• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   2 months 3 weeks ago

I appreciate that Uber has disrupted the taxi industry and injected some much-needed competition into it, which only benefits consumers. But the move to the Uber model of surge pricing in other industries is disappointing. Consumers are already squeezed in so many ways ("convenience" fees, fuel surcharges etc.), now arbitrary surge pricing can be tacked on at the supplier or provider's discretion. We hear a lot of talk about the empowered customer, but the customer doesn't hold many cards if a duopoly of providers in a particular industry or industries decide to charge the same price and apply the same new fees to their services. As a postal stakeholder, I suspect the USPS is leaving money on the table by not following suit and charging DIM weight and fuel surcharges, but as a consumer, I am thankful. Hopefully, the USPS can continue to serve as a price ceiling of sorts that UPS and FedEx have to respect or risk losing business to.

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   2 months 3 weeks ago

Until gas gets back to where it was on Jan 20th, 2009 ($1.80 nation wide per gallon). There will be no love.We have the potential to do it, we don't have the administration that wants fossil fuel, period, so they want the cost to be high. POTUS has so much as said so. Gas prices drive everything in the economy.

• Reply to: Do you agree with the Postal Service’s decision to change the name of Express Mail and rename Parcel Post?   2 months 3 weeks ago

I mistook your new envelope for a Priority Mail envelope and my package came back. Who came up with the hair-brained idea to name Express Mail Priority mail? I'll bet you thousands of people are picking up the wrong envelopes. In my case, apparently there were no Priority Mail envelopes, so I just assumed the Priority Express Mail envelope was used for both. Now that would make sense. Save on printing costs.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   2 months 3 weeks ago

You have to write your congressman or senator and then hound them...or go through the media. Otherwise you will be told, " we don't investigate that" or "we don't have any authority over that" or "you can make a report, but it will immediately become inactive".

I filed a complaint about my postmaster. She investigated herself, said she spoke with me and apologized (when she did not), and then closed my case.

I am meeting with the press this week along with some of my neighbors. After that we are meeting with our elected officials.

I hope you have better luck!

• Reply to: Ideas on the Doorstep   2 months 3 weeks ago

It took me calling the Consumer advocates office in Washington to FINALLY get a call back from my district office. I was thirty days in to my complaint process. I was sent to phone numbers that weren't answered and my messages were not returned.

Call the Postal Headquarters and ask to be transfered to the Consumer Advocate.

(202) 268-2500

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   2 months 3 weeks ago

When you file that complaint, here are some of the things you might experience...(at least they are my experiences, so far..B

1. You will talk to.some nice folks at a contract call center who have ZERO authority if you call the 1-800 number. Don't expect to speak with anyone who might actual have any authority.

2. If you suspect a.person in a.postion of authority, such as the postmaster, then know that he or she will be investigating their own case. Oh! And, if he or she wants to just say theyspoke with you and apologized then CLOSE the case. They CAN! There is zero over-site and no checks and balances.

3. Hopefully, you are not in the Rio Grande district, but if you are, you will be routed to a phone number that is never answered and told to leave a message. You may get a return call after you contact the Consumer Advocate's office in Washington...but you have to write a letter.

4. After about 30 days, you will probably speak to someone who will tell you that the person who lied about your case is protected by the union, so they will most likely be required to watch a customer service training video.

Good luck!
    Theresa

• Reply to: How often did you use your smartphone to pay for things this holiday season?   2 months 3 weeks ago

Hi, I work for a leading mobile app development company (www.midgr.com) and specialize in Mobile Commerce solutions.

I dont see how anyone would be comfortable paying through apps. Taking Apple Pay for example. All you have to do is bump your phone, click your screen and you're good to go. Safer than carrying cash or getting your credit card processed where you're clueless if the processing machine that's being used is legit or something for stealing the data on your card.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   2 months 3 weeks ago

3 days ago I stopped at the mailbox as usual but what surprised me was the orange card saying sorry we missed you and you can retrieve your package at the local office. The wife was home all day so we called and we're notified that the mail carriers were no longer allowed to deliver to the door. We live in a rural area off a private road leaving the mail box 1/8 mile from the door and our drive is 100 yards long. The post office is 5 miles away and now we have to pick up packages instead of the usual delivery or we're told the carrier will be terminated if found doing the right thing by delivering our packages. What's wrong with the system?
    Amazon buyers beware, your packages will be delayed as you will have to find time to pick it up yourself.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   2 months 3 weeks ago

