• Reply to: What’s an Internet of Postal Things?   17 hours 54 min ago

If not closely supervised this idea will fall by the side of the road similar to Rigid Trays, RFID on MPE, Storage Cluster bins on streets, etc.
    All affected departments need by in and program management lead must be at the VP direct report level

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   17 hours 56 min ago

You propose a Virtual Post Box to link to a P.O. Box. Yet USPS and law enforcement have said that customers had to stop using P.O. Boxes for certain things, even those which were constitutionally-protected acts. Now you want to allow the use of P.O. Boxes as long as yo can (a) be the sole provider of those boxes and (b) control what goes into them.

I think not. USPS can't even perform its' primary mission without constantly going back to see more money for less efficiency and poorer performance. Why should it then seek to expand its' mission, when it hasn't even be able to perform the one it was found for?

Or so it appears to the average citizen. If the appearance isn't correct, then that indicates USPS has failed in its' ancillary mission, to inform, educate, and keep citizens apprised of what it actually does.

Consolidate, Restructure, Get back to the primary purpose.

Or go bankrupt and stop wasting customers' time and money.

• Reply to: Postal Senior Service?   20 hours 19 min ago

great ideas

• Reply to: Postal Senior Service?   20 hours 27 min ago

With the current state of delivery service, I would venture that homebound persons would go hungry before their goods were delivered by the Postal Service. In our area, we feel fortunate indeed to actually have the mail, indeed the correct mail, delivered in a timely fashion.

While many of the "old time" letter carriers knew their customers, the newer carriers don't bother to interact with their customers at all. No more ringing the bell when they have a Priority Mail package; instead it's just thrown somewhere close to the doorstep. The carrier has absolutely no idea who lives in the home. Our old carrier who has moved on to better things knew the route, who was inform, who was on medical assist devices and would check on them, Never going to happen with the new carriers who want to dump the mail and move on. If you try and give them something else to do their supervisors will complain they don't deliver fast enough, a cause for poor service currently.

How about getting back to delivering the mail efficiently? And quit whining about how much you lose every year because you constantly have retirement and benefit issues. Get your big boy pants on and run this like a private enterprise, not one that depends on the government dole to bail you out every year.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   2 days 14 hours ago

USPS office in crosstown, hold my parcel. They insist me to come to office all time. I scheduled through Internet to come to Saturday. The offfice lady said we are sorry, we did not deliver today.
    She insist me to come their office. Their office is not in center, there are alot of trouble maker in the street. I what them to phone me if they can not catch , they say it's against the policy. I called several times please deliver, they say we do not have time, come to collect to office. I scheduled online for redelivery, they did not come. I am foreigner so, it deliberate action. I want the government make some rules that they can not do the things they want but abide by rule of law.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   3 days 10 hours ago

I am disabled and have been trying for 2 hrs now to get thru online with my problem that they took my mailbox away cuz I was late. I had to rely on a ride. The woman was mean. I was crying and there were other patrons. She demanded 27.00$ which I don't have then said nope, nothing I can do for you, next. Here online after repeatedly stating problem, it comes back...no such address. I beg to differ. It's on my paperwork when I bought this home. I stated my address and get shut down. Pleas, please, please, help! I get no mail from my Drs, family, bills, etc. I'm at my wits end. Stress like this sets people back, you know? They used to be kind at the Frazier park PO.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   3 days 22 hours ago

My packages that ordered from oversees have been tied up at the NORTH HOUSTON and the Coppell TX sorting facility for an entire week.
    Do you only employ people who dropped out in kindergarten at your facilities?
    According to the tracking information, my packages were in my city of residence for two days and then sent to the sorry ass North Houston and Coppell TX facilities.
    It is not rocket science to put a package on a truck and deliver to a specific address.
    I will drive to the facility myself and pick it up if necessary.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   4 days 11 hours ago

Dear USPS,
    I had an opportunity to try your automated postal service Kiosk for the first time.
    I am an engineer / scientist and so these type of systems interest me.
    I thought I would pass along my experience, in the event you consider improving your system in the future.

First I will mention what I needed to do on this occasion; later I will generalize as to what I think you could do to
    make your system work better.

