- Project Title:
- Oversight of the U.S. Postal Service Uniform Allowance Program
- Start Date:
- Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- August 2019
Using the Uniform Allowance Program enables the Postal Service to simplify the purchasing process for its 300,000 plus employees. Eligible postal employees receive a Uniform Allowance Purchase Card to purchase authorized uniforms items from a licensed Postal Service uniform vendor, costing the Postal Service about $70 million annually. Therefore, it is crucial that the Postal Service manage the Uniform Program effectively with adequate controls in place to ensure that employees use the funds for approved uniform purchases only.
- Where do you make your Postal Service uniform purchases?
- Are merchants knowledgeable about authorized-uniform items?
- Have you received training on the use of the Uniform Allowance Purchase Card?