I recently mailed packages to my two sons in the Atlanta area. They have slightly different zip codes, and I must have switched the zip codes when I wrote on the packages, but I wrote the street addresses correctly. I took the two packages to my local post office, and the clerk said nothing about the zip codes being wrong when assessing the postage. According to the tracking information, both boxes were initially classified as "undeliverable" for "insufficient address" when they reached their destination post offices. One box, however, was apparently sorted to the correct post office and delivered a couple of days later. The other one sat there for ten days, unbeknownst to me, because the tracking information did not say exactly where it was, and then came back to me. Not only was I very disappointed the contents did not arrive for my granddaughter's birthday, but I had to pay return postage to pick up the package and more postage to send it again. Why did the intake process when I dropped off the packages not flag the zip code problem immediately? I can't take a package with a wrong zip code to your competitors, UPS, or order something online with the wrong zip code; they would flag it immediately. And YOU GUYS own that zip code database, so WHY would it not be caught immediately on intake, or sorted out in about 30 seconds at the receiving post office instead of letting the package sit there for ten days and then begin a long and expensive trip back where it came from? This is a good example of why UPS is looking like a better alternative. Although perhaps a little more expensive initially, I would not have had to pay THREE TIMES and wait several weeks for that package to go back and forth across the country. When I asked the clerk at our post office about this, she began some blame-shifting song and dance about the Atlanta post office, not addressing how they could have helped at the intake point and why they didn't. Any comments? Because I'm finally switching over to UPS.

• Reply to: Ideas on the Doorstep   2 months 3 weeks ago

Just an update, I have opened a Another case on this. I have also spoke to consumer affairs and they are not willing to do anything. I did speak to someone and got the number for the regional manager here in Michigan and left her a message, but still no call back in almost a week. This is just completely unacceptable. The US Postal Service needs to get their act together. Oh, and my package still hasn't made it to its destination.

• Reply to: Overtime as a Management Tool   2 months 3 weeks ago

City carriers in Laconia,NH have been mandated on thier days off for almost a year.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   2 months 3 weeks ago

Mr. De La Torre,
    Thank you for your comment. So we may investigate this matter, please file a complaint with our office. You can file online at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form or by calling 1-888-877-7644.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   2 months 3 weeks ago

I'm very disappointed with the USPS. I mailed by Express Mail very important documents on 2/25/15, my recipient was expecting them on 2/2615. I have the impression a dishonest employee at the Denver sorting facility kept my my documents. Last year, I purchased a book online and "misteriously" disappeared at the Denver sorting facility. General Inspector, please investigate why mail is not being delivered. Thank you.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   2 months 3 weeks ago

I have noticed a sharp increase in damaged mail, especially magazines, over the last 5 years. Too often my magazine are water damaged and/or torn to the point i can't separate the pages. If it's a rainy day, often my First Class mail is soaked to the point it can't be unfolded even when my mailbox is completely dry. Damage also occurs on dry days, usually exhibiting as tears. Frequently there are holes in packages I've received. I've stopped the majority of my magazine subscriptions because I use the information in them for reference and training, not to read and toss.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   2 months 3 weeks ago

today is 2/26/15 on 2/15/15 a sunday a package was attempted to be delivered to my job but we are not open weekends so no package (by the way no where on any USPS sight does it say sunday deliveries)monday was afederal holiday so you might think tuesday i would get it you would be wrong a call was made to find out why not (20 minutes of ringing later ) told been reschedualed for delivery its on the truck wednesday no package thursday,friday monday ,tuesday wednesday same today 2/26/15 called to find out why (27minutes of ringing) was told WE ONLY TRY ONCE TO REDELIVER PACKAGES YOU MUST COME AND GET IT YOUR SELF now comes the funny part don't come now becouse its still on the truck
    can you possibly tell me how you pay people to drive around with mail you wont deliver?

• Reply to: Six Years and Still Going Strong   2 months 3 weeks ago

"The primary responsibility of the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General is to prevent, detect, and report fraud, waste, and misconduct; and to conduct independent audits and investigations of Postal Service programs and operations to ensure their efficiency and integrity."

I'd like to discuss a postmaster's misconduct. But, no one will return my call, or I get passed around from department to department. Let's discuss a postmaster who makes statements like, "I will fix her/him" after a consumer makes a complaint? How about "dishonesty" by way of saying "management met with customer and apologized when no such conversation took place"? Did I sleep through that conversation and apology? How about unprofessional and unethical behavior such as a postmaster closing a complaint filed against her? Or a postmaster who throws my package over handed 15 feet after I make a complaint?

I'd like to discuss audits and investigations of programs and operations but, again, no one returns calls or I get transferred from department to department...How about a Consumer Affairs department that doesn't return phone calls? How about websites with forms that don't work and links that go to pages that don't exist? How about the OIG's own site that refers you to "Page not found"?

Icd like to discuss efficiency, but...well, you get the picture... I believe the website states "3 days to resolve issues". I am on day 30. What is efficient about having to write my congressman or senator before I receive a return phone call?

