• Reply to: Do you agree with the Postal Service’s decision to change the name of Express Mail and rename Parcel Post?   1 month 3 weeks ago

You have a problem with delivery a service on a consistent basis. You have closed the airport express mail facility. You no longer guarantee express mail until delivered to the post office very early in the day.

Now, you want to add another area of confusion to a area which you are having problems with a product. Last thing you want to do unless the name clarifies the service you are delivering. Priorlty Mail express sounds like Priority mail. Express mail clearly states the name of the product. My opinion, very bad decision to rename a product which only needs to be improved by being able to accept & guarantee the mail when deliveried later to the post-office. Fedex allow drop-offs as late at 10:15pm for delivery the following day. NOT THE POST OFFICE!! I'm not sure what the hours are now regarding next day delivery.

Douglas Satcher

• Reply to: Calling All Revenue-Generation Ideas   1 month 3 weeks ago

If I have an idea that can generate billions does the person with the idea get a cut. Lets say 1 cent per sale?

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 3 weeks ago

The South Lake Tahoe area has terrible delivery sorters. My route is the 12th St area and the Mail is delivered to the wrong addresses almost every day ! I have packages delivered to other addresses almost every time! I follow tracking and it will say delivered but not to me. I've had money lost and have had neighbors bring my mail all the time. I've filed complaints to no avail ! When ever I can I ask to have packages shipped by UPS ! The only people that are worse then the USPS here is the weatherman !

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   1 month 3 weeks ago

But you're not required to stop at every house. Nice try, though. Funny, mailmen before never had this problem, and got paid less. Go figure

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 month 3 weeks ago

If the line is long I will use the self-service kiosk. However, there is no option for "media mail" rates at these kiosks. This option would be very much appreciated.

Also, during regular post office hours, there is no place to put kiosk-stamped parcels that will not fit in the bin provided.

The clerks are helpful at the LeFleur Station in Jackson, MS. They will get someone to help you bring in heavy boxes or they will help you themselves.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Hello Loi,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence and we apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced.

Unfortunately, this issue falls outside of the jurisdiction of this office. The two best options in a situation such as this would be to:

1) Contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office, whose jurisdiction this issue falls under, at (305) 470-0890 or (305) 470-0801 so they can look further into this matter for you.

or

2) File a complaint with our offices at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form and we can try to forward your issue to the appropriate department.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 3 weeks ago

Hello Joyce,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence and we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

The role of the USPS Office of Inspector General is to investigate waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS). Unfortunately, this issue falls outside of the jurisdiction of this office.

However, please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (858) 674-2670, so they can look further into this matter for you.

As well, if you still would like to file a complaint with our offices, you can do so on our hotline at www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form and we can forward your issue to the appropriate department.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 3 weeks ago

A post office in 6401 el cajon in san diego never delivered my mail containing a check. When I called inquiring about whether it was in transit, I was told they attempted to deliver it but the tracking information online still says in transit. There was no slip indicating they attempted to deliver, when I mentioned this to the person on the phone I was told to 'stop being lazy and pick up my certified mail'. This is totally inappropriate and overall rude. When I went to the post office to pick it up the same day, none of the post office workers would tell me who their manager was. Very inefficient and unprofessional. So disappointing.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Dear Post Master General,

My complaint is two-folds. On 2/26/15, I mailed two packages (both to the same person) via Priority Mail to Christiansted, St. Croix, 00820 (US Virgin Islands). One package went from Hollywood, Florida (receiving Post Office) to the Opa Locka, Florida, sorting facility, next, on to Pueto Rico, then on to Christiansted, St. Croix. I know that this is the normal route for my packages going to St. Croix as I have mailed many items to this destination over the past six years --- sometimes several in a month.

However, on this occasion, according to the tracking entries, the package supposedly left Pueto Rico on 3/1/15 at 2:44 AM and no entry was made to indicate it's arrival at the destination Post Office in Christiansted until 3/3/15. Might I add, it is only a 35 minute plane ride from Pueto Rico to St. Croix --- 40 minutes at best. No accounting for the missing two days!

