- Project Title:
- Inbound International Letter Post Performance and Strategies
- Start Date:
- Wednesday, January 3, 2018
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- June 2018
The Universal Postal Union (UPU) created the Quality of Service Fund in 1999 to support quality of service improvement initiatives in developing countries. The Fund’s mission is to improve inbound letter post mail service quality, and strengthen the worldwide postal network.
The UPU determines service performance goals for countries to meet, and participating countries pay penalties for not meeting goals.
Since 2005, the Postal Service has met the UPU service performance target once. Every year that the performance target is missed, the Postal Service loses revenue because of penalties.
- Why is the Postal Service unable to meet UPU’s service performance targets for inbound international letter post mail?
- What can the Postal Service do to improve service performance for international inbound letter post mail?