• Reply to: Should the Postal Service Eliminate Sunday Mail Processing Operations?   5 years 6 months ago

i agree with u closed 100 fsm on the sunday day

If the Post office really ran as a business. Management would try to find ways to expand and make revenue instead of taking the easy way out and "save money".

I also think auxiliary routes should be absorbed by established routes. Rural routes can handle much more territory, now, that volume is down. How foolish, that routes are cut to H Routes when my office has 3 Auxiliary Routes. My Salary is down $600/month. Yet, I can touch all the auxiliary boxes and wave to that carrier, when doing my own route. Management inflates their offices to maintain THEIR rate of pay,and keep extra supervisors and 204B's on the floor, while our pay decreases. It makes sense, that if everything is declining, why isn't the number of supervisors in an office declining? I want to have a company to retire from after serving 19 yrs and counting!!

Simply put, I say stop processing mail on sundays in plants where it is beneficial. Some plants require the mail processing time I'm sure.

There deffinitly is too many supervisors and managers. In the last package to reduce management there really seems to have been no cuts. I think I do see a managers job becoming a supervisory level job. Some of the in plant support at supervisor level pay are migrating to other unneeded positions. I have seen so much make work EAS positions since I have worked at the PO. I have to say the Post offices so called diversity plan is destroying the bussiness. It is obvious to me that the supervisors are not capable of managing operations of the importance that they do. This is what we get from our diversification and the the token white guy diversity program. Fill positions based on back ground and expertise. Not race and sex or sexual orientation. Thanks America...

I look at it as a whole, not about me. Maybe I'm one of the few that think of others.

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 6 months ago

On my route, it takes me 5 minutes to deliver to a 20 unit apartment complex.
    If I loose that complex, and it is replaced with 20 delivery points (Park & Loop), my route will have been made 15 minutes longer than it was before the loss of the apartment complex.

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 6 months ago

They must have been in a Park & Loop state of mind. It takes me one minute to walk from one delivery point to the next. How many pieces of mail can you finger in one minute?

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 6 months ago

My route was recognised as being 8 hours and didn't need an adjustment.

However...

The carrier servicing the route adjacent to mine is out of shape and cannot handle Park & Loop. during the adjustment process, 80 of my deliveries consisting of apartments were removed from my route. In exchange I was added 80 deliveries of Park & Loop.

The 80 delivery points I lost used to take me 20 minutes to deliver.
    The 80 delivery points added to my route take me 90 minutes to deliver!

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 6 months ago

Delivering to 20 delivery points (park & loop) takes me 20 minutes. Delivering to a 20 unit apartment only takes me 5 minutes on my route.

Sooo.

If I loose my 5 minute apartment building, I will be added 20 minutes onto my route? That will make my route 15 minutes longer than before.

• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   5 years 6 months ago

Probably was in a Park & Loop state of mind. It takes me One Minute to walk from one Delivery Point to the next. I finger as I walk, How many pieces of mail can you finger in One Minute?

A noted point in my last comment, by this evening,
    the Senate Finance Committee will presumably be
    wrapping up their extensive review of the Medicare portion of their "current" House driven "NATIONAL HEALTH CARE PLAN".

The number's for consideration equal roughly
    42% of the overall compliment. Which severely
    complicates the Medicaid component of the bill.

See: 1017 pp of.... well, you know.. right?
    H.R. 3200 July 2009

Not until they start laying off management...which they and YOU will never do.....YOU (the OIG) lays in bed with management!!!! You are ALWAYS attacking craft, not management!!!

HOW CUTE???

TO LOU THE MANAGER, I WOULDN'T GIVE YOU TEN CENTS TO GET LOST OR FOR YOUR STUPID OPINION, YOU JUST STAY HERE AND SUFFER LIKE THE REST OF US! NOW THAT THINGS ARE GETTING HARD FOR MANAGEMENT AND THEY ARE BEING HELD RESPOSIBLE NOW THEY WANT TO FLEE! GET OFF YOUR CHAIR AND GO COUNT ALL THE MAIL FOR THE THREE TOUR MDO AND BE PREPARED FOR HER OR HIS NEXT CALL IN FIFTEEN MINUTES, LATER SUCKER!!

its all about you, right?

you can not have split days off, it is not allowed in the contract!! people wake up, the reason the union negotiated the end of split days off was because of abusive managers like the ones in monmouth who had clerks with split days off like tues/fri on tour one. do you want to sign up for that? only if you are a loner or an idiot!

not allowed in the clerk craft CBA!read your contrast!

you got that right brother, but the problem that they face is the consecutive days off in the CBA, they would have to redo everything in the plants and would need more people to staff the rest of the week.

they are too busy prosecuting all the thieving managers all around the country, especially the one that was running your place for awhile until he got kicked out and forced to retire and now he is going to jail, there are a lot more of these hypocrits around!!

do you work sundays for twenty years? stop being so selfish!

• Reply to: Brainstorm Ideas Part 2   5 years 6 months ago

Not in my office, only the "select" few get away with that...and that's when there is work to do! Management looks the other way, while the other clerks carry the load..they (management) are not doing their jobs, which is to manage the employees...might as well be sitting in their office reading the news...or talking to their friends on the phone..or having the clerks deal with customer complaints/delivery problems...oh...oops...that right...that is what they are doing...and getting their bonuses....hmm

• Reply to: Mystery Shoppers   5 years 6 months ago

Because 95% (or more) of customers will go with the cheapest way.

I'm not totally prepared to furnish a comprehensive
    comment on this issue. Moreover, it's not simply a
    matter of "cutting" a day based on the 24 hr clock
    strategic operations model.

After I complete an analysis of an interesting economic report I'm reading, I can better respond.

But, first it is necessary to examine a compelling problem associated with the current employment structure, and associated collective bargaining mechanisims in place.
    Then, consider the current employment numbers as
    identified in the September newsletter, from which I
    have derived the following hypothetical yet reasonable
    scenario;

On any given day, The USPS employs (est) 767,000 people, of which potentially 225,000 are off sick, plus an additional 100,000 on either "light duty", "disability", or workers "comp".

Now, fill in the daily operations blanks with the remaining compliment of employees whom don't actively handle mail, or operations thereof......

I agree...cancel Sat. operations in processing plants...mail doesn't get anywhere and would make more work for Sun premium pay

• Reply to: Automation and the Life of the Letter Carrier   5 years 6 months ago

"DPS mail is picked up by the carrier on the way to the vehicle and does not need additional manual sorting. The purpose of the DPS program is to reduce the amount of time carriers spend in the office manually sorting letters, thereby reducing cost and improving accuracy and speed of delivery.".......that must not be a universal idea, heck in our office management allows culling of DPS(before routes are pulled down). Some carriers will finger every piece, removing the bad(sometimes upwards of a half hour),this practice has gone on for years. Don't even question 3rd bundle ads which are cased in by some the morning they go out. My point is with most posts so eager to belittle management, who's at fault here? Management for allowing it or the carriers who do it on their own accord. There was a time I really liked my job, but not when both parties are guilty in my book for not trying to insure the longevity of the postal service. My username says it all.