I needed to purchase a Certified service for my 1st class letter.
    1) I followed the menus until I got to the point of needing to purchase the 1st class postage.
    2) Since I already had applied the postage to the letter and there were no other reasonable choices I aborted the process.
    3) After talking to one of the postal workers, he insisted that I just needed to continue in order to do what I wanted.
    I told him that it appeared I needed to buy postage in order to continue for a letter that already had postage.
    4) I went back and started the process again until I got to the same point where I needed to buy postage.
    I selected the appropriate amount and continued.
    5) On the screen after I got the option to apply the Certified Mail service, which I selected.
    6) I entered the address information
    - I had to read very carefully the instructions in order to figure out whether to enter numbers and letters altogether or
    separately and to include West or not.
    7) I was given the option to adjust postage which I did.
    8) I selected the label type and printed the label.
    9) Even after printing my Certified sticker it was unclear how to apply it.
    I selected the smaller size on account that the original larger size was larger than my letter.
    The smaller sticker had a ‘fold here’ label which I assumed to fold around the side of the letter.
    But this would obscure the postage that was already on the letter.

General comments:
    There are so many improvements you can make it will be hard to capture them all but here are a few:
    1) For a first timer the process seemed to take a lot longer than needed.
    I can see if you use the system often you can move through the screens quickly
    because of your familiarity with the system. But as someone who might use it
    once a month I would tend to forget the process enough to not benefit.
    2) The fact that some options are not presented until the very end causes the user
    to question the whole process (for example adding Certified service) .
    3) Instead of having one single path that the user needs to navigate to a given solution
    consider offering multiple paths.
    3a) For example my focus of need to Certify a letter should have been apparent within one or two screens
    instead of needing to navigate half a dozen or more screens.
    3b) I had to weigh a letter, purchase the postage, and then un-purchase the postage in order to do what I needed.
    ( All unnecessary steps.)
    4) The first screen in particular was too wordy; required to much reading and figuring out.
    5) Entering the address information was unnecessarily complicated; way too many instructions.
    Have the user start entering the address (numbers and letters), and when the machine narrows it down to
    one address sound a bell, and/or show the user a list of addresses that satisfy what he starts typing in, updated
    continuously. And allowing the user to select from the list at any time.
    6) When evaluating improvements, test them out on prospective customers to determine how effective they are;
    do not base performance based on how quickly one of the developers can do something on the system as they
    are too familiar with it and all of its idiosyncrasies.
    6a) Use total time, and number of user clicks as metrics to determine how efficient your interface is.
    6b) I would strongly encourage getting a different team to work on the improvements; the current team is not
    talented.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   4 days 12 hours ago

Orange, Texas needs supervision!! They hire contract people for delivery of my mail but I never receive anything on time it shows for delivery. You contact Orange, Texas Post Office answer I always get is "we have 40 people delivering mail & I cannot contact them". I know they have cell phones & all of their numbers. THIS POST OFFICE IS A JOKE!! SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET SUPERVISION THAT KNOWS WHAT THEIR DELIVERY CONTRACT LABOR PEOPLE ARE DOING!

HOLDING MY MAIL & I'M GETTING SOMEONE INVOLVED THAT WILL HANDLE MY PROBLEM.

• Reply to: Postal Senior Service?   4 days 16 hours ago

My mailman picks up the odd letter or two for me to mail if I leave them stamped and in plain view for him. Wow it would be great if I could get stamps that way!

• Reply to: Do you agree with the Postal Service’s decision to change the name of Express Mail and rename Parcel Post?   5 days 11 hours ago

Why not just call it overnight post or overnight parcel. That's what you're selling and that will make it easier for the consumer to decide if they want to overnight it or get there in two or three days (Priority or Priority fixed rate). The post office should be expanding their hours and making it easier to do business with them. Instead they allienate the customers by making changes without considering the impact on mailers. Also, they need to improve their tracking system updates so it gives more timely information instead of just when 'someone' decides to scan it.

• Reply to: Go Secure With gopost   5 days 22 hours ago

I'm also having the same problem as Gail. Can you please help me?

