• Reply to: How often did you use your smartphone to pay for things this holiday season?   1 month 4 weeks ago

As long as mobile apps require users to show up in person to make a purchase, they aren't going to be very competitive UNLESS they provide super excellent security compared to credit cards.

• Reply to: Go Secure With gopost   2 months 2 days ago

GoPost anyone?

Dear USPS, if you start a new service for customers, say GoPost, how about you train our customer service agents on what it is. You even have a dedicated customer service just for GoPost but everyone there is clueless. If they're not answering the phone laughing or sleepy, they're nonetheless happy to quickly transfer you to an entirely different department who is also....clueless. Actually went into the post office and it's like I'm speaking a different language. It sucks, it sucks, it sucks. I thought sprint had the worse customer service of all time, but I stand corrected. USPS customer service sucks. It's like....they don't care and there's no accountability. This rant will undoubtedly be lost in the mix but if you hear someone letting out long sighs because she's tired of being transferred, being put on hold and being treated like I'm bothering people, that would be me. Do better USPS, do better.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 2 days ago

Jennifer,
    I send a message to the email you provided with further information regarding your complaint.
    OIG Blog Moderator

• Reply to: Workforce Flexibility – Would it Work for the Postal Service?   2 months 2 days ago

Mary,
    Thank you for your comment on our blog. The Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducts independent audits and investigations related to systemic issues or concerns of fraud, waste, and misconduct affecting Postal Service programs. In reviewing your issues, we determined that the USPS Human Resources Office would be better able to better service your concerns. You may contact them at: (877) 477-3273

OIG Blog Moderator

• Reply to: Which of the three options are you most interested in seeing the Postal Service pursue?   2 months 2 days ago

Charlie,
    Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
    Merry Christmas to you too. and yes, the OIG is open on Friday.

OIG Blog Moderator

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 2 days ago

I have filled out the form and waiting as I always have to wait. I am beyond fed up. The number they transferred my to is same number I have called and still waiting a call back.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 2 days ago

Jennifer,
    Please file a complaint with our Hotline regarding this matter. You can do so at https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form or by calling 1-888-877-7644.

OIG Blog Moderator

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 2 days ago

My post office on Pickett Street in Alexandria, VA keeps claiming no one is home - (I have an all day nanny) and my husband is off Mon & Tues) or claim they deliver packages and don't For over 2 years every month I have anywhere from 1-4 problems with them. They never return calls or claim they don't have a package at the office even after I get several notices saying its available for pick up. This past week they lost 2 packages. There is no excuse. At this point seems to me they don't do their job and go off sleeping somewhere or steal the packages. No one does a thing even after filing numerous complaints. WHole office needs to be fired.

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   2 months 3 days ago

To me the most important features would be: more floor space, and less blind spots if not none at all. Theyes should also be able to carry more parcels than mail since that is what our company is leaning toward. This should be obvious after the volume of parcels we had this Christmas season. I have been with the USPS for 16 year and I have never had to work on a Sunday ever before. Not even when I was a PTF.

• Reply to: Which of the three options are you most interested in seeing the Postal Service pursue?   2 months 3 days ago

I chose option 2, only because option 1 is already being implemented. Option 2 is/has been in the process of being implemented but from the field appears to be the one area we need more work.
    Option 3? Not sure how it is anywhere else, but our carriers already sell stamps. Customer gives them a check or cash and they give them stamps. Don't need costly equipment to perform a task that is already being performed.

Something not mentioned but seriously should be addressed. If we are morphing into a package company, then why not expand our packaging products. And yes, we have ReadiPost products but the majority of offices I am aware of cannot adequately display the products we have now due to the layout of lobby. For example, if we knocked out one wall in our office we could expand the retail product area 120sq ft. You can't sell something, that the customer doesn't know you have.
    We have tried some very innovative ways to display with a proven increase in sales. We are limited severely by the confines of a window lobby that has minimal area to display (not to mention to store supplies for easy selection for customers) Not to forget it takes time for the clerks to sell products that we have no room to display but could be a solution to their packaging needs.
    Rural offices provide packaging supplies to customers that will not or prefer not to travel 15-20 miles to a town with a store that might carry packing supplies.

