• Reply to: A Package of Opportunity   3 months 1 week ago

I deliver mail at the hub in a major city where the Amazon packages are delivered. Many times packages that could have been delivered, should have been delivered, are not delivered because the new CCA's don't know about parcel lockers, or where the mailboxes are at apartments. Maybe they should have the same people do the Sunday delivery, maybe on a volunteer basis with a pay incentive. Let them learn from the regulars the ins and outs during the week.
    On another note, UPS and Fedex do not only use USPS services where they don't want to go, they use them here in the heart of a major city. They're probably cleaning up, while we do the work.

• Reply to: Will you be doing your online shopping earlier this season?   3 months 2 weeks ago

Hello Janet,

Thank you for taking the time to notify our offices of this issue. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

If you could please file a complaint online at https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form. By completing this form it will provide our offices with the critical information needed to expeditiously resolve this matter.

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General
    www.uspsoig.gov

• Reply to: Saluting Our Service Members   3 months 2 weeks ago

I will NOT be using the USPS ever again to mail gifts. I sent my granddaughter a custom stained glass box which I packed in bubble wrap and styro foam chips. It arrived with one corner broken. I used one of your insured boxes. My daughter-in-law, Rebecca (Becky) Seward filed a claim for the $50.00 insurance. She never heard back from anyone, so I filed again. I was supposed to hear back form the postal service and receive my refund in three weeks. That was eight weeks ago. I asked my local post office where I mailed the box from and they said they couldn't help me. What a shoddy operation. You're glad for us to mail packages using your insured boxes but there is no follow up. Shame on you!

I will likely be shopping earlier, however I will NOT be using USPS. In August, I mailed 125 invitations. 19 never made it despite having correct addresses, correct postage, and being hand delivered to the counter at the post office. That is over a 15% failure rate. Despite knowing that I would get no help, I asked to speak with the local manager. She was extremely rude and accused me of lying.

Today, we tried to renew our daughters passport at the same post office. Online, it states that this location accepts walk in customers. To confirm, we called the post office and were told that walk ins were accepted from 8am to 3pm. When we arrived, we were told that they "would not accommodate us." The same manager walked over to a printed sheet of paper, pointed to a notice saying that appointments may fill up if customers do not arrive between 8:00 and 8:30am. I explained our phone call and the fact that the official website does not mention this caveat. She told me that she did not believe someone gave me this information and if that was all I needed to please leave.

I will happily pay a few extra $$ to avoid this black hole for our tax dollars.

• Reply to: A Bird in Hand: The Importance of Customer Retention   3 months 2 weeks ago

Hello Rosa,

Thank you for taking the time to contact our offices and we apologize for your inconvenience.The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

We recommend contacting the USPS customer service office: you can call them at 800-275-8777 or email socialmedia@usps.gov. Once they have received your claim they can look further into this matter.

Another option is to file a complaint online at https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form and we can then forward this issue to the right department.

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

www.uspsoig.gov

Hello Dee,

Thank you for taking the time to contact our offices. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS).

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

www.uspsoig.gov

I mailed a letter last week to the next town in SC in the letter never made it. I went to the post office and it was like oh well u don't have a tracking #. I mailed it in the post office. The envelope had important documents. This is an awful experience. With the holidays coming up I will not ship with the USPS.

The reason the Post Office loses business is because they don't provide the service in the manner in which it should be provided. Why would I pay the USPS to do a service it can't effectively do? And when there is an issue, you can't talk with a human being. Case in point: I ordered a product on 11-1 from a business in NJ. They shipped the product on 11-3 priority 2 day with USPS. Today is Nov 8th and the package reportedly just left MD! The website still shows estimated delivery 11-5 (which has passed by the way) and when you call the tracking line, the recorded message won't put you to a human and if you call the complaint line you get the same. If you want customers, you MUST provide good service. You don't tip waittresses if they don't provide good service why would I pay you for bad service. I'd love to have a phone number where I could expect to get to talk with a human being so if you'd like to email me a number I'll call. You asked in this website if I would be shopping earlier this year....the answer is no, I'll shop the same but I'll ship differently.

