• Reply to: Digital Currency: An Opportunity for the Postal Service?   3 years 7 months ago

Hmm...the banks don't see any way to make money at this so the Postal Service should take on another money-losing project? Doesn't the post office already lose enough money?

Gift cards could work for you, as long as transferability of funds
    (account replenishment) can be linked to sender and recipient's accounts.

What an interesting article and comment on American spending habits.

• Reply to: How Can the Postal Service Reduce the Costs Associated with Postage Stamps?   3 years 7 months ago

For much more cost effective, I agree on using 1 denomination of stamps. And or maybe recycling stamp, so that you don't need to print more. Just like what they do to money,if it's too old, then replace it.

• Reply to: Brainstorm Ideas to Help the Postal Service   3 years 7 months ago

Be advised, I'm speculating here.. But, I don't think I'm far off track...?
    That wouldn't work Cathy. Every job you eliminate results in 5 (est.) votes that the Congressmen/woman in a particular subject district won't get. However, the very-very-very intresting thing about this analogy is.... I have personally found that most of the postal folks I interact with every day, don't know who their congressional member is. Additionally, they don't vote, (just what I've determined from chit-chat with them) or know who presides on the congressional Subcommittee, Federal Workforce U.S. Postal Service and Labor Policy.
    Oh yeah, that box of crayons you're talking about, is one heck of alot more useful and cheaper than studies conducted by Rand Corporation, the NALC, or the GAO. I understand there have to be standards, but universal service does not mean vanilla or chocolate are the only flavors either....

• Reply to: To Decouple or not to Decouple…   3 years 7 months ago

Yeah, that will be the silver bullet alright!!!!

• Reply to: The OIG Wants to Know How You Feel about Sick Leave   3 years 7 months ago

Is this is the only blog you are maintaining or is their any other site you have?

• Reply to: Brainstorm Ideas to Help the Postal Service   3 years 7 months ago

It's really very simple. There is no federal requirement about the funding of postal operations or content of the stamps. If the USPS were to allow sponsorship of stamps, it would find a new revenue source, possibly even allowing stamps to be obtained for free. Individual contributors could have their pictures on the stamps and businesses could have their logos or other messages put on the stamps. Auctions could be held, and other ingenious ways of finding sponsors could be offered.

• Reply to: To Decouple or not to Decouple…   3 years 7 months ago

On behalf of the Risk Analysis Research Center, I would like to thank all who took time this week to comment on our work. Comments may spark discussion in developing future research topics and I hope each of you will continue to share your thoughts with us. -- Best Regards.

• Reply to: To Decouple or not to Decouple…   3 years 7 months ago

I find it hard to believe the whole financial crisis of the Post Office when letter carriers I have spoken to have stated that the Post Office is running in the black, that while 1st class delivery is down, other areas of the Post Office is way more than it was and the revenue they are generating is helping to support retirements systems other than the postal service.

than being said, I'd like to explain 4 different experiances I've had with the postal service in less than 4 months.

#1, I use a PO Box for my company mail. There is a big sign on the wall that states mail is in the box before 10:30. Yet I have been there at 11:00 and heard mail being placed into the boxes. I have even check my box at 11:00 a.m. and then again at 7:00 p.m. guess what, no mail the first time, after mail is stated to be in the box. Then at the later time, presto, mail was in my box. Talk about false advertising, lies or someone being lazy, you tell me. All I know is that your words are not accurate.

#2, your customer service just doesn't care. I mailed two packages via your USPS parcel post service at the same excate time. One box arrived with no problem, the next box took an additional 3 days. When I called to asked about information, I was told, very rudely, that since I didn't purchase tracking information there was nothing I could do and I couldn't file a complaint about lost mail for 2 more weeks. WOW!!!!!!!!!! Any other company talked to me like that and I'd stop using thier services..........wait, UPS did have that that attitude with me and I swore not to use thier services and haven't since then.

#3 & #4. 30 and 45 days. that is the amount of days and times this year I can prove it took me to recieve 1st class mail. The 1st time was the same day as item #1. the letter in my box that evening was mailed 30 day's before I recieved it. Since the counter was closed I couldn't do anything about it. The second time was just 2 weeks ago when it took 45 day's to recieve a 1st class letter in my PO Box. When I asked at the counter why this would happen, I was given all kinds of excuses except for the truth that the staff somewhere along the way was lazy. I was told that had it been lost in machinery or something like that it would have been stamped, since there was no stamp it was pure lazyness, lack of attention to detail and placed in the wrong box and more excuses that I have fingers and toes.

so not once, but four times in one summer the postal service failed miserably and no one is accountable. I have no recourse but to suffer damage to my businesses reputation due to the lack of attention by the USPS. Complain an it's like were Federal Employee's you can't touch us, even thought the USPS was declared an employee owned company in the 80's so how can they be federal employee's???

