• Reply to: How often did you use your smartphone to pay for things this holiday season?   1 month 1 week ago

I'm a mobile app developer in a mobile application development company - sakshay (http://www.sakshay.in/). I have developed a lot of mobile applications.

These fast-evolving technologies will facilitate the move to payment using mobile phones. Instead of the process of filling out manual paperwork, it's better to use a mobile phone that requires only the download of an app and linking it to the bank details. By using this innovative technology everything will change to digital, but it will take a long time for this to happen.

• Reply to: We’re Just Askin’   1 month 1 week ago

I wanted to reread an audit done last year...I tried to pull it up according to your instructions and only got the reports which showed up recently......Is there something wrong with me or your webpage...It was easy to pull up old audit reports on your prior webpage.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 1 week ago

My mail carrier will frequently mix up my mail and my neighbors mail which I can live with most times. But what does bother me is when I have parcels she frequently says that they were undeliverable and leave a message in my mailbox when I know for fact that someone was home that day. I have tried to have vendors ship was an alternate carrier whenever possible because my US PS carrier does not seem to care wether I get my packages or not and I feel that any other company in the private sector would hold their employees accountable for their performance or the lack there of.

• Reply to: Your Experience with the Customer Experience   1 month 1 week ago

recently our mail was delivered to the wrong place. Luckily the man who received was an honest man and returned it to us, the mail contained new credit cards. What if it had fallen into the wrong hands?

• Reply to: Passing up Passport Revenue?   1 month 1 week ago

I realize this is an old post but I came up on it while googling how in the world do I get an appointment to for passport renewal at the post office. I feel like this must be a joke. Do you really not know why people do not want to use the post office. I am currently on the phone for over 20 minutes waiting to speak to someone on the phone just to make an appointment, literally months in advance. This has to be the most inanely inefficient system ever. I would gladly pay double to have this taken care of efficiently and quickly but I can't go to a passport expediter because it's for a minor.

• Reply to: We’re Just Askin’   1 month 1 week ago

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for comment and your concern about our office's audit projects.

We have passed this message along to our Audit Team.

Thank you again.

• Reply to: Network Consolidation: It Takes Two … Phases   1 month 1 week ago

To add to Mike's comment......Now some of the mail processed at Raleigh and Greensboro is delivered to post offices in North Carolina which are as far away from Raleigh and Greensboro as Boston is to New York.

• Reply to: We’re Just Askin’   1 month 1 week ago

It is great that you seek opinions and views about upcoming audit projects.

The next step to take is to seek opinions and views on completed audits.

I am sure there are folks out there who read an audit and cringe. They see where the audit could have been so much better if the auditors had just known something which the reader had known. I am sure during an audit your auditors get a gut feeling that there are a couple of pieces of information missing which could so improve their audit but they can not find them.
    And I am sure that your auditing goals would be enhanced if you did seek out opinions of "completed" audits.
    After all, we all have the same goal,,,,,",Improve what we do. "

• Reply to: Does a Virtual PO Box service appeal to you?   1 month 1 week ago

I am looking for this service to use as a small business address for a virtual business. Please let me know if this service is offered at the USPS because it would be easier for me to trust than some random virtual PO Box company.

• Reply to: What should be the top priority for capital investment?   1 month 1 week ago

Postal Banking! In other countries, the Post Office is also a bank. This could be a very excellent New Line of Business!

• Reply to: Passing up Passport Revenue?   1 month 1 week ago
    Hi,

Hi,

We're sorry to hear about your issues. Here is the phone number to your nearest office of consumer affairs. They should be able to assist you: (615) 872-5642.

• Reply to: Neighborhood Mail and the Future of the Postal Service   1 month 1 week ago

Thank you for your comment. The Federal Trade Commission has information on their website to help you stop unsolicited mail. For more information go to:

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 1 week ago

Hi Shannon,

Our role is to prevent fraud, waste, abuse, and employee theft and misconduct within the Postal Service. Please file a complaint on our hotline so we can look further into this matter: https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form.

• Reply to: We’re Just Askin’   1 month 1 week ago

I love the new process. It is operating smoothly and it is very simple to use. The graphics add a more interesting touch. I do not have any issues that need to be addressed at this time because every new audit within my directorate has recently produced an Audit Asks page.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   1 month 1 week ago

I'm expecting a parcel from Taiwan,Tracking Number: CC254626181TW.it arrived in BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 on March 20, 2015 , 9:03 pm, and i still haven't received it !my zip code is 92532! I ever filed an inquiry (Case ID 122382682) to USPS customer server,and it turns that my local post office replied to me, they just told me that they don't receive my parcel in their station, the end of story ! and i did ask the sender to do an investigation from original country TAIWAN!but it would take 1-2 month to process! probably my parcel would already has sent back to Taiwan during this investigation!
    im helpless now , i don't even know my parcel is LOST or anything, please HELP! thank you!

