• Reply to: A Look at India Post   3 years 8 months ago

Extraordinary to find this out. I've always been staggered by the efficiency of India Post, and wondered how they've managed to achieve this. Now it seems simply by pumping money into it... I will say however that India Post's old fashioned model highly impressive, at least as a consumer

• Reply to: Making “Sorry We Missed You” a Thing of the Past   3 years 8 months ago

Terrible idea. I wouldn't trust the USPS with something important enough to have been sent via FedEx/UPS.

• Reply to: Cast Your Vote via the Postal Service?   3 years 8 months ago

Everything those who are entrusted with enforcing the laws of the United States Constitution continues to be Fraudulent (Collusion) creating the American Holocaust. No vote needs to be casted for YHVH's solution the Peoples Righteous Kill Defense.

• Reply to: Cast Your Vote via the Postal Service?   3 years 8 months ago

It seems there's always the possibility of fraud no matter how we do it. Mailing in votes might get more people to vote. I think it's a good idea, as long as it's closely monitored.

• Reply to: Brainstorm Ideas to Help the Postal Service   3 years 8 months ago

REENERGIZE FASCINATING STAMPS
    The Post Office can nurture a long-term love of stamps---as an artform, educational tool and habit-forming hobby. Starting with schools, provide maps of the United States and World, which have slots to be filled in with stamps for each State or Country. Designer stamps, which are linked to pop culture and contemporary hot news, can be rolled out incrementally or sold as limited edition packs.

• Reply to: Cast Your Vote via the Postal Service?   3 years 8 months ago

i think it will be lots of fraud if they do it this way

• Reply to: Mail Transport Equipment—Inventory Management and Loss Prevention   3 years 8 months ago

Theft loss of palets is always a bad thing. However, i think that increased security does not cover the expenses of theft in this case. It is worth researching tough, so you set an example that theft is not tolerated

• Reply to: The Postal Strike of 1970   3 years 8 months ago

Well I hafta tell ya, Ive been involved in strike action before.. Its very stressfull.. Families depending on the breadwinner suddenly have grave fears for their future.
    My advice.. take a Golden handshake.. and set your self up in some little cottage industry business.. Dont buy into Franchises.. they rip you off EVERY time.. be brave.. and start off doing something for yourself ..its easy actually.. I have started 3 business from scratch.. Carpet cleaning Roller shutters and Garage door sales.. all great.. try working on Commission.. if you have some $$ behind you.. you can take your time and get some sales happening quick.. Right now Solar power is BIG..
    JUST DO IT..

- short retail hours is a problem - for USPS packages too! Possibly units that have later hours or someone there after retail close could scan and give packages to customers who would NOT pay - non-USPS shippers would (a la Parcel Select).
    - internet option to move a package close to someone's work location would also be nice, but needs to be handled at dutch door NOT retail counter at busy times. Again-shippers pay, not customers.

• Reply to: The Postal Service’s Green Initiatives   3 years 8 months ago

interesting, i am bookmarking that.

• Reply to: Cast Your Vote via the Postal Service?   3 years 8 months ago

While I’m glad for the additional postal revenue of voting by mail, I hope that my state never adopts it. I am too paranoid. I can too easily imagine the election fraud potentials of voting by mail. The only way to prevent widespread counterfeiting of ballots is to give each ballot a unique identifier—which suddenly allows the government to know how I voted. And even if there is a unique identifier on each ballot, how would anyone know that I didn’t fill out every ballot in my household, or that I didn’t steal my neighbors’ ballots for that matter? Can I receive a replacement ballot by claiming that the original must have been lost in the mail, and then return both? The concept is good postal business, but it’s poor democracy.

• Reply to: Year 2   3 years 8 months ago

You are correct I remember all but one of the topics are they rightfully should be considered the most popular. Great Job.

As an online seller, I think this is a good idea.

• Reply to: A Penny for Your Thoughts?   3 years 8 months ago

Increases in one penny at a time.

sorry that you missed me.

• Reply to: New Business Mail Acceptance and Verification Process — Friend or Foe?   3 years 8 months ago

When Postal One was down, we were required to submit hard copy forms even though we had already submitted them electronically and had the Confirmation paperwork with the mail. This delayed the mail being accepted and created doubl ework for us.

• Reply to: Too Costly to Keep On Truckin?   3 years 8 months ago

why do we need to bring our own trucks the local service center for MINOR repairs. EX. fix wiper blades,fix a fuse, add windshield wash,anti-freeze,etc. When, if we had our uwn supply at each station, we,a manager, or someone, could do the repair. The cost would be NOTHING.WE can do it, and then ther carrier (hopefully)will know that the job was done RIGHT in the first palce.WE are throwing away money,letting the local service,and/or gas station do the repair.Yes, keep them for the major jobs,but the little ones we can do, and save big bucks, in the mean time.

• Reply to: Guest Blog: Automation Refugees   3 years 8 months ago

good job

Thanks for your comment Donna. Would you please elaborate how your part is more involved. What are you now doing extra or differently now than what you used to? This will help us to better understand the customer's perspective.

When I take our mailings to the post office, it now takes 40 minutes to have our mail processed, where it used to take only 20 minutes. Plus the part I play, in the way the mail is presented, has become much more involved, with no increased benefit to us.

• Reply to: New Business Mail Acceptance and Verification Process — Friend or Foe?   3 years 9 months ago

welcome to china

• Reply to: Making “Sorry We Missed You” a Thing of the Past   3 years 9 months ago

I would not be able to use my LOCAL post office. It is never open when I am in my own neighborhood, except 1/2 day Saturday. Maybe if the package could be sent to ANY post office. I could then pick it up during lunch at the PO near my workplace. Oh, wait a minute, no I can't... They started closing at lunch time, too.

stupid idea for the following reasons:
    1. We have terrible hours
    2. Long lines when we are open
    3. windows clerks can't find the parcels half of the time.
    4.How are you going to handle the oversize.
    5. How are the carriers going to handle the "re-delivery"

Yes, if given the opportunity to have a FedEx or USPS parcel delivered to my local post office I would. I would also stop mailing my parcels via USPS. What consumer would not take advantage of the better tracking currently offered by FedEx and UPS if the consumer could pick up a missed parcel a few miles from home instead of 20 or 50 miles? The Postal Service currently offers alternate mailing addresses; they are called post office boxes.

I loathe to go to my post office - and I have worked there! 3 stoplights from my house. Has never had enough staffing, parking lot is so poorly designed, you have to wait through at least 2 light changes to get out. I can't imagine anyone else would want to do this, but wait, there is a charge to "receive" this service??? Wow!