- Project Title:
- Software License Management
- Start Date:
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- August 2017
In FY 2016, the Postal Service Information Technology (IT) group spent $175 million on software contract expenses. This includes purchases of commercial software licenses through vendor contracts. Software Acquisition and Software License Management involves acquiring, managing, and monitoring commercial software.
The OIG is conducting a review of Software License Management to determine whether opportunities exist for the Postal Service to enhance its software license management program, and if the current program is functioning in accordance with Postal Service standards and industry best practices.
- What should the Postal Service do to manage their software licenses differently?
- Are there areas where software could be managed more efficiently or effectively?
- Are there any enterprise-wide best practices for software license management that the Postal Service should consider for addition to their policies?
- Are there any enterprise-wide software tools for software license management that the Postal Service should consider for use?