What is efficient or effective about "talking" to an employee about misconduct or unprofessional and unethical behavior? How effective is requiring a person with no integrity to watch a video about customer service? IT'S NOT!

NOT a happy customer!

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   2 months 4 weeks ago

Hello I enjoy US Postal Service very much and your delivery products and I also enjoy going to my local Post Office for your assistance and help with my postal needs keep up the great work folks I know you work very hard and smart for us your friendly customer and consumer Thank You.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   2 months 4 weeks ago

cuando recibo mis beneficios para yp poder cobrar mis fondos y mis beneficios mi nombre es joseluis landa ramirez y mi celular es 0115217772867877

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   2 months 4 weeks ago

Sure..because you're a letter carrier...rural carriers aren't parked on the street corner while the carrier does loops.we are in them 5-6 hours a day!

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   2 months 4 weeks ago

Exactly.the biggest problems in the northern half of the country are lack of traction,heat in winter and blistering hot in summer..no a/c..we call them Unsafe At any Speed in rural country in the winter.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   3 months 5 hours ago

Junk mail mixing with first class mail, the analogy is when You buy a first class seat on an airplane, this real first-class should have no contact with junk mail. the junk mail has a palace or the 1st class has a place but over time I have been a victim of mixed mail trashing the good mail accidentally, a vacuum pack of junk mail, or the option of receiving it , altogether or refusing junk mail, .

• Reply to: Ideas on the Doorstep   3 months 18 hours ago

The first way to increase revenue for the post office would be to actually be reliable!! I have mostly switched to using FedEx whenever possible, USPS just isn't reliable and dealing with your customer service is like pulling teeth from a grizzly bear, not to mention the fact that the average time to talk to someone on the phone is roughly 45 miniutes(if they don't disconnect you or transfer you three times). I found that most packages I ship out with usps end up with inadequate tracking information, and I haven't had one yet in the last 6 months that hasn't had at least one issue. This is the latest: shipped out a priority Mail international package from my local post office in Michigan on February 4th, only tracking information from that point said in route to sort facility, finally updated on February 21st and says it is at the sort facility in Chicago. Really!!! That's a 3 1/2 hour drive from my post office, how can that take 17 days??? So understandably The gentleman that is expecting this package is very upset. How do I explain to him that our post office Can't do their job? This package still has to go across Canada. How much longer is that going to take? I probably wouldn't be so upset if this was the first time it's happened in quite a while but it's happened every time I have sent a package in the last six months! I'm sorry but it really doesn't surprise me that you're losing money and customers. I cringe every time I have to mail a package with you anymore and I only do it as a last resort. And I'm definitely not the only one that feels this way but your service just continues to go down hill.

• Reply to: Be Careful What You Assume   3 months 2 days ago

You are so out of touch with reality! Where do you get your facts? "No one likes junk mail. 99% of it ends up in the landfill." Really? I deliver the "junk" and I know you are incorrect.
    Also, the postal service's business is booming. Our package delivery has increased rapidly. People want their deliveries today, NOT in three days. If UPS and FedEx wanted to deliver letters, do you really think they would do it for 49 cents? Heck no!
    And, if UPS and FedEx had to prefund their retirement and healthcare benefits the way in which USPS is forced, they wouldn't be able to!
    If the postal service went to two day/week delivery, as you propose, what's going to happen to the 100,000 people now out of good middle class jobs?
    The Postal Service is not supposed to be profitable. It's supposed to hold it's own (which it more than does.) It is supposed to be a service to the American people. It supposed to be the tie that binds our great nation together. Why do you want to see it gone?

• Reply to: Be Careful What You Assume   3 months 2 days ago

Obviously you have never delivered mail for the usps. If you had, you would easily understand how delivering mail just 2 days per week would never work. I am in a medium size level 18 office and if you considered all the mail and parcels we deliver all week (20,000 letters, 8,000 flats and 3000 parcels) you would be able to consider that cutting that down to 2 days per week, the carriers would spend 12 hours one day in the office sorting all of the mail, then the next day they would be delivering mail and parcels for 12-14hrs. Plus they would need to deliver their routes out of a small semi because they could never fit all of the mail and parcels into a regular size vehicle.
    Ive worked for FedEx and UPS and 25yrs in the USPS. Of all three companies, the USPS is the most productive. Neither one of those companies could handle the volumes we get. UPS drivers often complain of a heavy day and having 125 stops on their routes. I have one aux route in my office that is 3 hours long and they deliver 387 stops.
    I am tired of being a govt rug that politicians wipe their feet on. We do more in one day than our congress does in a whole year.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   3 months 3 days ago

Hello Randall,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this issue. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

In a matter such as this, please file a complaint online at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form. By completing this form it will provide our offices with the critical information needed to look into this matter.