The next entry stated that they attempted to deliver the package at approximately 11:43 AM on 3/3/15 and a notice was left in the mail box. The recipient checked the mail box at 4:15 PM on 3/3/15, and there was no notice! Attempted to call the Post Office responsible on their listed number 340-773-1505, which I have used before, and the number is no longer operational! We tried to call another Post Office in the area to ask if they had another number for that Post Office and to my horror, they answered the phone: "hold on please", then put me on hold. No 'Hello'! No 'Thank You for Calling'! No US Post Office'! NOTHING! NADA! I waited on hold for 26 minutes then all I got was a disconnection!

Finally, on 3/4/15, the notice was in the mail box and the recipient was able to collect the package from the Post Office.

I can only speak of my experience regarding the deliver practices from the Post Office in Christiansted because they are the ones handling my packages or mail to my mail destination. It has been their practice to post in the tracking that a notice was left, up to two days before the actual notice is in the mail box. How can you conceivably put such erroneous information on the tracing information even before the postal carrier has made the rounds and returned to the Post Office? As I have stated before, I have sent many Priority Mail packages to this destination and I CAN speak of the occurring experience. As to the call to the other Post Office, clearly, their needs to be more intensive training for all postal personnel on the island. Furthermore, how can you have a post office without a working telephone? As of this morning, the number is still not operational! The last time I checked this is the UNITED STATES POST OFFICE!

Now for the second part of the complaint!

The second package: tracking number: 9505 5111 3274 5057 6090 36. Left Hollywood on the same day 2/26/15 at 6:12 PM and went to the Miami (passed Opa Locka) sorting facility on 2/28 at 8:59 AM (what happened to 2/27/15?), then back to the Opa Locka sorting facility on 2/28/15 at 8:01 PM, then to Jacksonville sorting facility on 3/1/15 at 2:20 AM where it arrived at 6:55 PM. JACKSONVILLE! Why on God's Green Earth did my package go to JACKSONVILLE???? No one can give me an acceptable answer! Case # CA121972067.

The last entry made on this package is 3/2/15 at 4:06 AM stating that it left the USPS facility there. Today is 3/5/15 and there has been no additional updates and no one can tell me where my package is! This is totally unacceptable!

I paid for $41.65 Priority Mail for this package! I know that the United States Postal Service do not guarantee the 3-day deliver on Priority Mail, but 8 DAYS? Come on! This goes far and beyond what a customer should expect! I could have saved money and sent the packing by regular package post and it probably would have gotten there already!

If this is not waste, I don't know what is! JACKSONVILLE is NOT the shortest most cost-effective route to Pueto Rico! Not to mention the scenic tour my package has taken since it left Hollywood on 2/26/15 Somebody is not doing their job or cannot read! WASTE! WASTE! WASTE! Waste of my time and money! Waste of the Postal Service's fuel, money and time! I could have bought a plane ticket and taken it myself for less than what this has cost overall.

From now on, unless it is an emergency, I will be sending all my packages to St. Croix via cargo. It will get there faster! If I'm sending it on the mainland, I will use UPS. In the interim, I would like to know what happened to my package! Please do not tell me to call Customer Service --- they are as much in the dark as I am.

I have always supported and rooted for you guys, but unless you step up your game on training, on time delivery and accuracy, I will have to use other means for my packages.

Thank You.

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Fuel prices won't drop, for a while oil companies are storing crude to keep prices higher at the pump. This allows them to keep pumping the more expensive shale from North Dakota and Canada. When their storage facilities in Cushing Oklahoma fills up, expect to see fuel prices go down

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I recently dropped off 5 USPS first-class packages with pre-printed labels on Feb. 13, 2015 at Grand Lakes Postal, in Katy, TX. They were picked up by the USPS that afternoon. There was no tracking on any of the 5 packages for 12 days at which time they showed up at the North Houston post office...2 of the packages still have not arrived 17 days later. In the meantime, my buyers have complained to PayPal saying that I did not ship the items and PP has refunded them MY money. I am now out my money and my item to the tune of several hundred dollars. Packages continue to disappear at the Katy Park Row and North Houston post offices for up to several weeks before shipping out...THAT is fraud, waste and abuse!

