- Project Title:
- Postal Service Roofing Preventive Maintenance Program
- Start Date:
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- May 2018
The Postal Service is responsible for approximately 195 million square feet of roofing across 8,300 owned facilities. That’s $3 billion worth of roofing. The Postal Service launched the Roof Asset Management Program to reduce the number of roof replacements, prevent leaks, and to keep facilities dry. This included initial assessments of every Postal Service-owned building, establishing preventive maintenance schedules, and taking sustainable corrective actions to fix roofing problems.
- Are you aware of a roofing problem at your Postal Service facility, which has caused water to leak inside the building or resulted in additional damage to the roof?
- What actions has the Postal Service taken to reduce costs and extend the life expectancy associated with roofing at their owned facilities?
- Is the roofing preventive maintenance program cost-effective in identifying roofing issues before extensive damage occurs, and does the program provide timely repairs and alterations at owned facilities?