• Reply to: An Address of One’s Own   6 days 4 hours ago

Identity for a citizen is very important, we live on this planet, we have many problems to solve with the unique identity, I do not know why there are many people especially in poor countries without an identity. I think this is a really serious case, government should take actions to solve this problem. and at least let them can enjoy the public healthcare, such as medicine care, body testing and nutrition supplement. then they can enjoy their own life on this planet.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   6 days 14 hours ago

I run a property management business where we have three different buildings that contain different office suites in each building. I have a small office suite located in one of the buildings where I can meet with tenants on an as-need basis, but the office is not physically manned each day. I have a mailbox at this address where I have the rent checks, bills, etc. mailed to. Historically, I have always received mail at this address daily. This month I received several complaints from my utility providers and tenants that the bills and rent checks mailed to the usual mailing address were returned as "Return to Sender, Insufficient Address, Unable to Forward." I have also incurred expenses to pay overdue bills that were never received. Luckily none of the utilities have been disconnected...yet. I contacted the Postmaster who advised that there is never anyone in the physical office suite located on the property so they are returning all mail to the senders and assuming that the property has been vacated. I explained to the Postmaster that it was not a physically manned office and he told me it didn't matter and that he didn't mean to be rude, but if it were him delivering the mail, he would have it returned too since there is never anyone in the office. None of the mail being returned to the utility companies and tenants required signature. All of the mail returned has been sent first class mail and should have been placed in the mailbox as has always been done.

• Reply to: Postal Senior Service?   1 week 8 hours ago

We all have gifts. To be shared. Not hoarded. Carriers are the connection to the elderly, widowed and sick customers in our area. They see families grow, children get married, death, college and even tragedy. For customers that have their own routes, they become part of a family. A residential family. It's an awesome idea. Our carriers are the Internet, store, companion, friend. I would love to see that happen. Gives me hope.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 week 10 hours ago

The Kiosk almost ALWAYS costs a lot more than waiting to send a package through a clerk. What a ripoff! I appreciate all the help from the clerks, and it's wonderful to talk to such nice people.

• Reply to: Postal Senior Service?   1 week 10 hours ago

Back in the 70's or early 80's when we had the blue and white Jeeps, a coworker put in a suggestion that they just paint the Jeeps white and put blue and red stripes on them to save from having the blue coat painted on. His suggestion was rejected locally...lo and behold a few years later all of a sudden the new vehicles came in all white with red and blue stripes, and it continues to this day. Wonder who got credit for that idea.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 week 11 hours ago

Worst experience of my life no wonder they are closing offices all over the place !!! I was appalled the the little girl in nebraska received my package through the postal service and after she opened it she had found that the statue of tinker bell was shattered in many pieces !!!! So much for trusting government services it's very disturbing to me that you have employees that don't give a s"!,t and postmaster told me oh well you should have insured I it !!!! B.S !!!! I trusted the PO to handle my package with care even though it was wrapped and packaged with care ! I just can't imagine why you have such incompetent and inconsiderate. Employees enrolled on your payroll I should not have to purchase insurance to cover your poor employee workmanship who has no pride in their job to see that my package arrives safely!! You continually raise your postage on everything that goes through your service and you have no problem doing that maybe screen your employees better ! And if your carrier seen the package marked fragile :glass and no insurance sticker doesn't give him the right treat it as trash !!!! Never again ill use united parcel post or fed ex next time. And believe me when I tell you that I spend hundreds of dollars each year sending gifts to my grand children !!! Yours truly ;VERY PISSED OFF customer!

• Reply to: Postal Senior Service?   1 week 19 hours ago

All of the services that you mention have been suggested in the past by postal employees...both craft and management - even within the last 2 to 3 years. However, it seems that if a suggestion, such as those you propose here, are presented to postal management they reach a dead end and usually fall upon deaf ears. I have been retired since 2007 but even before I retired I submitted a great national cost saving suggestion to my PM and never received any response at all...other than watching my suggestion being implemented, by that same postmaster, nationally, just a little more than a year later.

If an employee submits a good valid suggestion please...keep that suggestion on file and give credit where credit is due if that suggestion is implemented...even partially. It is not fair for USPS managers to receive credit for a suggestion that they did not really give birth to.

• Reply to: Undeliverable as Addressed Costs More than You Think   1 week 2 days ago

The pitiful truth about the UAA "article" above is that USPS implies the problem lies solely with the sender/recipient, but if you search online for "UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED," you'll see numerous instances where the USPS was clearly at fault, usually sorting errors, and placed on the wrong truck. This leads to angst on the part of the *customers* of USPS, that is, the sender and the recipient, and when the customers come to the USPS website for help, they read this nonsense about how there's no fault on the part of USPS, and it's going to "cost more than you think." Rubbish.