The OIG told me my case did not fall under their jurisdiction!!! Really, you don't call that fraud???

Here is the tracking number of one of my packages that disappeared for 2 weeks and has now taken over 3 weeks to go from Houston to LA!

9400 1096 9993 8182 7188 57

There was an ABC Houston channel 13 news report on this several months ago....apparently the problem has not been fixed. Please get back to me about this and let me know how to keep this from happening on the future. I have now filed several complaints and I am talking to News Channel 13 about it.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this occurrence.

However, please contact your local Postal Service Consumer Affairs Office at (732) 819-3260, so they can look further into this matter for you.

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   1 month 3 weeks ago

First we are required to shut it off at every stop and as for walking some routes that would work but for my route it would be totally inefficient as /i deliver well over 100 parcels a day which would mean first i Would have to walk the letters and flats then drive up and down the street to deliver the parcels for that street since there would be no way to carry them with me. So now it takes more time to deliver the same amount of mail as I have had to cover the same area twice.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 3 weeks ago

On monday 3/2/15 there was no mail delivery at my address of 175 prospect street in East Orange, NJ 07017-2634, I was told there was a shortage of carriers and the Postmaster did not want to pay overtime, this happens periodically about several times per year. If you want us to utilize your services, we need to be able to depend on your delivery services or else I will be doing all my personal business over the internet. the deterioration of the delivery services to the poor attitudes of the window clerks shows just how far the professionalism of your organization has fallen.

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   1 month 3 weeks ago

What part of capitalism requires companies to reduce prices because of lower fuel costs? Companies are motivated by profits not fairness. The strong survive, the weak get what they deserve.

• Reply to: Stamp Vending Machines   1 month 3 weeks ago

Stamp Vending Machines are horrible.

Today not only did the machine fail to issue my stamp after putting me through the complete transaction and crediting my debit account, but when I went to the post office staff for a refund, the estimated weight by the machine was $0.65 under priced. So not only did the machine not issue my stamp, the scale was not working correctly and eventually my package would have been returned to me.. This is what happens when you try to replace machines with people. MACHINES CAN NEVER TAKE THE PLACE OF PEOPLE. THEY CAN’T THINK.

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   1 month 3 weeks ago

I appreciate that Uber has disrupted the taxi industry and injected some much-needed competition into it, which only benefits consumers. But the move to the Uber model of surge pricing in other industries is disappointing. Consumers are already squeezed in so many ways ("convenience" fees, fuel surcharges etc.), now arbitrary surge pricing can be tacked on at the supplier or provider's discretion. We hear a lot of talk about the empowered customer, but the customer doesn't hold many cards if a duopoly of providers in a particular industry or industries decide to charge the same price and apply the same new fees to their services. As a postal stakeholder, I suspect the USPS is leaving money on the table by not following suit and charging DIM weight and fuel surcharges, but as a consumer, I am thankful. Hopefully, the USPS can continue to serve as a price ceiling of sorts that UPS and FedEx have to respect or risk losing business to.

• Reply to: Where is the Love from Low Fuel Prices?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Until gas gets back to where it was on Jan 20th, 2009 ($1.80 nation wide per gallon). There will be no love.We have the potential to do it, we don't have the administration that wants fossil fuel, period, so they want the cost to be high. POTUS has so much as said so. Gas prices drive everything in the economy.

I mistook your new envelope for a Priority Mail envelope and my package came back. Who came up with the hair-brained idea to name Express Mail Priority mail? I'll bet you thousands of people are picking up the wrong envelopes. In my case, apparently there were no Priority Mail envelopes, so I just assumed the Priority Express Mail envelope was used for both. Now that would make sense. Save on printing costs.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 3 weeks ago

You have to write your congressman or senator and then hound them...or go through the media. Otherwise you will be told, " we don't investigate that" or "we don't have any authority over that" or "you can make a report, but it will immediately become inactive".

