- Project Title:
- Availability for Tier 1 Business Critical Services
- Start Date:
- Tuesday, February 27, 2018
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- August 2018
Tier 1 business critical services support the Postal Service's main business categories such as moving the mail, plant management, delivery, major mailers, revenue, or customer experience. Unavailable Tier 1 business critical services keep the Postal Service from performing key functions. Outages related to Tier 1 business critical services may cause a potential loss of current or future revenue, a potential loss of brand value, or diminished customer experience.
The Postal Service defines availability as the ability of an IT service to perform when required. An outage is defined as an interruption that results in the service being unavailable during the agreed time.
We are looking into the availability of Click-N-Ship, a Tier 1 business critical service that allows registered users to print and pay for shipping labels. Click-N-Ship's core availability hours are 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Have you had any instances when you could not connect to Click-N-Ship? If so, please provide details.
- Have you run into the same issue more than once?
- How long was Click-N-Ship unavailable? Please provide details of how many times you tried to access Click-N-Ship.
- If you experienced any issues, was there a workaround or did you wait until Click-N-Ship was available again?