• Reply to: Have you ever shopped on one of Alibaba’s websites?   2 months 3 weeks ago

i have been waiting on a package since may 1. my package has sat in atlanta for five fu ing days. how ridiculous is this for the united states postal service. its like they do not care about their job.you go to their customer service sight and it is the biggest runaround i have ever had the displeasure i have had. no wonder nobody is doing business with you! thanks for everything you havent done for me.

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   2 months 3 weeks ago

I recently started running a business out of my home (2 months) and 1 check sent to me with the correct address was sent back to sender, now I have 2 other clients that claimed they sent me a check (more than 10 days ago) and I still have not received them.
    My company name is: BB Design + Printing
    My zip is: 33309
    I am very concerned about this...

• Reply to: Where Have All the Pallets Gone?   2 months 3 weeks ago

i have in my companie pallets for returned to post office y need a contact for that. i have 100 pallets more or less

• Reply to: The Curious Ups and Downs of Mail Volume Declines   2 months 3 weeks ago

In my opinion you can't see the forrest for the trees. Sooner or later you are going to have to admit "boots on the ground" delivering mail to the wrong address are on the increase. This seems particularily true for your substitute carriers that replaces the regualars on their day off.
    What's the point of someone shipping something via USPS, have it make it to the local post office and then disappear somewhere in the neighborhood.
    My zip code is 84094. I am serviced by the post office 84070. I have complained to the postmaster so much he gave me his phone number to call him. But nothing seems to change.
    The past year I have had to collect two of my packages a block east of me and give packages back to the mailman and postmaster that were not mine.
    Today a person (not the mailman) dropped off my package of mail order medications that was delivered to his house two blocks north of me.
    I'm thinking about passing out flyers inviting neighbors to call me when they receive mail not addressed to them so I can pass the information on to the postmaster.

Yes - changes in service standards are yet another factor impacting mail use over time, and it is likely those impacts vary by geographic area. Other potential “service-related” factors are closing of post offices, changes to window service hours, and online access to postage. These are all examples where this kind of research could lead to segmented strategies focused on retaining customers and improving postal services. Thank you for your comment and suggestion.

• Reply to: The Curious Ups and Downs of Mail Volume Declines   2 months 4 weeks ago

An interesting follow up report would be how much the baseline demand changes with the decline in service standards. The 2015 change in service standards and the inability of the USPS to meet the new lower standards with its "right sized" network is motivating some of this "base" of demand for FCM to disappear.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 months 4 weeks ago

Having a problem getting service at the Mountain Pine, Arkansas Post Office. Could not get anyone to come to the front desk, could hear people in the back talking and laughing, but would not respond to the bell. In which, could not get stamps to mail off letters.5/04/2015

Thank you for your post and support for “regional” strategies that improve postal services. This initial research looked at “geographic areas,” which were based on 3-digit ZIP Codes, and used data by Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas. Unfortunately, that level of analysis could not fully take into account the diverse nature of communities, as in the 60-mile radius of your office, and perfectly isolate demand for mail by block or street or address. As analysts, we agree with your insight that the geographic areas are a broad grouping and drilling down deeper would unearth other important insights and be potentially groundbreaking. We plan to explore this in future work.

Thank you for your comment and observation on how technology impacts use of the mail and is increasingly a substitute for traditional hard copy correspondence and transactions. Widespread adoption of that technology is likely one major cause for the surprisingly consistent declines in mail use across demographic groups that we observed in this initial research. As you note, there is likely a geographic relationship as well. We plan to more fully explore the impacts of additional significant factors including cell phone coverage and high speed internet connectivity in follow-up work.

• Reply to: Having Problems with Your Time and Attendance Records? The OIG Wants to Hear From You.   2 months 4 weeks ago

The supervisor are going into the computer changing employees time for when they work for 8 hours and they really work for 10. They are also giving people time who don't work and have them on the clock saying they work that day. Another problem they have is that the supervisor are going around telling coworker (PSE's) they will be regular if they are willing to sleep with them. Something has to be done, I ain't never been on no job were supervisor and management are falsifying employees time and sexual harrasing employees and getting away with it. This really needs to stop.

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   2 months 4 weeks ago

The system is broken. It is inefficient and inconsistent. The ISC is one of the biggest reasons why the USPS is losing money and customers like me. I have a registered letter from Germany that has been at ISC NY for more than a month (tracking# RB108469614DE) and a package from Japan (tracking# CD190638335JP) that is still at ISC San Francisco for more than two weeks. I don't know whether they're stolen, lost or just sitting there waiting for processing. There is no clear answer and non-existent customer service. They already lost a previous letter of mine and it's been a frustrating experience. If you let this go on, I will let every person I know and every merchant I buy from to use other means of delivery because this is unacceptable. I wouldn't mind paying more, I just want consistency and reliability. Like any other business, I paid for these services so I expect you to do what you said that you'd do--deliver my mail and packages.

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   2 months 4 weeks ago

Good idea. Keeps the unknown companies popping up trying to "get" our mail... unsecure at minimum. I rather have the USPS continue to be the experts not some unknown wanna be.

• Reply to: The Curious Ups and Downs of Mail Volume Declines   3 months 1 day ago

Why do you think mail volume declines vary by region? you have the answers already, broken down demographically. Do you see an opportunity to launch “regional” strategies of any kind? A HUGE YES. In fact, the chosen word "regional" sounds to be to broad.
    Just in a 60 mile radius of my office. We have a Naval Base, University and colleges, a retirement (snowbird) community, several tourist communities, industrial, farm land, shipping/docks with all supporting businesses and a wide range of household income and ages.
    Each Post Office handles a different type of customer. No two are alike. And no office handles the entire list of examples. In just 12 miles the difference in median age and income drops dramatically from one post office to another. One office is higher income and older, another is much lower income and much lower median age by 20 years.
    The data is already available, it just needs to be drilled down.
    It would be a dream come true in my job to see the USPS actually look at things from the bottom up when making decisions.

