• Reply to: Opportunity Knocks   2 months 1 week ago

Jen,
    I sent a message to the email you provided with the number of your local Office of Consumer Affairs. At this point, unless you feel your package was stolen by a postal employee, it is not something our office would investigate.

• Reply to: Which of the three options are you most interested in seeing the Postal Service pursue?   2 months 1 week ago

Debra,
    I sent a message to the email address you provided and included the phone number to your local USPS Office of Consumer Affairs. At this point, unless you feel that your package was stolen by a Postal employee, it is not something our office would investigate.

Mr. Espinosa,
    Thank you for your question. The information you are requesting concerning your complaint must be made through our Freedom of Information Act Office (FOIA). Under the "Contact Us" tab at the top of this page, click on "FOIA" and you will find the information on how to make a FOIA request or you may email them at foia@uspsoig.gov.

Why does the OIG not follow up with complaints from letter carriers? I've reported several incidents of misconduct with not a single response of any action.

It's obvious by your statement "just riding around in delivery trucks and walking to mailboxes delivering mail and packages". You forgot to mention In ALL WEATHER AND CLIMATES. How ofthen do you work out side for 7hrs (1hr in the office in the morning) with only 1/2 hr for lunch and two 10min breaks? I'll bet you say never. Even cutting your grass, or cleaning the yard doesn't take 7hrs and you'll stop for frequent breaks. I have a walking route and believe me, it sure isn't "a walk in the park". Broken stairs, broken sidewalks, loose dogs, sharp metal on mailboxes, trash cans in the way and all kinds of hazards in all neighborhoods. Not to mention driving with people that think "you're going too slow", when you're doing the speed limit and they just want to speed on by. We have a start-time and end-time that some magic computer determines the time it should take to deliver the mail, of course "crap in = crap out" and the numbers are not realistic. Throw a heavy bag over your shoulder some day and grab a few boxes too, then go for a 7+ hr walk around your whole neighborhood and see how you feel. Better yet, do it for a whole year, so you can experience all the seasons too. I don't want to sell stamps, that means I would have 2 things, 1) something of value (stamps) and 2) money for some scumbag to try to steal from me. No thank you. They want us to sell stamps? Put a vending machine on the side of my truck. Hell, might as well put a mail slot right next to it too.

• Reply to: Opportunity Knocks   2 months 1 week ago

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arrived at USPS Origin Facility BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 December 12, 2014 2:36 am
    Departed Post Office SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ 85143 December 10, 2014 6:44 pm
    Picked Up SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ 85143 December 10, 2014 5:11 pm
    Shipping Label Created SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ 85143 December 9, 2014 10:31 pm

This does not show my package was processes or ever departed Bell Gardens Origin facility. But states in transit. Its now 3 days past expected delivery date. How can it be in transit if it never was processed and scanned departed?

Thank you for looking into this.

• Reply to: Delivery and Safety: A Two-Way Street   2 months 1 week ago

My daily mail delivery always arrives after 5:00, and I worry about the safety of my carrier. It is very dark when he arrives, and the streets in San Francisco are not well-lit. And, he must walk up uneven, unlit walkways to put the mail through mail-slots in resident's doors, which are set back from the street. Many of these are lower "service" doors, which are not used for entrance by residents and visitors, and so are unlit at night. I think this new schedule is dangerous for the carriers. I don't want my carrier to be subjected to dangerous conditions, but personally, I do not have the resources to light my lower walkway for the sole use of my mail carrier at night, so it's a bad situation all around. I think the mail should be delivered during normal business hours, for the benefit of carriers and residents alike.

What can we do when we print a priority mail label, schedule a pickup, get a conformation number that it was picked up and there is no tracking of the package??? Nobody seems to know where my package is. VERY FRUSTRATING!! PLEASE don't tell me to file a complaint - did that. No call back. My local post office is no help so many excuses.
    I thought your packages were scanned when your post man picks them up? Now I have someone mad at me because this was a Christmas gift and I'm out almost $200.00.
    I need some help here!
    Tracking # 9405509699937147827491
    Pickup confirmation # WEC120624278
    Case # CA120790584
    Case # HQ120849769

• Reply to: “Return to Sender” Returns Interesting Results   2 months 1 week ago

Why do I keep getting my sons Christmas card back as "insufficient address" while he got other mail I sent the same day!!!to the same address !!they have Grinch working at Tx 77598?in Webster?Q

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   2 months 2 weeks ago

USPS LOCAL OFFICE HAS A KIOSK BUT IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE LIKE MIS PLACING THE TRACKING#/RECEIPT. NO ONE CAN HELP YOU OR LOOK IT UP!

