• Reply to: Will Harry Cast a Spell on Young Stamp Collectors?   4 months 2 weeks ago

I think a idea to put in a stamp is Spider pig from The Simpsons

I think they shouldn't put Harry potter on a stamp because it's kind of bad because Harry Potter has no American background what so ever the stamp . I think they should have put old american tv shows, movies, and plays we used to see.

They should put like cartoons on stamps or a picture of the military. They should put season stamps. Or like all kinds of stamps. So I think they should put all kinds of pictures on stamps. Do you?

I think that the Postal Service should not make Harry Potter stamps because he is not American. They should focus on American idols like Hello Kitty or other children things they seem to focus on. Or they could focus on American heritage or history.

Should you sell stamps with celebrities?I think you shouldn't sell stamps with celebrities like Harry Potter because not a lot of people like Harry Potter and other celebrities.They should have history stamps about everyone's history.Not a lot of people watch T.V. because they are playing video games half the time!Another reason is,that if you put little pictures of video games stamps,and people might buy a lot.I think celebrity stamps are not going to be bought a lot.Video game stamps could be a hit.

I claim that people will try to buy the Harry Potter stamps. I think this because a lot of people love Harry Potter and it's a popular franchise.

I think they should put a great picture on a stamp.A reason is history is boring for people ,so they could make it buy it.

I think they shouldn't have Harry Potter stamps because he isn't even american. If the Harry Potter stamp is going to be made, at least give the stamp to the UK. I know that younger children like to collect stamps, but at least give them stamps that has something related to the US. If I were to make a stamp, I would put a picture of something beautiful, unique , or maybe something fun!

I think they should put sport players,and celebrities on stamps because nowadays kids are into T.V. and the internet. Kids these days like to text, go on Facebook, or on Vines. If you want stamps to be a blockbuster follow my idea

I think they should put cartoon characters on stamps because children think history is boring. Secondly,children are attracted to bright colors. Thirdly,children like watching cartoons so why dont they put like Spongebob or something. In conclusion,if you want children to buy stamps put cartoons on them and bright colors.

I think they should put celebrities on stamps because nowadays kids are into a lot of technology , and they should focus on working; not just pressing a button and your done. If they put celebrities on stamps kids will start writing letters and not be on their cellphone all the time.

They should put like cartoons on stamps or a picture of the military. They should put sesson stamps

I agree with the idea that the USPS should definitely market stamps toward a younger audience. Older people who collect stamps will not live forever, but with younger-skewed stamps (like the Harry Potter ones) grandparents can give a gift to a grandchild and create a mutual hobby that can cross generations.
    I don't think having non-American heritage stamps will lessen the quality or "specialness" of the American stamps, and it also teaches a non-isolationist idea for younger generations. Of course it's good to love your country, but there is a whole world about which to learn.
    Or, should stamps be works of art and pieces of history and not based on fads or celebrities? Elvis. That's all I have to say about that. Okay, Marilyn Monroe. Johnny Cash. All of them icons, and I think preserving an extremely popular (and extremely important literary empire) moment in time is a work of art in itself.
    What stamp images would you like to see? I would love to see more literary characters, authors, films, international foods (like the baguette as "the food" of France, or a vegetable curry dish for India), Values (like the values.com posters)

I think they should try to get younger people into stamps because what if you know someone from far away and they don't have internet or a phone and you want to talk to them but you cant.I also they should try to get younger people into stamps because they can try to get them of there phones and laptops.

I would agree and say yes, they should create Harry Potter stamps. They should focus on younger things like Diary of a Wimpy kid, the Simpsons, etc. It would get kids to get stamps and kids would love them!

I think they should focus on the younger audience.the first reason i think this is because it will help younger people focus on something else and not be in their rooms all day.Next i think it will help the postal service.These are some of the reasons I think they should focus on the younger audience.

I think they should do those types of stamps.First of all its true right know the internet is taking over.
    Second of all the young are concentrating on electronics.
    And last but not least it could give them one new hobby to do.

I think people won't even buy the stamps.One reason is because we have cell-phones now.Second reason is because why waste your money when you can text/email them.

I think that the USPS should have stamps with famous people in it. One reason I think this is because the USPS just wants to make money on stamps. Another reason is that people rarely use mail because using email is faster and easier.

Should Post offices make fun and interesting stamps?
    yes ,Because if kid or adults see something they like they will surely star collecting it.For,Instance Since I like angels i would like to buy a stamp of what I like .I think a good idea would be celeberties,history,some thing we like, like christ so we should get more stamps.

I see nothing wrong with having a Harry Potter stamp (they looked good) because the movies and books did so well in this country. They perked some peoples interest in reading again, especially young children. I still send mail and every once in awhile put a collection of stamps together of various postage to add up to the correct amount. I love seeing envelopes with interesting stamps on them. When I receive mail the envelopes that get my attention are the ones that have different stamps on them. I would like to see better religious Christmas stamps because the past several years the selection has been bad. We are trying to help the post office out by sending mail and buying stamps. Besides bills, I send cards to my grandchildren at least once a week and to friends for special occasions or just to say hello. I miss having the stamp backs that you just lick. I used to collect stamps and still put ones that interest me on the side or purchase them from the post office when I see ones I enjoy. But frankly, how do you insert a mint self-adhesive stamp into an album?

I am against this idea. Stick to American History. If you persist in chasing the almighty buck you might as well go right to selling advertising on the stamps - and thereby kill what you say you are trying to save.

The USPS should do what it can to raise revenue and to interest young collectors. Harry Potter and other popular themes may well appeal to the 6-12 age crowd and get them started on a lifelong love of stamps. Does the USPS get paid by Scholastic Books/Warner Bros /Disney to use their images? So much the better.
    I think stamps should be broadened beyond the American Heritage criteria - why not include international themes as well? Other countries have wonderful American themed stamps.
    I collect animal/bird stamps, so would welcome more of them. Do consider reviving the Nature of America series; I'd collect them forever. Also, I support the fella who wants 1982 Beirut Bombing Commemoration stamps issued, altho I get that the USPS and the public might perceive them as negative and they wouldn't get sold. So maybe it's more a financial decision, rather than a deny/ignore-our-history one.

I am against using popular culture icons (like Harry Potter) on US postage. These fads are ephemeral. The tendency lately has been to revert to cartoonish artwork without much meaning to them. The 100th anniversary of the completion of the building of the Panama Canal comes in a few weeks. This was a tremendous undertaking by our country, but instead we get Harry Potter. In May will be the 100th Anniversary of the official establishment of Mother's Day in the US.

The USPS is increasingly ignoring the published stamp selection rules and now bypassing the CSAC group entirely. They have already issued several stamps featuring Disney content which is a commercial enterprise. Repeating the theme violates the rules. Not one, but two Yoda stamps appeared in the same year. There have been several non-US subjects. If I were on the Citizen's Stamp Advisory Committee I would resign as a result of this high-handed move.

I fail to see how the issuance of the Harry Potter stamps does anything to further American subjects and doubt that it will have any measurable effect on enlisting youths to stamp collecting as a hobby. Most young people don't even think about using postage stamps in this digital age.

My Suggestions for stamps:
    1. 12 Birthstones .
    2. Invertebrate fossils of the US.
    3. A series about National Parks and National Monuments which have not previously been featured.
    4. Indian tribes of the U.S.

Wendell C. Mohr