES ENOUGH TO CARE? IS THERE SOMEONE THAT CAN ACTUALLY SAY THEY HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO PUT THEIR HANDS ON THE PACKAGE AND GET IT BACK TO ME?

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   3 months 2 weeks ago

Why is it when you have issues with the postal service you call thier 1800 number for help and the system takes 10 minutes or more then it hangs up on you when all you realy want to do is talk to someone whos alive and breathing but the dam stupid computer system wont let you no matter what selection you chose no wonder the usps is being phased out even the computer system is a stupid piece of shit

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   3 months 2 weeks ago

Hello Charlene,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence and we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

The role of the USPS Office of Inspector General is to investigate waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS). Unfortunately, this issue falls outside of the jurisdiction of this office.

However, please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (404) 765-7702 , so they can look further into this matter for you.

As well, if you still would like to file a complaint with our offices, you can do so on our hotline at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form and we can forward your issue to the appropriate department.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   3 months 3 weeks ago

Customer Service Issue. I entered the Post Office located on 2385 Godby Road, College Park Georgia at approximately 1:49p.m., today to retrieve a certified parcel, and as I stood in this long line and finally made my way up to the counter, a postal employee named Ms. TYLER then informed me that I had to get in another line for parcel pickup. I then stated to her that why wasn't there wasn't a sign posted informing customers of this and she "looked at me and gave me a hard stare" and proceed to say "DON'T YOU SEE THAT LADY" (a couple of rows down,) and she was yelling at this point, and then she smirk at me.

I proceeded to ask for a supervisor (named "JAMES BILL" - that's exactly the information she gave me). After "JAMES BILL" and I conversed a little about it, i.e., the postal employee's "RUDE" attitude and especially the lack of a sign notifying incoming customer (through a visual display) that there was "a specific line" for certified/parcels pick ups, he causally shrugged his shoulders as if he really didn't care and that I was bothering him.

I then informed him that I would be filing this complaint. Still he was unaffected by the whole process and offered no real reason why his staff was "yelling at me" or that they failed to have a sign up.

My points are simple in that HEREIN is a clear portrayal of unprofessional/rude behavior by BOTH USPS employees towards a local customer and where no "REAL" effort was made to remedy a possible solution, i.e., neither an apology or a sign that says " FOR CERTIFIED/PARCEL PICK UPS ONLY!" This definitely would of prevented me from standing in a long line for "nothing", just to be told that I needed to go to another long line and wait again!

0 points for professionalism and customer service!

Thank you.

Charlene

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   3 months 3 weeks ago

I would like to know if there are any regulations about the amount of space that is required around a mailbox in a residential area where there is curbside delivery. We have lived here for over 24 years and have never had any problems until now. This mailman we have had for somewhere between 2 -3 Years keeps slapping on stickers that say "Please keep the approach to the mailbox clear at all times or we will be unable to deliver your mail".
    We leave approximately 20 feet from where are car is parked on one side of the mailbox. On the other side of our mailbox there is about 15 feet from where an occasional guest will park.
    At no time is there EVER a car blocking the mailbox and yet we get these occasional stickers. We got one today (while I was in the front yard maybe 20 feet away! ) and I headed straight to the main post office here in Chapel Hill,NC. I asked if there were any regulations about the appropriate distance from the mailbox. I was told there are NONE except not to BLOCK it. Why does this postman keep harassing us? I feel bullied. I'd like to be sure that I got accurate information concerning the space around my mailbox. Can anyone verify that information for us?

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   3 months 3 weeks ago

This would be so useful. I move a lot (four times in three years) and there's inevitably someone who I forget to give my new address. This would be way easier!

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   3 months 3 weeks ago

gas prices

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   3 months 3 weeks ago

usps continues to cut services and raise prices. What company has ever used that model to rebuild a brand?

• Reply to: Do you agree with the Postal Service’s decision to change the name of Express Mail and rename Parcel Post?   3 months 3 weeks ago

You have a problem with delivery a service on a consistent basis. You have closed the airport express mail facility. You no longer guarantee express mail until delivered to the post office very early in the day.

Now, you want to add another area of confusion to a area which you are having problems with a product. Last thing you want to do unless the name clarifies the service you are delivering. Priorlty Mail express sounds like Priority mail. Express mail clearly states the name of the product. My opinion, very bad decision to rename a product which only needs to be improved by being able to accept & guarantee the mail when deliveried later to the post-office. Fedex allow drop-offs as late at 10:15pm for delivery the following day. NOT THE POST OFFICE!! I'm not sure what the hours are now regarding next day delivery.

Douglas Satcher

• Reply to: Calling All Revenue-Generation Ideas   3 months 3 weeks ago

If I have an idea that can generate billions does the person with the idea get a cut. Lets say 1 cent per sale?

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   3 months 3 weeks ago

The South Lake Tahoe area has terrible delivery sorters. My route is the 12th St area and the Mail is delivered to the wrong addresses almost every day ! I have packages delivered to other addresses almost every time! I follow tracking and it will say delivered but not to me. I've had money lost and have had neighbors bring my mail all the time. I've filed complaints to no avail ! When ever I can I ask to have packages shipped by UPS ! The only people that are worse then the USPS here is the weatherman !

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   3 months 3 weeks ago

But you're not required to stop at every house. Nice try, though. Funny, mailmen before never had this problem, and got paid less. Go figure

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   3 months 3 weeks ago

If the line is long I will use the self-service kiosk. However, there is no option for "media mail" rates at these kiosks. This option would be very much appreciated.

Also, during regular post office hours, there is no place to put kiosk-stamped parcels that will not fit in the bin provided.

The clerks are helpful at the LeFleur Station in Jackson, MS. They will get someone to help you bring in heavy boxes or they will help you themselves.