• Reply to: Are Contract Postal Units and Village Post Offices the Post Office of the Future?   3 months 3 weeks ago

The Village Post Office was the “concept” unveiled last summer along ... As a USPS OIG report entitled “High-Risk Contract Postal Units” ... In any case, it doesn't look like CPUs or VPOs are going to be the wave of the future. http://services-france.fr/

• Reply to: Will you be doing your online shopping earlier this season?   3 months 3 weeks ago

Hello Julissa,

The primary responsibility of the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General is to prevent, detect, and report fraud, waste, and misconduct; and to conduct independent audits and investigations of Postal Service programs and operations to ensure their efficiency and integrity.

We suggest filing a complaint online at https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form. It will provide our offices with the critical information needed to expeditiously resolve this matter.

Thank you.

yes i agree the USPS is the worse mailing system out there shame its government, i sen t a package out to my family and the box got there empty!! since August its been an ongoing "investigation" i don't understand how a government based operation allows stuff like this to happen!!! i don't respect the USPS they are GARBAGE!!! neither do i trust them!!! and yes the workers are super lazy overpaid and so RUDE!!! i don't suggest anyone to use this system to snd out things to their families of the holidays, don't TRUST them!!!!!!!

• Reply to: Are They Listening to Me?   3 months 3 weeks ago

I submitted an idea in 2009. It is now being implemented nationwide. I have documentation for proof. I have not received any credit as of yet. I will pursue this matter fully.

if I were the in the government I would dismantle this crap of USPS.I would privatize the US mailing system. bunch overpaid workers who are lazy and don't like to work. just show up to their jobs to collect their weekly check.

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   3 months 3 weeks ago

My main issue is that the kiosks does not accept cash which is a major flaw in my opinion.

• Reply to: Six Years and Still Going Strong   3 months 3 weeks ago

Hello Walt,

Thank you for your comment. The USPS Office of Inspector General investigates waste, theft, fraud and abuse within the Postal Service (USPS). We recommend contacting the USPS customer service office: you can call them at 800-275-8777 or email them at socialmedia@usps.gov. Once they have received your claim they can look further into this matter.

Thank you.

U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General

• Reply to: Delivery and Safety: A Two-Way Street   3 months 3 weeks ago

I am a CCA and traveled HUNDREDS of miles in variable weather to serve many communities for the postal service. I did the job that the most seasoned carrier has and was expected to do so daily and at LEAST half of another carriers route. I got 3 day's of training then was expected to do what I just mentioned at any post office with my county and in 120 degree weather plus! I do all this and more with less than half the pay of a regular. As well the carriers in 'the old days' which someone else on here said where the top notch are majorly ANYTHING but! Most of these 'old timers' are either spying for the post office just what a cca needs when they are sacrificing their life to help these 'old timers' keep their job. or they claim to be disabled and still working a full time carrier position getting paid Top Notch while they complain like kid's and pass off their work for someone else to do as they get paid not to ,then trying their hand at being a supervisor and stalking employee's in their personal life, making false claims and lies to OIG to ruin a budding CCA's career. Many CCA's are not fit for the job many more 'regulars' are not fit for the job as well. I have NEVER been abused the way employees with the usps have abused me in my job. It is absolutely SICKENING to work along side these criminals who spend their day trying to do as least as possible and concentrating instead on maliciouse ways to destroy a CCA's life because these 'Regulars' are NOT fit for duty.

• Reply to: Workforce Flexibility – Would it Work for the Postal Service?   3 months 3 weeks ago

Part time employees can also be of good service to the postal dept .why not give them a chance

• Reply to: Six Years and Still Going Strong   3 months 3 weeks ago

My girl friend recently moved in with me and she turned in a change of address form to have her mail forwarded to my PO box and she was told that she had to get her own box because it was illegal for 2 people to receive mail at 1 box. I even talked to the lady running the PO and told her it was ok for my girl friend to get mail at my box and was told she had to get her own box. Is that true and why cant she have her mail go to my PO box when we live together?

