- Project Title:
- Extended Capacity Left-Hand Drive Delivery Vehicles
- Start Date:
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- April 2018
The Postal Service primarily uses the Extended Capacity Left-Hand Drive (LHD) minivan on routes that do not require curbside delivery. The minivans are also used to perform delivery and collection roles not suited for larger vehicles. In addition, the replacement Extended Capacity LHD Delivery vehicles would have extra cargo capacity to meet the need of recent package volume growth.
The existing fleet of minivans has been in service past the 10-year operations plan. Frequent repairs result in maintenance costs disproportionately higher than the value of the vehicles. We are conducting an audit to determine whether the Postal Service Extended Capacity Left-Handed Drive delivery vehicles acquisition achieved projected performance metrics, costs, and savings.
- Have you noticed improvements in carrier loading time due to the new LHD vehicle extra capacity?
- Have you experienced any issues with the new vehicle?
- Have the new vehicles helped to reduce maintenance problems that you had with the existing minivans?