• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   2 months 9 hours ago

Hi, I noticed that your package recently got delivered since it had arrived at the ISC San Francisco around April 20th. I have a package from Japan that has been stuck at the ISC San Fran since April 10th. Did you get any justification as to why your package was delayed? I'm worried about my package. I had the seller from Japan start an investigation with JP Post but they have not finished. I'm hoping my package resurfaces to my city just like yours did.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 9 hours ago

I believe that the Post Office should expand services into banking and any other service which will generate revenue. I do not want to see service diminish. I am against cuts in service and I am against privatization of the Postal Service

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 10 hours ago

P.S.: Scratch the non-profit part.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 10 hours ago

It makes sense for the Postal Service to provide non-profit financial services.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 10 hours ago

I completely support Postal banking services - the post office should be the only basic financial services provider considered "too big to fail"

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   2 months 11 hours ago

Why was the package bin locked this morning at Arlington Texas and at Irving Texas P.O.? This is very frustrating!

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 11 hours ago

I support the expansion of postal banking, both in order to generate revenue to support the Post Service, and to provide accessible, affordable financial services, especially to the many people who do not have bank accounts.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 13 hours ago

I believe that the USPS should look into other added ways to increase its revenue. I think that offices should be open on Saturday, but that the mail delivery on Saturday is not necessary. No official business can be done on Saturday, although we are seeing banks open on Saturday now.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 13 hours ago

The U. S. Postal Service (USPS) provides a critical service to American citizens. It should be fully funded as a matter of course and should be restored to the staffing levels and service locations that existed prior to the cuts that resulted in the closures of facilities and reduced service hours in local post offices. The USPS is a trusted institution and must be preserved and it's services expanded; one such service expansion could be within the realm of not-for-profit financial services, which would provide great benefit to those underserved by for-profit financial institutions.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 14 hours ago

USPS can provide banking-like services for those without bank accounts (yes, there are many without bank accounts in the US) and the USPS can do this without competing with local and regional banks. The unbanked have no way to effectively transfer (in or out) funds without fees that often may run to 25% or more of the amount being transferred.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 15 hours ago

I think it is a great idea. Increasing services can only help secure the prolonged financial viability of the Postal Service and that is something that is essential. I think a strong USPS is something this country must fight to protect and it is critical to our nation's services. A lot of people rely on it, and anything you can do to increase ease and access is a fantastic idea.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 15 hours ago

This idea is a no-brainer. The Postal Service should have the flexibility to provide new consumer products and services--a flexibility that was banned by Congress in 2006. It is now against the law for workers in post offices to notarize or make copies of documents; to cash checks; to deliver wine or beer; or to engage in e-commerce activities (like scanning physical mail into a PDF and sending it through e-mail, selling non-postal products on the Internet or even offering a non-commercial e-mail service).

Also, 2006 legislation required the Postal Service to prefund, over a 10-year period, 75 years of future retiree health benefits. This unprecedented burden--$5.5 billion a year-- (which no other business is required to do) is responsible for all of the financial losses posted by the Postal Service since October 2012. Without prefunding, the Postal Service would have made a $623 million profit last year. Excluding the prefunding mandate, the Postal Service estimates it will make more than $1 billion in profits this year. This is not surprising, since the Postal Service made a combined profit of $9 billion from 2003-06, before the prefunding mandate took effect.

I wholly support any and all attempts to strengthen and expand the USPS.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 15 hours ago

Please do add financial services, especially payroll check cashing so people wouldn't use predatory payday lenders. This might bring in enough money to counterbalance Congress' unfair rule making the USPS put up money in advance, which no one else has to do, just because the GOP wants to privatize our mail service. And the private companies won't deliver except where it's convenient for them!

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 16 hours ago

I fully support the Postal Service acting now to expand and enhance existing services such as money orders, international money transfers, check cashing and bill pay. Anything that would strengthen the Postal Service is a positive step!