Why is there a decline in FCM utilization across demographic groups? I think it is simply a more global access to telecommunications technology. The telephone could never supplant mail for important communications but email with attachments certainly seem to be cutting tremendous inroads into FCM. The early PCs were very expensive and without the user friendly interface. Now they are relatively inexpensive and the software can prompt you for appointments, responses and much more than you even care about. Now, indeed, many things can be done on cell phones or mini-pad, obviating the need for paper communication. It seems like owning one is de rigor for all demographics, the unemployed, the 4th Grader, the affluent, the elderly (albeit at a slower clip) independent of education, income and most likely regionally. Perhaps the absence of cell phone towers and high speed internet connectivity in West Virgina or regions that are rural, remote and economically depressed explains the relatively slower rate of decline of FCM utilization.

Thank you for your interest in the report and for your feedback. We agree that plant consolidations and closings contribute to regional variations in mail volume, particularly in certain areas. We acknowledge this explicitly in the report, but do not think this alters the initial conclusion that mail use varies greatly by region. For example, plant consolidations and closings will not have as severe an impact on mail use trends for a state as it does for any given area, and our research shows that mail use varies greatly by state (see Appendix C of the report). Raising the issue that mail use is not uniform across geographic areas is a necessary first step in the discussion of this important topic. We hope that discussion will not only advance and refine this research, but more importantly lead to improvements in postal services. To your point, we plan to examine the effects of the closure and consolidation of processing facilities on mail volumes, as well as research the effects of the many other contributing factors, in follow-up work. We welcome your additional thoughts.

• Reply to: Should the Postal Service continue its consolidation plan?   3 months 4 days ago

The plants can't handle the work they have now. Expess mail failures have increased and the expected day of deliveries are not being met and customers are complaining daily. Keep the plants open to increase the processing of mail and grow the business. Closing plants and delaying the mail will only chase customers away from the business and when the Postal Service decides to privatize, they won't have any customers to serve. Who wants that kind of business.

• Reply to: The Curious Ups and Downs of Mail Volume Declines   3 months 5 days ago

How many of the Plants in the low decline group absorbed processing done previously by another Plant? How many of the Plants in the high decline groups lost processing to another Plant? For instance, Muncie and Lafayette Indiana lost their outgoing distribution to Kokomo Indiana prior to 2013. Because Kokomo's processing volumes were relatively small, the gain when expressed as a number would look small, but when expressed as a percentage would look large. Bloomington and Terre Haute also lost processing to Indianapolis. But because the volumes handled in Indy were large, the change in the percentage would be lesser than the change in a small Plant like Kokomo.

less people use fcm more are useing emial and tweeder

• Reply to: Ad Mail Delivery: The Closer the Better   3 months 6 days ago

I have a bank of boxes with neighbors in our small apartment building. We all go thru the front locked door then to the mailboxes. I do and can hear the others. We get fliers from the local markets and look for them and Bed, Bath & Beyond when they come out. I certainly do not want a central "cluster" box and am sure the others would agree. Our carrier gives great service delivering AND picking up our mail "to go".

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   3 months 1 week ago

Air conditioning please! Its like being inside of a tin can and always 20 degrees hotter in the vehicle even when its a 100 degrees outside. And all wheel drive for the snowy winters.

• Reply to: Network Consolidation: It Takes Two … Phases   3 months 1 week ago

Package is still not here. If it gets here on Mon April 27, that will be 2 weeks since it was posted. Again Indiana is only 2 states away from Pennsylvania and there are an excellent network of roads connecting the states via Ohio. Pitiful service.

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   3 months 1 week ago

I keep writing retun to sender on mail for a person that hasn't lived at this address in over 20 years. The postal service keeps sending it back to me. Any idea how I can get this mail sent back to where it came from? Multiple advertisements for credit cards.

• Reply to: We’re Just Askin’   3 months 1 week ago

Here's an idea...follow up on complaints and actually DO something about incompetent workers.

I have gotten NOTHING but my electric bill for the past six months. And I have been awaiting important documents. The first was a $6000 check which they "couldn't find" until we filed a formal complaint and had to have the check resent. I have also been waiting for a new bank card and my license plate renewal info...both expire next week. Kinda important.

I guess being a customer doesn't mean anything to your organization. Keep screwing people and see how that turns out for you.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   3 months 1 week ago

Hi, were you successful at obtaining the correct amount stamp/getting a refund?

I encountered a similar situation - I bought international stamps (2x $2.29) and the kiosk printed out 2x $0.49.
    I gave another kiosk a try and I bought one $2.29 and it printed out 3x forever stamps ($0.49).

I know it's only a few dollars more but it's frustrating to have to pay more than twice at the kiosk....

• Reply to: Not All Flat Rates are Equal - - Even if They Look Like it   3 months 1 week ago

Fedex is not that great, matter of fact, choose USPS over fedex any day.
    I was waiting for a signature necessary letter.
    He usually arrives at my home about 10-11 am, but this letter on the first day came at 4, next day, I stayed home until 11, then left work at 3 to get home by 4 only to find he came at 2, next day, went to work early came back at 12:15 hoping to be there early enough to catch them, and he had come at noon.
    Had to drive 45 minutes to get to the fedex station. Complained, but told he was trying to "find" a time to deliver it....how about the same time you normally come? None of this made sense to his supervisor who told me I could have just gone online and given a time, great, but I tried and that was not an option for me.
    The next time I received from this company I told them to use USPS and NOT fedex, they did, I got my express mail the next day!
    Fedex - no thanks!