• Reply to: City Delivery Route Consolidation   2 weeks 4 days ago

Yes and in communities etc. them unfair ones act as though the one mailman who's the hard worker and thought he would be valued more by doing it all ,gets the blame as though he or she is the reason for any mail tardiness or if help is needed. Even if a person who's been hit by a vehicle or injured by any other form , they act as though it's fake and never understood what took so long with the biggest mail loads. Yes having managers, clerks etc and anyone employed should also have to give by doing more work also to help with delivery services.It's not just postmasters that have time for making waste. Common sense ideas that can improve things should be allowed without difficulty instead of attacking hard dedicated workers,blaming them, hating them ,abusing them, etc for a form of recreation to release boredom or amusement. Unions should make it legal for clerks to do some deliveries to , along with extra managers on hand. I've on occasion seem a postmaster do some sorting. They should allow for some half and half jobs. Sorting and mail delivery without too much of any one thing. It would be healthier, reduce call outs and injuries down the line and in turn reduce many costs plus a better incentive to be productive / upbeat about it. No abuse or beating down in anyone anymore . No difficulty re routing obvious problems that harm and make things worse. It's as if overwork to slave ships make employees stronger or something instead of debilitated. Why do they like that and then use force to debilitate them more , when they can deligate more fairly instead. They even try to say its not fair to others when that person is the one who has it the most unfair and they continue to spend extra time to plan alibis for their laziness, it seems, instead of planning solutions. Force and law is needed to make it harder for them to overwork one and by the time some prevention can stop the excessive overwork some, it's too late after the damage is done, but at least maybe further damage can stop before a person is completely ruined and any future good sport might have it better, who knows. I don't want to knock all management or higher level officials , since there is some good in some and not all bad but it's the side taking and constant fighting instead of fair play between opposing sides and the mail carrier gets hurt because of it and in turn it harms the whole industry even though others still can get richer and fatter by not doing much. Why can't union and management both let things go and agree for more equal mail systems and less segregation into opposing sides out for themselves instead of supporting the industry on a whole.

• Reply to: What service is most important to you?   2 weeks 4 days ago

How about delivering the mail in a timely fashion to the correct address? If I see another "The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date" on USPS.com tracking where my package sits in a sorting facility for a week I'm going to go postal.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   3 weeks 34 min ago

I would like to find out why my outgoing mail was not picked up until 8:40 pm tonight. I waited and watched the mail truck come by. I could have taken my mail to work but thought it would get out quicker. I have also seen mail trucks running on Sunday. What is going on?

• Reply to: Have you used a Postal Service app of any kind?   3 weeks 14 hours ago

I've had this app quite awhile,,used to work better,,but now the tracking is about worthless,,shows it left original facility,,then nothing until it's out for delivery,,no scans along the way ,,rediculous

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   3 weeks 1 day ago

They should be at every major shopping location, they are a dream come true, no standing in lines and no interaction with a potential depressed or disgruntled employee who might do lord knows what,please put them more places like shopping centers and malls. I could actually buy a gift and overnight my package all at the same spot. A lot of times I just won't buy things because of the hassle of having to go to a post office, try it out in a busy mall before Christmas so the public will know they are available and how easy they are to use, of coarse put an attendant there to show the general public how simple they are to use

• Reply to: Does the Postal Service Need International Service Centers?   3 weeks 3 days ago

I am disappointed that my package in ISC Miami for the last three months no feed backs from USPS with regards to my item the thing is just today another item is held for the second time the first items tracking number is EE002449358TT for no reason its held in Miami which it suppose to be sent to china and the latest one is to go to New York Tracking Number EE002402069TT I AM JUST HOPPING THIS TIME IT GO TO THE ADDRESS IT WAS SEND TO AND DONT GET STUCK IN MIAMI FOR THE SECOND TIME!

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   3 weeks 3 days ago

This is a great idea and it would help those people out that can't cash checks at a bank because they don't have a account. also then they wouldn't be indebt to the pay day leaders!

• Reply to: Business Reply Mail   3 weeks 4 days ago

Hello,

If I am concerned with the speed of how quickly to receive mail, should one choose BRM Priority of First Class?

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   3 weeks 4 days ago

Absolutely! I strongly support the expansion of the USPS into financial services as a viable business line that would offer expanded and valuable customer services, especially to sectors of American society that now lack low or no-cost mechanisms for fiscal transactions and short-term loans. Death to the payday lenders who charge outrageous interest rates and snare people into a cycle of never-ending debt payments.