I filed a complaint about my postmaster. She investigated herself, said she spoke with me and apologized (when she did not), and then closed my case.

I am meeting with the press this week along with some of my neighbors. After that we are meeting with our elected officials.

I hope you have better luck!

• Reply to: Ideas on the Doorstep   1 month 3 weeks ago

It took me calling the Consumer advocates office in Washington to FINALLY get a call back from my district office. I was thirty days in to my complaint process. I was sent to phone numbers that weren't answered and my messages were not returned.

Call the Postal Headquarters and ask to be transfered to the Consumer Advocate.

(202) 268-2500

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 3 weeks ago

When you file that complaint, here are some of the things you might experience...(at least they are my experiences, so far..B

1. You will talk to.some nice folks at a contract call center who have ZERO authority if you call the 1-800 number. Don't expect to speak with anyone who might actual have any authority.

2. If you suspect a.person in a.postion of authority, such as the postmaster, then know that he or she will be investigating their own case. Oh! And, if he or she wants to just say theyspoke with you and apologized then CLOSE the case. They CAN! There is zero over-site and no checks and balances.

3. Hopefully, you are not in the Rio Grande district, but if you are, you will be routed to a phone number that is never answered and told to leave a message. You may get a return call after you contact the Consumer Advocate's office in Washington...but you have to write a letter.

4. After about 30 days, you will probably speak to someone who will tell you that the person who lied about your case is protected by the union, so they will most likely be required to watch a customer service training video.

Good luck!
    Theresa

• Reply to: How often did you use your smartphone to pay for things this holiday season?   1 month 3 weeks ago

Hi, I work for a leading mobile app development company (www.midgr.com) and specialize in Mobile Commerce solutions.

I dont see how anyone would be comfortable paying through apps. Taking Apple Pay for example. All you have to do is bump your phone, click your screen and you're good to go. Safer than carrying cash or getting your credit card processed where you're clueless if the processing machine that's being used is legit or something for stealing the data on your card.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 4 weeks ago

3 days ago I stopped at the mailbox as usual but what surprised me was the orange card saying sorry we missed you and you can retrieve your package at the local office. The wife was home all day so we called and we're notified that the mail carriers were no longer allowed to deliver to the door. We live in a rural area off a private road leaving the mail box 1/8 mile from the door and our drive is 100 yards long. The post office is 5 miles away and now we have to pick up packages instead of the usual delivery or we're told the carrier will be terminated if found doing the right thing by delivering our packages. What's wrong with the system?
    Amazon buyers beware, your packages will be delayed as you will have to find time to pick it up yourself.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 4 weeks ago

I recently mailed packages to my two sons in the Atlanta area. They have slightly different zip codes, and I must have switched the zip codes when I wrote on the packages, but I wrote the street addresses correctly. I took the two packages to my local post office, and the clerk said nothing about the zip codes being wrong when assessing the postage. According to the tracking information, both boxes were initially classified as "undeliverable" for "insufficient address" when they reached their destination post offices. One box, however, was apparently sorted to the correct post office and delivered a couple of days later. The other one sat there for ten days, unbeknownst to me, because the tracking information did not say exactly where it was, and then came back to me. Not only was I very disappointed the contents did not arrive for my granddaughter's birthday, but I had to pay return postage to pick up the package and more postage to send it again. Why did the intake process when I dropped off the packages not flag the zip code problem immediately? I can't take a package with a wrong zip code to your competitors, UPS, or order something online with the wrong zip code; they would flag it immediately. And YOU GUYS own that zip code database, so WHY would it not be caught immediately on intake, or sorted out in about 30 seconds at the receiving post office instead of letting the package sit there for ten days and then begin a long and expensive trip back where it came from? This is a good example of why UPS is looking like a better alternative. Although perhaps a little more expensive initially, I would not have had to pay THREE TIMES and wait several weeks for that package to go back and forth across the country. When I asked the clerk at our post office about this, she began some blame-shifting song and dance about the Atlanta post office, not addressing how they could have helped at the intake point and why they didn't. Any comments? Because I'm finally switching over to UPS.