So now there is this big push to decrease home delivery, and to loosen the standards that you say is costing billions of dollars in losses. I say, why don't you do your job, quite lying to the people and tighten your standards. I wonder how many people know that a letter carrier doesn't have to open your mailbox unless they have mail to deliver??? So as I have been advised by a letter carrier, that even thought the flag is raised indicating I have outgoing mail, that if there is not mail to be placed into my box the carrier doesn't even have to open my mail box..........give me a break, how much looser do you need things?????

If the USPS is tired of loosing money, why don't they take a look at how the post offices are being ran. You ever been to a post office with up to 6 windows and only 1 or 2 have someone working? I have everytime I go to my post office. The ones that are working have an attitude that they are doing you a favor.........Guess what I'm doing them a favor by spending my money with them, the dozen or more people ahead of me are also spending money that help make up your paycheck. We could use UPS or FedEx.

So loose your attitude, start providing a quality service and stop funding retirement funds that don't pertain to the postal service.

• Reply to: Self-Service Mail Technologies   3 years 7 months ago

In spain we need something like this, when we go to mail office we have to wait a lot time. We need work, no wait !!!!

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it...

Thanks,

• Reply to: Moving at the Right Speed   3 years 7 months ago

Creating secure Virtual Post Office:

1) online virtual money orders
    2) pobox holders offered UPS consumer
    3) scanner station to electronically transmit
    & time stamp for sensitive
    correspondence
    4) provide shipping container transport
    services from point a to point b
    Note: businesses & consumer furniture
    5) usps proprietory digital document security
    which is recognized in courts and other
    official places of business
    6) UPS university: educate, train and instruct
    Note: 2nd & third world countries on best
    practices and applcations
    7) outsource trained personnel to perform
    Mailing tasks for private businesses &
    Non profits
    8) create motivational camps for personnel
    9) incorporate that all personnel have
    strengths and weaknesses and Target
    into service areas accordingly
    10) the model "Ford" system needs to be
    re-considered....historically it was an
    imposed mechanical...seek and
    implement a more sustainible process

• Reply to: Brainstorm Ideas to Help the Postal Service   3 years 7 months ago

I have an idea that should get attention and hope it does for the sake of the USPS and me of course.

I can save the USPS well over $100 million a year without making an investment that does not exceed what they already do every month as well as not change any procedure they already follow. It would not require any downsizing of any nor would it require any additional training. The program will work I have done it with other company as well. I don't have actual numbers but do know my numbers are low!! The savings could be alot higher with the actual numbers.
    Also this would be a "GREEN" initiative.

Perhaps this will be read to speed the process of getting in front of the right person.

• Reply to: New Business Mail Acceptance and Verification Process — Friend or Foe?   3 years 7 months ago

Very happy to see your article, I very much to like and agree with your point of view. Thank you for sharing.

Nice post. I apprentice something added arduous on altered blogs everyday. It will consistently be aesthetic to apprehend agreeable from added writers and convenance a little something from their store. I’d adopt to use some with the agreeable on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll accord you a hotlink on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply to: What is the Office of Audit and why do we blog?   3 years 7 months ago

I do know that mail carriers are stressed with work like the rest of us and I know that our carrier works most Saturdays as well. There has got to be some solution that could help our mail system and balance it with a cost-effective, possibly privately run system - like UPS?

• Reply to: Mail to Rails Service   3 years 7 months ago

Rail would be effective in heavily populated high volume areas. Of course it should be considered and tested.

• Reply to: Stamp Vending Machines   3 years 7 months ago

Yes, I know where you can get a stamp vending machine like you would see at a convenience store. It mounts on the wall.

• Reply to: To Decouple or not to Decouple…   3 years 7 months ago

This seems easier than wadeing through puddle after puddle of wrong contacts.
    Ref:
    "Your comment is awaiting moderation.

• Reply to: To Decouple or not to Decouple…   3 years 7 months ago

I can recover thousands or tens of thousands of dollars for the US Postal Service every month by analyzing specialized data for services they are overpaying. The money can start coming in 60 days. Send email Postal Service so we can get your cash flowing back losses back into your pocket. Guaranteed. dennis@sageinn.info.

• Reply to: To Decouple or not to Decouple…   3 years 7 months ago

Nice work Harry. Honestly, we don't need mail delivered more cheaply or reliably. We need to pay more to support the services we get. After all, well tip a waitress $1 on a $7 purchase. Why would be complain about a 70 cent stamp - given all that it does.

• Reply to: Brainstorm Ideas to Help the Postal Service   3 years 7 months ago

with the new rules coming on stamps, living people, etc, lets us put advertising on the stamps, charge a little more for the service.

• Reply to: A Look at India Post   3 years 7 months ago

India Post’s future profitability. is getiing bigger and bigger, One thing they should look at abroad is what is working for both public and private postal services.