• Reply to: An Uber Good Idea?   3 weeks 4 days ago

Unfortunatly we don´t have UBER in Spain because of the taxi lobbys push. We still have Desguaces en Barcelona

• Reply to: If you have been to a Post Office with a kiosk, but opted to wait for a clerk instead, what was the basis for your decision?   3 weeks 5 days ago

I've experienced the same thing with all of the credit cards in my wallet lately. Ever since the issuers sent me replacement cards with the new technology (embedded chips), the USPS kiosk readers can't scan them. When this problem first arose, I still had one card that had not been replaced and it worked. Now none of mine will work. I don't know why I tried again today. Like you, I never have a problem with these same cards anywhere else. I don't expect a fix very soon, since they have so many they'll have to retrofit.

• Reply to: Can the Postal Service Deliver the Goods?   3 weeks 6 days ago

USPS is THE WORSE Postal "Service" I have ever used in the 6 countries I have lived in. It would be impossible to detail all of the idiotic and moronic and systemic failures of USPS but I will tell you IF you care then DO SOMETHING!! Of course that will NEVER happen as the Postal Union will never allow any employee to be fired for theft or incompetence. I addressed a package to Ecuador and the moron at USPS in Phoenix sent it to Equatorial Guinea...when I tried to get it intercepted the horrible people who staff the USPS office REFUSED to help me, stonewalled me, scowled at me and laughed at me. Your office is a joke, USPS is a disgrace and I will pay ten times the price to use DHL or Fedex. You are the most dishonorable collection of people I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

• Reply to: The Postal Service and Its Obligation   3 weeks 6 days ago

When a mail man leaves a vacancy letter for me to sign because he thought address was vacant do they send u your old mail back the next day prior to sighning it? Or do they do it the fallowing day?

• Reply to: An Uber Good Idea?   4 weeks 8 hours ago

I work for the usps and currently am a uber driver. Is this something that would not allow me to do? Would this take away my extra income? What would be the restrictions for the current usps/uber drivers? How many of there r us????

• Reply to: Go Secure With gopost   1 month 2 hours ago

I would definitely use this! I live in Portland OR and package theft is a huge problem in my neighborhood.

• Reply to: Nationwide Wage Uniformity   1 month 8 hours ago

i have a question, I just got a transfer from the Detroit NDC to the Atlanta NDC , is the pay going to be the same

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 23 hours ago

Bill paying, ID's, banking, and voting should have been incorporated into the USPS years ago.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 1 day ago

The USPS should serve all American's with extended hours, postal banking, more employees at the window, more passport hours and full time carrier employees.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 1 day ago

I am a resident of a small town (Covington, GA) and would certianly take advantage of certian essential banking services that the U.S.P.S. might offer.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 1 day ago

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't the Post Office used to offer basic banking services back in the days before it became a stand-alone version of its former self and the Postmaster General was bounced as a Cabinet member?
    I think it is long past time to restore the Post Office to its former importance in this country.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 1 day ago

I support this initiative especially " The development of credit union-type savings and micro-loan programs are badly needed by the working poor as an alternative to predatory businesses that thrive from their misery.”

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 1 day ago

As someone who worked both as a letter carrier and a window clerk, I feel that the USPS universal delivery and retail service networks are underutlized. Both were built with public revenues at a time when the post office was still a federal agency, and decisions about how to use them should be made with the idea of maximizing benefits to the public.
    It would be of enormous benefit to the American people to offer a non-profit alternative to increasingly asggressive payday lenders who prey upon people experiencing difficujlt financial services.

I was recently in Barcelona, where I walked into a post office and found a banking window in the front lobby. There are other countries where the notion of postal banking has been applied successfully. Thank you for giving this idea serious consideration.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 1 day ago

On our 1st jaunt to Europe in 1970 we were amazed that you could do so many things both communication and financial at the old Post Office ! Later went to work as a clerk for the USPService and eventually retired from it. Still think the European model a good service for the customer ! Hope we can install and instill in our own USPS ! !

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 1 day ago

My father was a letter carrier and postql employee for most of his work life.
    I want to help the US Post Office become strong again, and postal banking is
    a step in that direction.

• Reply to: A Golden Opportunity?   1 month 1 day ago

Postal banking would be solution to at least two problems: revenue generation for the Postal Service and access to banking services to our poor and working class people. I support this idea and hope that USPS re-establishes this program soon.