• Reply to: Self-Service Mail Technologies   2 months 2 weeks ago

It is absolutely necessary for your self-service kiosks and options to accept CASH! Not every person has debit or credit, and it is difficult to find an office that stays open past 4. People have jobs, and few jobs let out before 4pm. With you making it impossible to get help at USPS, WHY WOULDN'T THE PUBLIC VISIT OTHER VENDORS WHO ACTUALLY SERVE THEIR NEEDS? You have set your company up for failure, then ask why you are failing. With your discriminatory policies, you are putting undue pressure on impoverished people, and impoverished people are the largest group in America. Why must you alienate the people who need you most?
    Until you can pay cash at the kiosk, you show prejudice against the poor. It proves your prejudice that your hours do not support the working poor. When did government institutions become purely focused on rich people?

• Reply to: Which of the three options are you most interested in seeing the Postal Service pursue?   2 months 2 weeks ago

If you would like to report this occurence please file a complaint online at https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form and we can then forward this issue to the right department.

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General
    www.uspsoig.gov

Advertizing YES! An overwhelming number of our customers have no knowledge of all the services available to them, such as mailing permits and EDDM etc................especially small/large businesses and other organizations.
    Also.........Why can't we advertize price comparisons between the USPS, FedEx, UPS and other parcel delivery companys. We can beat their prices by as much as 500+% from what I've seen. Why can't we let the public know this? Is it because we're in bed with them and contractually CAN'T do it?
    STOP consolidating our processing network and restore most of the consolidations/closures that have already occurred since 2013.
    Our area has lost a significant amount of revenue due to the poor processing service we now have since our local P&DC was shut down. Our P&DC needs to be reopened. Stop slashing service.

You need to report that post office to your congressman

Many Letter Carriers have been robbed and one even murdered a year ago. The targets become easier if you knew the Carrier now had a money bag to sell stamps. Funny stuff "just riding around and walking to mailboxes". Guess you never have done this job?

How about option 4 -- focus on delivery services, raising rates to cover costs when needed. Also, separate those managers who have absolutely no business managing people.

I voted for #3 because these postal carriers should be able to hand carry a mobile handheld device on their routes as they perform services for us along with delivering our mail. Why not? All other services I've seen, even the UPS, have mobile devices when they deliver packages for recipients to sign for; and sometimes those at home may run out of stamps and either can't get to a post-office or don't have a vehicle to get there, so providing the sale of stamps is a great idea, along with C.O.D's , and the other services. Postal carriers get paid good money for just riding around in delivery trucks and walking to mailboxes delivering mail and packages, why not give them some extra duties to perform while they are in the area? Upgrading the technology for the Postal Service Infrastructure is a sound idea and investment.

Add "Advertising" to the options.
    Real business' recognize it's value.

My local Post Office has some very unfriendly clerks in the building. The letter carriers out in the neighborhoods are great, but when I go to the Post Office to mail packages, the clerks are not at the counter or they get snippy about where to stand in line. I go to any other Post Office for mailing parcels or buying supplies and avoid my own.

Frankly, since the drastic cut in RCA pay we can no longer retain carriers, let alone get the best people for the job. They are not up to the task of expanding their duties. Reducing the network is bad. Once gone we cannot afford to get it back. We cannot afford to transport missent Mail the long distances now required by plant consolidation. Either we throw all standards out the window, or we spend more on extra trips to the plant, like we have to do this season, transporting missent, etc. Need to explore how to use the current infrastructure to generate more income- incubator for newly established businesses, etc.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 2 weeks ago

Hello Will,

We are sorry to hear about this occurrence. If you could please file a complaint online at https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form, it will provide our offices with the critical information needed to look into this matter.

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 2 weeks ago

Please file a complaint with our offices online at https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form. By completing this form it will provide our offices with the critical information needed to look into a matter such as this.
    Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

you didn't explain in detail the 3 options

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 2 weeks ago

What USPS needs to do is to bring back moral and good service to their employees. It used to be very good and they were proud of their excellent service. I just got a delivery notice stating that nobody was home. At the time, 5 people were home, which meant that the guy was lazy enough not to ring the bell. If I pay to get an item delivered to my door step and the mailman doesn't do that, that's the same as being robbed. Now I have to spend my money and time to finish his/her job. This is the US and we are better than that. Shame on you!

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   2 months 2 weeks ago

Audubon postal office is not professional loses mail delivers us others mail and needs to be looked at