• Reply to: Six Years and Still Going Strong   3 months 4 weeks ago

USPS FAILED AGAIN!!! Out of the 4 work days so far this week, your carrier has failed to show up at our business before our closing TWICE so far.
    Is it incompetence, or just a "we don't care" attitude????

• Reply to: Calling All Revenue-Generation Ideas   3 months 4 weeks ago

Since the Postal Service has such great IT personnel, they should consider being a cloud provider rather than a customer. I think the Postal Service has the largest data center in the country. With that being said, they have the equipment, the knowledge, and the people. So why not use those skills to get paid.

• Reply to: A Bird in Hand: The Importance of Customer Retention   4 months 16 hours ago

My biggest concern right now is because my mail is not getting to me. I'm involved in a numerous legal issues related to the death of one of my children & the FDA, myself, workers compensation, & others. This means I have been expecting money, and have not received any of it, but it is sitting in unclaimed funds. I have done my part to change my address every time I move, but somebody is trying to make money off of me. I'm a disabled, single parent, trying to put my youngest daughter through her last year of college on assistance, and struggling. Naupa is a dishonest company, taking advantage of disadvantage people. I can say that, because I'm blessed with the gift of prophecy. All I ask is that you get them straight, and make them do what is right. Trying to make people pay for what is rightfully theirs.

• Reply to: A Bird in Hand: The Importance of Customer Retention   4 months 1 day ago

The USPS does everything they can to accurately deliver the Mail. The problem is that they are still sending mail to a physical address, a place where someone lives or lived in the past and since past residents most likely share a name or two - things get messed-up. The USPS needs to move into this century by giving everyone a permanent (virtual) address, like an email address. You don't have to be home to get your email and by the same token you would be able to get your Mail anywhere by updating your location from the web. This would solve your problem. Mail Forwarding would be automatic and seamless. They should be sending Mail to a person instead of a building where some may or may not be. The other major problem is that since they've been working on Mail Forwarding for so long, they actually believe that it works great and no improvements are needed. Customers know otherwise and without a flawless system people lose faith in the USPS. And what about businesses? Imagine if your company grows and needs to move, what a nightmare that would be for your Mail (and business). Anyway good luck to you, Ruth. I hope things improve for you.

Hello Ruth,

To further assist you please call your local Office of Consumer Affairs at
    (410) 347-4330 or send an e-mail to socialmedia@usps.gov.

Thank you for your interest in matters that affect the Postal Service.
    For all other inquires, please file a complaint online at https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/new-complaint-form.

I have lived in Frederick County, Maryland all my life. Every time I move, I include all the individual names on the change of address card, because their are so many with the same last name in this area. I have repeatedly written complaints that have gotten me no where. There's a major glitch in the United States Postal Service. Anybody with the same last name, it doesn't read anything past the last name. I've been looking for checks, and I have mail that has been sent back. Not because it was sent to the wrong address, but it could not reach me at my mailing address. I'm not going to ask anyone to pay for something that should be correct. You all are responsible for this. I'm a disabled mom, who has been abused by the medical system multiple times. This left me with a deceased son @ 23 from anaphylaxis, a 34 year old son suffering from a brain injury, maltreatment of a dr because of his color, and me I had a heart attack this year. By God's grace, I was diagnosed with a rare disorder Ehler's Danlos Syndrome. I say all of that to say Disability went after McDonald's for my money back in March. If I have to add the United States Postal Service to the list, trust me I will. I have done my part over & over, and you can't figure out that you have a major glitch in the system. That's a problem. Please find it and fix it, so I won't have to add you to my legal list. I truly have enough to deal with, and would be so happy if you would find & correct this issue.