USPS, you need to correct this article to reflect the WHOLE truth.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   1 week 3 days ago

Holy crap, what a story! Riveting, but terrible. I just wanted to chime in in regards to the whole automated system they have set up. Recently, when a package disappeared I too attempted to get past the automated system and found it impossible. What made it even more frustrating (and downright CREEPY) was the fact that when I hung up and called back, it asked me "Are you calling about tracking number ******?" So it recorded that I had called and what I had called about, and since it knew what I'd already been told, it basically told me to chill and stop tying up their phone lines. I was not in any way amused by this. I how your customer eventually got her package.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 week 3 days ago

Hi. I live in Brooklyn in the area of 11234. Recently while my Uncle and my dog (a morkie) was sitting on my porch (He was on his leash btw) the mail carrier stepped onto my porch (The houses are adjoined and she stepped over from the neighboring house) and stepped up to my dog. Being the excitable dog that he is, she startled him and he grabbed at her pants. My dog didn't bite her, never broke skin nor tore her pants. She got a little scare, but realized she shouldn't have stepped toward my dog like that, but informed us she was fine. My mother lifted her pants leg and checked her skin to be sure but she was alright. She laughed it off and went on her way. The next day she returned and said she went to the Doctor. I was confused at this point. She admits the Doctor said no skin was broken, not even a scratch. She then proceeded to ask if my dog had all his shots. I answered yes of course but he didn't bite you. She says that she knows, of course he didn't, then she was on her way. Again I'm confused and cautious at this point because she isn't explaining why she went to a Doctor if she wasn't bitten. The day after that (today) someone rang my bell and announced themselves as the mail carrier's supervisor. He then aggressively threatened my Father saying if I don't give him my dog's vaccination record he will stop delivering my mail. I wasn't home at this time. My Father informed him I was the only one with those records, so the supervisor said he'll return tomorrow. Honestly this sounds very suspicious to me.

I understand if a incident report must be filed whether a bite occurred or not but demanding my dog's vaccination record makes me feel the documents are being falsified in order for this woman to eventually sue me. (This is what people do nowadays) . I went to the post office but that Supervisor had went home by then. The other supervisor on duty told me he is asking because my dog must of bit the carrier. I told her that was not true. She took my number and said the supervisor will call me in the morning. I find all this very suspicious.

My first question. Is it legal for the Post office to withhold my mail based on this? Also..do I not have the right to get a copy of this incident report to assure they are not falsifying documents? By giving them my dog's vaccination record I would be agreeing that my dog bit this woman which is a blatant lie. I have no problem giving them a copy of the vaccination records as long as I have a copy of this incident report. In this day and age you can't trust anyone, especially when they are not forthcoming from the start. The Supervisor was very unprofessional and threatened me.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 week 3 days ago

The kiosk used to ask you to enter the zip code, but now you have to type in the entire address. Takes too long and if you make a mistake typing, it takes even longer.

Why bother to write or type up an address label, if you have to type the entire thing in again at the kiosk? It used to be fast and easy. Why make it harder and more complicated?

If the Post Office is going to waste my time this way, then I may as well stand on line. I will not use the kiosks unless I only have to type in my zip code again.

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   1 week 5 days ago

This is likely the best opportunity the USPS have for staying relevant and is most fitting with its role.

We live in a nomadic society.

There is universal support and demand. The notion is decades old. This article itself is years old.

What does it take to make a universally needed and desired offering available?

• Reply to: Chart Toppers and Late Bloomers   1 week 6 days ago

For the last two years the APWU has submitted a request to release a Stamp of the President Emeritus of the American Postal Workers Union AFL-CIO Mr. Morris " Moe" Biller the champion of workers rights, women's rights, civil rights, and human rights for over two decades. The inspiration from past leaders is important to the workers movement today. Though Moe Biller has met all the criteria set by the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee they chose not to recommend his commemorative stamp. There is a strong workers movement right now that would support this kind of leadership stamp. It is time to start recognizing labor leaders that have made a diffrence in the worker's life.