After all of this "rationalizing" -read shut down and dismember-plants....The system is slowing down and providing less service. Processing of mail is being done further and further away from post offices. Although management says there are no delays, there are. Even OIG can prove carriers get out later, city carrier routes have been so consolidated that overtime is now a norm....There is no "free" time. And you suggest that carriers be digitaly enhanced? I'd respectfully suggest that you get out of the office, become a carrier for a month....Listen to those who DELIVER the mail. The same people who make usps the most trusted part of government in the eyes of our customers. Carriers willl give you an eyeful of digital enhancement and at the same time a bunch of worthwhile ideas. ps Merry Christmas from the carriers who will be working Friday, will OIG be open?

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 4 days ago

Rachel, I hear you loud and clear. This year I have had 3 packages sent from my local Post Office by Priority Mail. Each and every one of them took between 5 to 7 days for delivery to the recipient. I have complained by phone to the Post Office General's office, I have sent an email request for a refund (with detailed information as they request) and I have never heard a thing back; NOT EVEN A PHONE CALL!!! Now whenever possible, I will use UPS. Unfortunately, when you send something in a "ready post envelope, you have no choice but to use the local post office; that is why I sent it Priority this time; it was to have arrived on Dec. 22nd and as of the 24th is it still sitting in Fayetteville, NC - And the post office wonders why they are losing customers and money.

• Reply to: Workforce Flexibility – Would it Work for the Postal Service?   2 months 4 days ago

I took the USPS career website exam in late Oct. (candidate #81359079). At the end of the exam you are emailed a link to take assessment test #473 with a very limited time to do so. As a result the career website lists me as failed and unqualified to apply for any USPS position. How do I arrange to take this test? The other problem is the driving history section with a question on damage to the vehicle expecting a % answer and the site will not accept any number I provide. I cannot find a website or person to help me with this situation which is very annoying. Why doesn't a help line exist??? Please help me solve these problems.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 5 days ago

Rachel,

I sent a message to the email you provided with the number to the Sioux Falls USPS Office of Consumer Affairs. This situation would best be handled by their office.

Thank you for your comment.

OIG Blog Moderator

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 5 days ago

I'd like someone to explain this to me. I live in Brookings. I brought packages to a local drug store on Saturday, the 20th, and dropped them off around 3 in the afternoon. I paid for Priority Mail (not PM Express), and the expected delivery date on all 4 packages was Monday. Not surprisingly, all but one are apparently still sitting here in Brookings. But 2 of them show this on the tracking info:

December 22, 2014 , 12:01 am
    Acceptance
    BROOKINGS, SD 57006

Your item was accepted at 12:01 am on December 22, 2014 in BROOKINGS, SD 57006. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

December 20, 2014 , 7:17 pm
    Arrived at USPS Origin Facility .
    SIOUX FALLS, SD 57104

I have called twice and chatted online with customer service reps, and no one can tell me why these items are all sitting in Brookings, though they were apparently sent to Sioux Falls the same day I dropped them off. I made it a point to get gifts for my parents and sisters mailed by the suggested Dec. 20th deadline, in the hopes that they'd receive them BEFORE Christmas. Now delivery is showing the day after Christmas, which normally wouldn't be a big deal, but it's now very likely that the bread and cookies I made as gifts will be stale or otherwise not good. According to your own Priority Mail map, my area is only supposed to take 2 days, possibly 3. Even if I accept that my packages sat somewhere for 2 days before being mailed, they should still be delivered on Christmas Eve, assuming they left Brookings yesterday (which they have not yet, according to the tracking info online). Next year, I will spend the extra money for UPS, and not rely on the post office.

• Reply to: Season's Greetings   2 months 6 days ago

this one it was more better to understand.
    About the USPS is a great service for the community, Because is always on time. specially when we know the time that is for our Home to come, we get our mail on time or any other different mail.