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 16 hours ago

Postal banking would be an excellent solution to at least two problems: revenue generation for the Postal Service and access to banking services to our under served poor and working class people. I wholeheartedly support this idea and hope that USPS re-establishes this important program soon.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 17 hours ago

I support non-profit financial services in the post office. Also, why not become an ISP provider for rural areas with decent download speeds? It would be a truly wonderful boon to those of us who live in the hinterland.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 17 hours ago

The USPS is a crucial service to the American people and its services should be (a) restored to levels prior to the latest cuts and (b) be expanded to look at new services, such as check cashing, international money transfers, domestic money orders, bill paying and enhanced mail services - such as the return of community postal mail boxes which have been eliminated in some communities such as mine.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 17 hours ago

1st let me say , we need the post office !! It has had a wonderful record of service to all of us. It would be a shame if it were destroyed , dismantled & allowed to go the way of the dinosaur . It has been an AMERICAN Institution.
    I love going to the post office , the atmosphere is always the same brings back memories of my child hood.
    Yes, they should be allowed to seek new business lines. that are not directly related to mail & delivery. They need to bring in money ... they were able to support themselves until you made it impossible for them to do so. It is soo unfair what has happened to them .
    I think they will knew best what finical services thy should look into . I can see them , having a banking segment of their services . It would be helpful to have more services consolidated under one roof. I like the fact that folks can call for a pick up & have the package delivered . I don't know what is out there as far as what they can get involved with . But yes , I think they should broaden their base.
    I think the biggest barriers to success for the post office is the stinky rules you made them go by that is killing them financially . They did not need any help finally to run the post office , in fact they had money left over . They were totally self sufficient . If you guys ah minded YOUR business & not interfered , they would still be a profitable business. Maybe you cna just let them do what they need to do .

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 17 hours ago

I believe that postal banking would be a wonderful idea...and it would pose competition with big banks that have no interest in preserving the middle class. I use the post office and I revere it. It should be given tools to compete fairly.
    I am furious with the GOP endless drumbeat to privatize everything...we've seen how well that works out...UPS and FedEx
    still leave the U.S. Post Office to deliver to places where they refuse to deliver. I am taking photos of and recording pictures of Post Offices in small towns where ever we travel...the Post Office is a vital institution in these towns and rural areas.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 17 hours ago

I fully support expanding Postal Banking!

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 17 hours ago

A range of the most commonly required financial services offered at U.S. Postal Service locations would be a MAJOR boon to populations that are now...and will continue to be....isolated from cities, towns, and villages that offer a comprehensive range of these services. These communities are now isolated by virtue of geographic conditions, extreme poverty, housing restrictions, narrow employment opportunities, and cultural/historic factors, (e.g., Indian reservations). Access to basic financial services merely perpetuates and deepens the lack of economic opportunity that such populations face. A better source of these services than the already positioned U.S. post ofifices could not be found! The integrity and historic commitment to reaching ALL populations with postal services would be an ideal vehicle for enlarging access to basic financial services than any strategy for distributing and positioning a novel structure for providing basic financial services to these populations...populations that are found all over America, from densely populated urban areas to the most remote rural areas.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 17 hours ago

Free and/or low cost, banking services and products offered to everyone, can only allow and promote growth in our economy. It will also put some money back into the pockets of those less fortunate.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 18 hours ago

We NEED our postal system! Bigger and better, not smaller and weaker!

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   2 months 2 days ago

USPS needs to focus on streamlining current issues before embarking on other ventures. I am SO tired of tracking never being done on packages. I am currently waiting on a package due yesterday, last tracked two days ago all the way across the country. Why are packages not being scanned and tracked properly? I've had packages delivered when I was away from home and the tracking still shows the package is in some other state and I' ve had packages showing delivered that had not been delivered yet but was told "we mark them as delivered at the post office before we actually deliver them. ??? I tried to leave a complaint at "contact us" and the form deleted my comments twice. I'm not wading in for a third round of wasting my time. Please get these tracking issues fixed! Thanks for your time.

• Reply to: Do you agree with the Postal Service’s decision to change the name of Express Mail and rename Parcel Post?   2 months 3 days ago

More bureaucratic self-justification. Service getting worse. Delivery and scanning of Priority Mail is inconsistent making for a frustrating customer experience. One can track a package across the nation and when it arrives at the large PO, it disappears without a tracking scan.