• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

All rules that ALL USPS emplyoyees are to go by in the office that management directs us to. Then we watch management be the first ones to break the rules.

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

Another dumb thing un the P.O. is the hoy case and the 3m case.Heck get rid of the case alltogether. With FSS rolling out we should be fully automated.

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

As city carriers we are not allowed to case dps or occupants which leads to a 2 to 3 bundle system. Soon with FSS rolling out, we will be juggling up to four bundles. All carriers know that a one bundle system is the best way to go.

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

Build a new station install five security monitors INSIDE, then keep our dps mail OUTSIDE the building with no cameras, and no employees outside. drive right into the postal parking lot stop and pick up whatever amount of mail you want and drive right out the exit. no cameras, no employees, just easy pickings for thieves
    Gotta love the fools in charge!

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

Window clerks cannot open their cash drawer unless they are making a sale. Window clerks cannot keep more than $100 in their drawer overnight; but we can make customers wait until we find someone with change;Oh, then we can't open our drawer until we make another sale. Window clerks aren't allowed to postmark letters for customers. Mystery shopping "upsell script" Everyone hates this foolishness including supervisors and postmasters. Soon to be a retired SSA.

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

For blood drives, the rule you must badge out to give blood and then badge back in. In keeping with that rule, we should be required to swipe our time badge to enter a restroom and to leave it.

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

How about the unofficial rule that says you need 6 supervisors for every 10 craft?

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

I think the stupidist thing in our office is the DUVRS. That means that we must keep track of the volume of mail we get. The clerks are already keeping track of the volume. Why do we have to keep track too?!!!

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

How about the moronic rule about having personal items with us at our cases? I will never forget the time the POOM stopped at my case to tell my I couldn't have any personal items with me. When I asked her what personal items she was referring to, she pointed at a pack of gum, a box of kleenex, and a bag of cough drops. My only reply was "You drove 100 miles to tell me that? No wonder we're going broke."

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

Today I had to sit in the break room on standby time instead of taking lwop for 15 min????? That doesn't sound like saving money to me!! No good explination as to how this was better for the company either.

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

Oh this one's easy: disallowing single cell casing -- as opposed to bulk casing -- for NDCBU boxes.

You should inspect a carrier with NDCBUs and calculate the difference in delivery times between having their mail bulk cased vs. single cell cased. Delivering an NDCBU one piece at a time (bulk cased) -- as opposed to one address at a time (single cell cased) -- should yield some interesting results. And the difference in office times is negligible.

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

Regular rural carriers are salaried employees. Yet, we are required to report at stupid times and are encouraged (required) to work stupid dialy hours. It makes absolutely no difference in my pay if I work 11 hours or 6 hours today. My route is evaluated at 8 hours and 36 minutes and that is all the pay that I am going to get. Upper postal management is fixated on the hours thing. This is one of the most stupid rules that the Postal Service has. Get off rural carrier's backs let us deliver the mail. We used to be effiecient, but now, they want us to be like city carriers. They want us to be slow and inefficient. We were trained to work efficiently, do our jobs as quickly as possible and go home when we are finished. Stupid rules and regulations from upper managers that don't have a clue are costing USPS big bucks and they think that they are right. Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply to: Nationwide Wage Uniformity   5 years 7 months ago

After reading the posts on this blog I think the USPS should hire more people who graduate high school and can write understandable and mostly correct English.

Also, wages plus benefits as a package should never exceed public sector compensation. Job security should count for a good chunk of that. As a private citizen subject to the whims of the market, I feel envious of your job security and benefits.

Count your blessings postal workers.

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

how about that stupid rule that in the plants time cards MUST be in the rack and locked at all times. With todays timekeeping no one could clock someone else in and the supervisor not know.

the information on the time card should be on the employees ID badge like at costco and albertsons to name a few.

so much money could be saved when the supervisor does not unlock the time cards in time and then the supervisor must manually input the employees time.

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

Only 2 pitcures and a calender , to be hung on case !
    Family photo's remind us why we work and come back safely at the end of the day ! How do you pick which 2 children are placed on your case when you have 6 ?
    Let's concentrate on building business and cutting costs, not powertripping !

• Reply to: Silly Rules   5 years 7 months ago

Looking for more work are you?

• Reply to: Should the Postal Service Eliminate Sunday Mail Processing Operations?   5 years 7 months ago

WNY Clerk & Carrier comments both have hit a BIG nerve for USPS. (Portion of comment below" from "Periodicals", August 28 for you're consideration.

note: the applications in these devices literally
    have time sensitive dates included in the
    component. This means, the flyer is delivered like a text message to the persons "cell phone", "Blackberry", or other
    PCD, and the store cashier simply scans the
    coupon from the customer device. How Climate Green is that?
    No more printing the flyer, no more transporting the flyer, no more delivering the flyer.

*************

Does the term “Lemonade”, mean anything to any of the OIG’s technical staff?
    Hint-Hint….
    Mobile Internet Applications i.e., Black-BERRIES, I mean mobile application PCD’s.
    (PCD-Personal Communication Device)
    I mean wireless apps…. inferred as paperless media..
    Consider the electronic medical records (EMR)
    a reality within 24 months. (est.)
    Of course, Congress must first approve any current
    legislation.
    Also, lets look at the facts 08/29/09 “I-Phone
    sales increase 34 million units 3rd qtr. 2009.”

i agree with u closed 100 fsm on the sunday day

If the Post office really ran as a business. Management would try to find ways to expand and make revenue instead of taking the easy way out and "save money".

I also think auxiliary routes should be absorbed by established routes. Rural routes can handle much more territory, now, that volume is down. How foolish, that routes are cut to H Routes when my office has 3 Auxiliary Routes. My Salary is down $600/month. Yet, I can touch all the auxiliary boxes and wave to that carrier, when doing my own route. Management inflates their offices to maintain THEIR rate of pay,and keep extra supervisors and 204B's on the floor, while our pay decreases. It makes sense, that if everything is declining, why isn't the number of supervisors in an office declining? I want to have a company to retire from after serving 19 yrs and counting!!

Simply put, I say stop processing mail on sundays in plants where it is beneficial. Some plants require the mail processing time I'm sure.

There deffinitly is too many supervisors and managers. In the last package to reduce management there really seems to have been no cuts. I think I do see a managers job becoming a supervisory level job. Some of the in plant support at supervisor level pay are migrating to other unneeded positions. I have seen so much make work EAS positions since I have worked at the PO. I have to say the Post offices so called diversity plan is destroying the bussiness. It is obvious to me that the supervisors are not capable of managing operations of the importance that they do. This is what we get from our diversification and the the token white guy diversity program. Fill positions based on back ground and expertise. Not race and sex or sexual orientation. Thanks America...

I look at it as a whole, not about me. Maybe I'm one of the few that think of others.

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 7 months ago

On my route, it takes me 5 minutes to deliver to a 20 unit apartment complex.
    If I loose that complex, and it is replaced with 20 delivery points (Park & Loop), my route will have been made 15 minutes longer than it was before the loss of the apartment complex.

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 7 months ago

They must have been in a Park & Loop state of mind. It takes me one minute to walk from one delivery point to the next. How many pieces of mail can you finger in one minute?

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 7 months ago

My route was recognised as being 8 hours and didn't need an adjustment.

However...

The carrier servicing the route adjacent to mine is out of shape and cannot handle Park & Loop. during the adjustment process, 80 of my deliveries consisting of apartments were removed from my route. In exchange I was added 80 deliveries of Park & Loop.

The 80 delivery points I lost used to take me 20 minutes to deliver.
    The 80 delivery points added to my route take me 90 minutes to deliver!