How do I get off the advertising mass mail lists? I receive many more "Local Postal Customer" junk mail than ever before. I do not want it, I never requested it, and I want off the mailing list. Please let me know how to expedite removal.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   1 month 1 week ago

I sent 2 Birthday cards with cash money inside to VA with other bills and dropped it off at the box in Mililani, HI post office on March 19, 2015. Till this day my brother still haven't received the birthday cards. My bill that I sent out to other places was received and cashed. Try calling the post office to inquire about this matter but the phone keeps ringing and I can't leave a message. Don't know what to do or think but will try to follow up with the post office to see what can be done. I just hope that it wasn't stolen because this would have been my first bad experience all these years while using their services. I work hard for my money as well as others and when things like this happen it makes us lose Faith in the Post Office. I guess nothing safe nowadays .

• Reply to: Passing up Passport Revenue?   1 month 1 week ago

Concerning Post Office: 8011 BROOKS CHAPEL RD, BRENTWOOD, TN 37027-9998 (http://www.uspspostoffices.com/tn/brentwood/brentwood)

We found ourselves in the same situation as many of you: attempted many times to call for an appointment, calls went unanswered and/or messages unreturned, could NEVER set an appointment, went in person to set appointment, USPS employees unwilling to help (the appointed Passport Worker was there, but said she could NOT help us as she wanted to leave early--the office is scheduled to close at 3pm; it was 1pm when we walked into the office) . Spoke to supervisor (William [he refused to give us his last name]) who said he couldn't help, told us to call the number we had been trying to call for days and walked away. Your basic runaround. A company would never exist being so unresponsive and treating patrons this way. This is why the Passport Division of the USPS has experienced a decrease in revenue. In looking for a place to lodge our complaint, this is the only number we came across on the website (http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/contact-us.html):

"If you have a compliment or a complaint about Passport Services, we want to hear from you.

Please call us at 1-855-865-7755."

We'll try to call, but not getting our hopes up that anyone will answer it.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 month 1 week ago

I do use the kiosks often and have had good experiences UNTIL NOW. I mailed a package on March 14 at the branch post office 10009. It vanished from the face of the earth for 10 days--not a mention on the tracking site, even though it was insured (extra) and placed in the drawer provided. I sent an email asking for help, and was given a case number and told I would be contacted in 3 days--BUT NEVER WAS.

Then, a miracle of sorts--on March 23, I checked the tracking site and saw that it had been sent to GUAM. (It was addressed to Santa Barbara 93105 and on the receipt as such.) How the heck did that happen??? It left Guam on March 24 and spent several days on the Pacific, arriving in Honolulu on March 27. It finally arrived in Santa Barbara on March 30. I have no recourse because Priority Mail is not guaranteed, but this seemed really out of the realm of acceptable Post Office delivery. I'm glad it wasn't stolen, but because of this ridiculous route, my niece's 16th birthday gift arrived way after the event, which was deeply disappointing for my mother, who was hoping to give her the present the package contained.

I'm glad it wasn't stolen. But I just wanted to let someone know that no one ever responded to my initial email after promising to do so. And I wanted to let someone know that my package was sent to GUAM. I mean, what even goes to Guam??? Not a lot, I bet. Aaargh.

Thanks for listening.
    Barbara

• Reply to: The Road to a New Delivery Fleet   1 month 1 week ago

More careful attention should be placed upon the exterior mirrors systems that are placed on the vehicles. Many operators of the current LLV that I have talked with say it is impossible to drive the vehicles safely because of the inadequate exterior mirrors that have been placed on the truck. New Mirror technology for such vehicles and it should be explored before simply accepting the outdated mirror technology that will be placed upon the vehicles by the manufacturers who get the bid on the new vehicles.

• Reply to: Network Consolidation: It Takes Two … Phases   1 month 1 week ago

We publish a daily paper in Monroe MI and send the papers to our local post office every week day packaged exactly as we are instructed to do so. In recent months we have received an increase in out of county customers complaining that their papers arrive a week or so later than they should. Some days a customer will get 3 or 4 papers and then nothing for half a week and then a bunch again. Sometimes the papers shows up a few days after publication day if they are lucky but most of the time well over a week. Absolutely no consistency. I have readers begging me for help and there is nothing I can do nor get any answers from anyone as to why the delays. Regardless if I am mailing to Florida or in the next county over the inconsistency happens constantly. I have even mailed a paper to my own house because it was hard to believe the complaints we received. After I finish writing this comment I will have to process a refund for a customer that has had enough.
    On a final thought I would like to suggest the postal service eliminate the Publication Watch process as that doesn't do anything other than say the final local post office delivered on the day they got the paper...problem is that is a week after I sent it out. I want to know what is happening in between my post office and the customers local post office.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   1 month 2 weeks ago

No proof of actual mailing from a Kiosk. It's technically not even shipped until someone scans it. So the Kiosk is great for an after hours emergency, but otherwise never.

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   1 month 2 weeks ago

Hello Richard,

Thank you for contacting our offices.

The role of the USPS Office of Inspector General is to investigate waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

Unfortunately, this issue falls outside of the jurisdiction of this office.

However, we have forwarded your message to the Postal Service Consumer Affairs office. They will be able to look further into this issue for you.

Need to stop a packet that in New York cause who I'm sending it to was a scam
    tracking number CW738212627US

• Reply to: Zip Into the Future   1 month 2 weeks ago

Pat,

There would be no reason to add your social security number to the mailing address and seems like a phishing scheme or hoax. If you have the link to the article, please post it here. We’d be interested in seeing it.

Thanks,