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   2 months 6 days ago

Suzanne,
    I sent a message to the email you provided with the number to the Houston USPS Office of Consumer Affairs. This situation would best be handled by their office.
    Thank you for your comment.
    OIG Blog Moderator

• Reply to: Opportunity Knocks   2 months 6 days ago

Jen,
    I sent a message to the email you provided with the number of your local Office of Consumer Affairs. At this point, unless you feel your package was stolen by a postal employee, it is not something our office would investigate.

• Reply to: Which of the three options are you most interested in seeing the Postal Service pursue?   2 months 6 days ago

Debra,
    I sent a message to the email address you provided and included the phone number to your local USPS Office of Consumer Affairs. At this point, unless you feel that your package was stolen by a Postal employee, it is not something our office would investigate.

Mr. Espinosa,
    Thank you for your question. The information you are requesting concerning your complaint must be made through our Freedom of Information Act Office (FOIA). Under the "Contact Us" tab at the top of this page, click on "FOIA" and you will find the information on how to make a FOIA request or you may email them at foia@uspsoig.gov.

Why does the OIG not follow up with complaints from letter carriers? I've reported several incidents of misconduct with not a single response of any action.

It's obvious by your statement "just riding around in delivery trucks and walking to mailboxes delivering mail and packages". You forgot to mention In ALL WEATHER AND CLIMATES. How ofthen do you work out side for 7hrs (1hr in the office in the morning) with only 1/2 hr for lunch and two 10min breaks? I'll bet you say never. Even cutting your grass, or cleaning the yard doesn't take 7hrs and you'll stop for frequent breaks. I have a walking route and believe me, it sure isn't "a walk in the park". Broken stairs, broken sidewalks, loose dogs, sharp metal on mailboxes, trash cans in the way and all kinds of hazards in all neighborhoods. Not to mention driving with people that think "you're going too slow", when you're doing the speed limit and they just want to speed on by. We have a start-time and end-time that some magic computer determines the time it should take to deliver the mail, of course "crap in = crap out" and the numbers are not realistic. Throw a heavy bag over your shoulder some day and grab a few boxes too, then go for a 7+ hr walk around your whole neighborhood and see how you feel. Better yet, do it for a whole year, so you can experience all the seasons too. I don't want to sell stamps, that means I would have 2 things, 1) something of value (stamps) and 2) money for some scumbag to try to steal from me. No thank you. They want us to sell stamps? Put a vending machine on the side of my truck. Hell, might as well put a mail slot right next to it too.

• Reply to: Opportunity Knocks   2 months 1 week ago

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arrived at USPS Origin Facility BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 December 12, 2014 2:36 am
    Departed Post Office SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ 85143 December 10, 2014 6:44 pm
    Picked Up SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ 85143 December 10, 2014 5:11 pm
    Shipping Label Created SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ 85143 December 9, 2014 10:31 pm

This does not show my package was processes or ever departed Bell Gardens Origin facility. But states in transit. Its now 3 days past expected delivery date. How can it be in transit if it never was processed and scanned departed?

Thank you for looking into this.

• Reply to: Delivery and Safety: A Two-Way Street   2 months 1 week ago

My daily mail delivery always arrives after 5:00, and I worry about the safety of my carrier. It is very dark when he arrives, and the streets in San Francisco are not well-lit. And, he must walk up uneven, unlit walkways to put the mail through mail-slots in resident's doors, which are set back from the street. Many of these are lower "service" doors, which are not used for entrance by residents and visitors, and so are unlit at night. I think this new schedule is dangerous for the carriers. I don't want my carrier to be subjected to dangerous conditions, but personally, I do not have the resources to light my lower walkway for the sole use of my mail carrier at night, so it's a bad situation all around. I think the mail should be delivered during normal business hours, for the benefit of carriers and residents alike.

• Reply to: Which of the three options are you most interested in seeing the Postal Service pursue?   2 months 1 week ago

What can we do when we print a priority mail label, schedule a pickup, get a conformation number that it was picked up and there is no tracking of the package??? Nobody seems to know where my package is. VERY FRUSTRATING!! PLEASE don't tell me to file a complaint - did that. No call back. My local post office is no help so many excuses.
    I thought your packages were scanned when your post man picks them up? Now I have someone mad at me because this was a Christmas gift and I'm out almost $200.00.
    I need some help here!